DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Hours × Intensity × Ability = Results

spygirl

On 14/11/2021 at 18:29, spygirl said:

He wrote: “If you are not prepared to work 12–18 hours a day, six or seven days a week, then you are not going to achieve much or become a big success. It is that simple. And you have to work with intensity. It is no good having breaks all the time

As was said above, if you are setting up your own business or are getting stock options it may be worth investing that time for a limited period 6-12 months. If you are just working in his call center then you are going nowhere in life and you should be investing the minimal amount of time to get paid - that would be success.

It is true that sportmen may be training 6 to 7 hours a day, 6 days per week. That is one reason performance tails off as you get older, as you physically can't push your body as hard during training.

The top French universities also work people 6 to 7 days per week, 8 hours per day. My son's French A levels is 32 hours a week in class, the same doing homework. Given France isn't actually an intellectual powerhouse, no French Google or Facebook, thick as pigshit politicians, one might conclude they are doing something wrong there.

On 26/01/2022 at 00:10, Uncle Buck Rogers said:

I don't care for the opinion of someone that has never sat and watched Doctors and Father Brown.

I miss 90s daytime TV. Countdown followed by Murder She Wrote, or Little House on the Prairie.

The opening credits would be considered a hate crime today.

• 3 months later...

Cunts back.

Yorkshire businessman calls for end to homeworking as staff 'get distracted by deliveries and screaming kids'

A controversial Yorkshire businessman has caused uproar again after calling for an end to home working.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business/yorkshire-businessman-calls-for-end-to-homeworking-as-staff-get-distracted-by-deliveries-and-screaming-kids-3674830

What  a wimpy needle dick

QVNIMTI1NTE5MTg4.jpg?&width=640

Chewing Grass

Where I work a lot of people commute, some do 60 miles each way and Public Transport doesn't work unless you live 5 miles away.

The car park isn't big enough, before lockdown cars littered grass verges and local estates when  nobody was ill or on holiday.

WFH has suppressed wage demands and staff turnover as it works for people and nobody objected to 50/50 as it meant the car park was only 75% full and the place didn't feel like a sweaty concentration camp.

End 50/50 and skilled people will want increased compensation or will move to nearer jobs.

Commuting at something like 80p/mile all in, £480 per week after tax is not viable.

Car Park for 1000 cars also does not have a single charging point for Tesla's.

If everyone had an electric car the business park would need new substations.

Axeman123
18 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Cunts back.

Yorkshire businessman calls for end to homeworking as staff 'get distracted by deliveries and screaming kids'

A controversial Yorkshire businessman has caused uproar again after calling for an end to home working.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business/yorkshire-businessman-calls-for-end-to-homeworking-as-staff-get-distracted-by-deliveries-and-screaming-kids-3674830

What  a wimpy needle dick

QVNIMTI1NTE5MTg4.jpg?&width=640

Pocket square with an open collar is a definite "aspirational wanker" tell. I can sense him gearing up to mention "his portfolio" just from a picture.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Odin said:

FWIW (can't see this signicant recent matter has been posted here)

https://www.commsbusiness.co.uk/news/daisy-group-acquires-xln/

Pointless.

Either XLN has been sold by its creditors. Or Daisy made an offer they could nto refuse - more free coffee ...

Anyhow, does not matter.

Daisy, xln and countless other companies like this, operating from cheaper bizzyness sheds all have the same model - sign people up, hope they dont notice the fees going up.

Im not sure the business is worth the effort. Its a commodity with a billing office.

Where they *could* add value/differentiate would be to provide support and useful stuff. But you oly get crap sales people in these sort of businesses. Anyone who could actually be useful wont be working there. And even if they were, a competitor would lie and offer claim to offer it cheaper, But fail.

• 3 weeks later...
haroldshand

Just my two pennies worth.

Too many people from my generation had the mantra "work hard" and all will come to you, not a totally bad mantra but far from the truth. I have seen so many businesses set up and by very skilled and knowledgeable people who on the surface "look like a business". You might get a highly skilled electrician with his sign written van, NICEIC registered and all his insurance and tools taken care of and back then you signed up with the vastly too expensive Yellow pages trades advertising. Then come the opening day it dawns on them that they have no customers and nobody even knows they exist.

I am sure it's too late to start giving old DOSBODS a  life lesson but if I had one bit of advice I could give that also applies to so many other things in life as well as business opportunities outside your field later on and that is to master the art of marketing, and to do so to a degree you are as good at that as you are at your own chosen field, maybe even more.

I have got so many people starting out to cut back or even cancel Yellow Pages or Thompson(I know it's gone now) and you pay half the money or even less and then use local Newsletters in local communities and Villages that do not know it's value and worth, get in peoples faces with business cards, work for nothing for local respected businesses and steal idea(not customers).

Yep marketing, that's the baby to learn

Bobthebuilder
3 hours ago, haroldshand said:

Yep marketing, that's the baby to learn

The Guardian ran an article today from the HSE and Gas safe, stating that gas safety inspections are down 33% this year due to people cutting back because of the "cost of living crises". They used a picture of the exploded house recently.

This ties in with what I am seeing, I only said to the wife a few days ago, that I expect my turnover to be 30% down this year.

No amount of marketing is going to help with people running out of money going into a recession.

I have a mate who picks up more work than I do, as he uses facebook, instagram, etc and posts replies to people to push his business. Spends his evenings doing this, safe to say he is single, no wife or kids,

On 16/11/2021 at 13:08, spygirl said:

Christian Nellemann established XLN for small businesses because he knew: while busy people spend their time working hard to build and grow, they will spend less time reading the small prints of contracts. And this is how he managed to make 50-100 Million of revenue in the year 2014. Thief.

Rereading.

Theres a whole load of shyster orgs like this, selling dubious or obscure products to small business.

Telecoms like these, 4com etc.

I've seen some truly horrendous charges, for something that could be achieved with a mobile or dect system and VoIP - 10k/ year for handful of phones.

• 1 month later...
On 06/07/2022 at 20:06, spygirl said:

Rereading.

Theres a whole load of shyster orgs like this, selling dubious or obscure products to small business.

Telecoms like these, 4com etc.

I've seen some truly horrendous charges, for something that could be achieved with a mobile or dect system and VoIP - 10k/ year for handful of phones.

Its always the cunts who get into the paper - 

Britain's best boss? Managing director of phone systems firm 4Com gives ALL of his 431 staff a £200-a-month bonus to help with rising energy bills

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11131471/4Com-boss-gives-431-staff-200-month-bonus-help-rising-energy-bills.html

Give them a pay rise then,. you fat bent cunt.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/4com.co.uk?stars=1

Archived