DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Users with multiple accounts

spunko

Poll: Users with multiple accounts  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A few users have signed up with new accounts yet are still posting under their original account. Other forums do not allow this. Do you think it would be a good idea to disallow this?

Obviously any users who have multiple accounts before today's date won't be affected.

So should everyone be restricted to one active account?

Would this affect me if I was planning on starting a new account to rep all my posts? 

:ph34r:

Also, is it supposed to be a public vote this one?

EDIT Having thought about it, yes, it kinda needs to be a public vote, in case the double headers try to vote twice!

It entirely depends what they're for.  If they're for comedic purposes then absolutely fine; though I accept that comedy is a personal thing.

If it's for negative reasons like trolling or persecuting posters then no.

We have a shared yob-type profile on my football board that we (the mods) use to stir up the board if it goes through a quiet patch.  I'm trying to work out which one Spunko is using here!

6 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Mrs XYY does not post that often, and some find her amusing.

She was meant to make people laugh. There is no other purpose to me having two accounts, and everyone knows it is me. There is nothing nefarious going on, just a comedy character.

I'd have thought you miserable bastards would want cheering-up with all the doom and gloom on here, but obviously some of you wish to wallow in your sorrow.

Delete her, and you delete me...

XYY

Yes, wasn't aimed at you. I don't know why people would register 2nd accounts in general, unless for parody or they can't login to the old one, but a small handful of people are posting serious type replies under 2 profiles which I find a bit strange. :Old:

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

We have a shared yob-type profile on my football board that we (the mods) use to stir up the board if it goes through a quiet patch.  I'm trying to work out which one Spunko is using here!

That's quite a good idea, I am not that Machiavellian, though.

B|

21 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Would this affect me if I was planning on starting a new account to rep all my posts? 

:ph34r:

Also, is it supposed to be a public vote this one?

EDIT Having thought about it, yes, it kinda needs to be a public vote, in case the double headers try to vote twice!

Oh I suppose that explains why someone might maybe do it. The plot thickens... O.o

I voted no, but I think that as a point of honour multiple accounts should only be done overtly as per Mr and Mrs XXY.

A ban would appear to decrease the risk of skulduggery, but can't people just run two accounts without you knowing anyway? (By tricks like always logging in on different IP addresses).

It's better to know that people might be up to mischief and keep your guard up, than to think that you've stopped them and be taken unawares.

22 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I voted no, but I think that as a point of honour multiple accounts should only be done overtly as per Mr and Mrs XXY.

A ban would appear to decrease the risk of skulduggery, but can't people just run two accounts without you knowing anyway? (By tricks like always logging in on different IP addresses).

It's better to know that people might be up to mischief and keep your guard up, than to think that you've stopped them and be taken unawares.

Yes, they can. I don't really know if a rule change will make any difference either.

On 9/25/2017 at 17:08, spunko2010 said:

A few users have signed up with new accounts yet are still posting under their original account. Other forums do not allow this. Do you think it would be a good idea to disallow this?

Obviously any users who have multiple accounts before today's date won't be affected.

So should everyone be restricted to one active account?

Do the multi account holders get multiple votes?

I think its only fair that people with multiple personality disorders can have multiple online characters otherwise they would have to favour one and leave the others out which could cause seriously stressful mental issues for them.

Fortunately, I am a sheep, and I don't dream of electric dogs in my sleep either so no issues here,

at the moment.....

swiss_democracy_for_all
15 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

As ever, when I receive criticism, I will give it some thought and adjust my behaviour if possible.

I cannot promise the same courtesy from my wife though...

XYY

This is a phrase I am familiar with... :(

Archived