• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingPoor

Thomas Cook begging with fake news

What weak pound?

To dollars, one year history:

chart?chart_primary_ticker=FX%5EGBP:USD&

At or about the one year high of 1.35 from a low of nearly 1.20 in February.

To euros one year history:

chart?chart_primary_ticker=FX%5EGBP:EUR&

Okay against the Euro its down from the 1.19 high of the year but it's risen from 1.08 to 1.14 in the last month.

Give it a few weeks and we'll start hearing moans about the strength of the pound from exporters.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Okay against the Euro its down from the 1.19 high of the year but it's risen from 1.08 to 1.14 in the last month.

We were getting less than one Euro to a pound in Portugal last month. Speaking of which, the prices for there for next year are eye watering.

9 minutes ago, eight said:

We were getting less than one Euro to a pound in Portugal last month. Speaking of which, the prices for there for next year are eye watering.

Yes that was my worry, i love the Algarve, i expect all the sheep will be piling in there now, and pushing up what was some considerably reasonble prices. Shame.

Even Pria de Luz might pick up again! 

Edited by WorkingPoor

35 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Yes that was my worry, i love the Algarve, i expect all the sheep will be piling in there now, and pushing up what was some considerably reasonble prices. Shame.

More worrying were the people complaining about the lack of "entertainment" in the hotel where we stay (there isn't any) or how much better it would be if there was an all inclusive option. Any pandering to these, and I'm never going back again.

It's great to know that they're on the side of the consumer and aren't just trying to gouge the consumer's wallets some more.

;)

It seems Thomas Cook are trying to make out you need to book up for Spain now! as prices are going to rise 5-10% due to demand! 

& "Egypt & Turkey are great destinations with lots to offer"

Why take the risk - some will of course.  It was bad enough in that regard before the terrorism as well as the general attitudes ratcheted up several notches.

Edited by twocents

ADIOS MAJORCA: End of an era as Britons HATED by ‘arrogant locals’ start leaving isle 

BRITAIN’S love affair with Majorca could be over as UK tourists prepare to take their cash elsewhere rather than be treated as ‘unwelcome intruders’.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/858960/Britons-seeking-good-weather-leave-Majorca-Mallorca-Ibiza

Majorcans with an attitude problem want Brit German & Nordic tourists out! 

Well withdraw your tourist £ i say! 

This was going on in Barcelona before it got hit wasn't it? 

It is easy to see the real reason behind Thomas Cook's press release today isn't it? practicaly begging B|

Edited by WorkingPoor

12 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:
12 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

France, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Turkey, Tunisa, Egypt, Morrocco,  Sudan, Tanzania, Nigeria, Gambia, Somalia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Malaysia & Canada. 

Even without the issues of appeasement and terrorism I would not travel to most of those countries - a fair few are shitholes anyway.

These holiday Co's are desperate, expect some going will be going out of business within the next 12-18 months.

I can see the Majorcan's point (and venetians etc) 

A modern cruise liner can disgorge some 3000 Boomers into a small port town in under an hour! some ports like Dubrovnik have up to 4 cruise liners trying to disgorge their cargo of Boomers all at once.

Then they all retire back to the gin palace for meals & drinks and spend naff all ashore just selfies for facebook etc 

I gather in recent years majorca has become the "cycling mecca" of europe with thousands of Lance Armstrong wannabe's dressed as Power Ranger's decending on the island for "road races" that's gotta piss off the locals in any country.

I bet the Airlines love all the extra charges for "Bike Boxes" 

Edited by WorkingPoor