• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bkkandrew

Next Black Swan Event

Dirty nuclear device detonated in canary wharf London.  London rendered uninhabitable and all the surviving banker scum are forced to move to frankfurt. Ummm. This is prolly good for the relocation of businesses from the square mile.

I don't think there will be a black swan. All threats are known and indeed cultivated by the powers that be. When the US military-industrial complex requires a war then a false flag event will be manufactured. When Wall St. requires a crash they will conspire with the Fed to cause one. If any state requires a terrorist atrocity they will simply let one through.

I credit the supra-national deep-state with too much control to believe in black swans. Black swans are what they want the little people to believe in so as to hide their real power.

Suck it up, peasants!

7 minutes ago, billfunk said:

I don't think there will be a black swan. All threats are known and indeed cultivated by the powers that be. When the US military-industrial complex requires a war then a false flag event will be manufactured. When Wall St. requires a crash they will conspire with the Fed to cause one. If any state requires a terrorist atrocity they will simply let one through.

I credit the supra-national deep-state with too much control to believe in black swans. Black swans are what they want the little people to believe in so as to hide their real power.

Suck it up, peasants!

Broadly speaking, I think you are correct.

17 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Well I had (what I can only assume was) a Typhoon fly over a couple of hours ago very low and very fast   (Again, purely a guess based on Doppler effect). Maybe something is going to kick off soon. 

I saw (what I can only assume were) Typhoons up in the Highlands earlier this year (normally see lots of Tornados). They were very high up though,  and seemed to have smaller wings than I expected.

5 minutes ago, billfunk said:

Suck it up, peasants!

I kind of agree with your (very dark) analysis that the establishment and vested interests control things to a large extent.  However, I don't consider that they are that powerful that they can control everything.  There will be something that comes along that they cannot control.  

FWIW, my view is that it will be a mass event such as the black death.  Yes there have been massive medical advances but there will be something that pops up that there is no cure for.  AIDS, Ebola to name two have recently become known.  They have managed to largely beat aids but Ebola is deadly and can spread like wildfire.

It may be that the next mass event will be manmade...

2 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

I saw (what I can only assume were) Typhoons up in the Highlands earlier this year (normally see lots of Tornados). They were very high up though,  and seemed to have smaller wings than I expected.

Midges probably, they are a bugger in Scottish summers

13 minutes ago, billfunk said:

Suck it up, peasants!

Theresa May's performance during, and since, the last election has robbed me of any remaining illusion that I had that there's somebody steering the boat.

We're adrift on the river. Sometimes we get good weather and calm waters. Sometimes rapids and thunderstorms.

10 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Theresa May's performance during, and since, the last election has robbed me of any remaining illusion that I had that there's somebody steering the boat.

We're adrift on the river. Sometimes we get good weather and calm waters. Sometimes rapids and thunderstorms.

Someone is steering the boat but it's not Theresa May. She is nothing more than a school janitor whom happens to sit on the board of governors.

Someone is steering the boat but it's not Theresa May. She is nothing more than a school janitor whom happens to sit on the board of governors.

I accept that there are various powers seeking to shape the world in their own image. But what's become clear is that it's too chaotic a system for anybody to have anything more than the illusion of control.

Even when Machiavellian types do get their way, more often than not there are unintended consequences that mean the real life outcome is not what they wanted. Think of the current attempts to destroy nationalism through forced mass immigration. They've actually stirred up nationalist sentiment.

I agree and said this with Cameron.  Whilst he had the top job and was theoretically the most pwerful person in the country he never seemed to be in charge or want to do anything bar two things:

• Legalise gay marriage - an obsession with him.  The chief exec of somehwere public sector I worked had a similar obsession with key meters and they would come up at every board meeting.
  • Referendum for EU membership - not something he wanted but something he pushed through as a calculated gamble to win votes from UKIP.  Whoops.

I thought Cameron was just implementing what the EU told him to do but May doesn't have that excuse as we're leaving.

It's bizzare.  They all want to be Prime Minister but they don't actually want to do anything when they get there.  The last two who did were Maggie (clear economic vision; whether you agreed with it or not) and Blair (mass social engineering by immigration and lots of neocon wars).

28 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

To be fair, her time at the Home Office was a good indication of things to come.

She promised nothing and delivered it.

BTW, has anyone heard anything more about the claim on ToS (sorry can't remember which poster) that they were aware of FGM offcuts entering the human food chain? It doesn't sound that unbelievable. Not quite "black swan" but I think it'd be pretty fucking big news if true.

Sorry, a bit :Sick1:

Pretty sure it was before the "Tesco horse meat" became known as well.

6 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I accept that there are various powers seeking to shape the world in their own image. But what's become clear is that it's too chaotic a system for anybody to have anything more than the illusion of control.

Even when Machiavellian types do get their way, more often than not there are unintended consequences that mean the real life outcome is not what they wanted. Think of the current attempts to destroy nationalism through forced mass immigration. They've actually stirred up nationalist sentiment.

But maybe that's what "they" wanted. I'm now convinced, for instance, that the Lisbon treaty, despite ostensibly binding Europe closer together, actually contained the seeds of the EU's demise. We just seem to oscillate between two extremes - the late 20th Century seemed to a time of conciliation, and now confrontation is in vogue. But in reality, very little different actually happens under either set of circumstances. 

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

It's chaotic for the peasants I will give you that. Rothschild had this down centuries ago. That our politicians will do nothing to change the money system should tell you all you need to know.

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

BTW, has anyone heard anything more about the claim on ToS (sorry can't remember which poster) that they were aware of FGM offcuts entering the human food chain? It doesn't sound that unbelievable. Not quite "black swan" but I think it'd be pretty fucking big news if true.

Sorry, a bit :Sick1:

Pretty sure it was before the "Tesco horse meat" became known as well.

Utter bollox!

There are significant barriers to entry into the food chain, not least of which is scale. The horsemeat scandal was in the 100's of tonnes, that's an awful lot of lady bits. 

Poor personal hygiene practices by minimum wage and minimum engagement employees is a much greater risk to manage.

3 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Utter bollox!

There are significant barriers to entry into the food chain, not least of which is scale. The horsemeat scandal was in the 100's of tonnes, that's an awful lot of lady bits. 

Poor personal hygiene practices by minimum wage and minimum engagement employees is a much greater risk to manage.

I suppose you are right! I am quite relieved.

2 hours ago, steppensheep said:

I have a pair of typhoons go over almost daily on their way to training off the coast in the North Sea. But yesterday, the one(s) that flew over was in a real hurry. 

15 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Twitter going to 280 characters. 

I predict SWJ critical mass creating a black hole which will envelop the galaxy. 

It's going to bankrupt Twitter, that's for sure.

140 char is perfect for a rant: "Tories out! Tories out! Nasty kippers, nasty kippers!"

280 chars? You can either repeat the same words over and over - and start looking right a right vagina. Or else, you have to start padding out your thoughts.

Which means basically that Twitter is dead as a platform for SJWs!

I found a new site called Kialo a few weeks ago. Organises arguments into vast dialectic trees. Pros and Cons to an original thesis are added to the structure. Once you gain editing rights to a debate you can add and flag claims. It tries to self-police which is problematic (and will be even more problematic if user numbers grow). Fun, if you like that kind of thing.

https://www.kialo.com/explore

I use it to supplement my dosbods time rather than it being a substitute for dosbods time. For me, the main advantage of kialo over twitter is that it is not blocked at work!