• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
BBH

Tech problems

So in the space of a few days

- our Xbox has died. 

- the all in one pc has gone mental. The mouse pointer keeps moving to the bottom right of the screen and clicking, even when not plugged in. Think maybe the touchscreen is fucked?

- my phone's Bluetooth options seem to do naff all and not show any available connections.

Is it possible to get some sort of virus on the home network, or is this just a combination of bad luck and my crappy tech skills?

Modern life is rubbish...

3 minutes ago, BigV said:

- our Xbox has died. 

- the all in one pc has gone mental. The mouse pointer keeps moving to the bottom right of the screen and clicking, even when not plugged in. Think maybe the touchscreen is fucked?

- my phone's Bluetooth options seem to do naff all and not show any available connections.

Is it possible to get some sort of virus on the home network, or is this just a combination of bad luck and my crappy tech skills?

Any unmarked vans outside your house ? 

3 minutes ago, BigV said:

- our Xbox has died. 

You've got a lot of gadgets for someone who thinks modern life is rubbish !!

6 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Have you turned them all off and back on again?

I refuse to do this as it will probably work and I will look like a complete bellend! 

Edited by BigV

Just now, BigV said:

I refuse to do this as it will probably work! 

There is a new xbox out in a month or so - presumably all curent xboxes have been instructed to commit hari kari?

When you say it is dead what do you mean? What model xbox is it and what is not working about it - the power supply? Is it showing any red lights? Have you wiggled the cables?

Have you stuck a vaccum cleaner over the air vent and sucked out any crud - do this whilst the xbox is NOT plugged in.

Xbox one s. There was an error code on screen at startup the other day which I didn't write down for some reason. Powered off and on again. Now no input at all to the TV thru HDMI. The Xbox power light is on but no display. Have tried different HDMI ports and leads but no success. Other machines still connect ok to the TV thru HDMI. Tried to power Xbox off by pressing button for 10 seconds, disconnect power lead for a while, then set it back up again. No luck.

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

There is a new xbox out in a month or so - presumably all curent xboxes have been instructed to commit hari kari?

When you say it is dead what do you mean? What model xbox is it and what is not working about it - the power supply? Is it showing any red lights? Have you wiggled the cables?

Have you stuck a vaccum cleaner over the air vent and sucked out any crud - do this whilst the xbox is NOT plugged in.

If that fails wrap it in a towel and let it overheat. 

(don't know if anyone will get this reference)

11 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

If that fails wrap it in a towel and let it overheat. 

(don't know if anyone will get this reference)

An attempt to heat it up enough to reflow the solder? 

21 hours ago, BigV said:

- the all in one pc has gone mental. The mouse pointer keeps moving to the bottom right of the screen and clicking, even when not plugged in. Think maybe the touchscreen is fucked

Assuming its Windows try disabling the device associated with the 'touch' part of the screen (normally listed as some sort of HID... don't disable your mouse by accident!).

3 hours ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

Assuming its Windows try disabling the device associated with the 'touch' part of the screen (normally listed as some sort of HID... don't disable your mouse by accident!).

Excellent thanks, that works :Beer:

Looks like I need the touchscreen fixing. Luckily it's in warranty

What do you know about Xboxes?!!

Edited by BigV