Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Netherlands - it's kicking off


JFK
 Share

Recommended Posts

Axeman123
2 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Already happened.

...one had an AR15 variant (C8 I think) that was that shiny it looked like it had come out of it's grease and paper wrappings that morning. The the other had an SA80..."It's not that John, they are breaking things out of crates, and that isn't police kit". Interstingly, the SA80 had grey furniture. 

Very interesting. Not something I had heard of before

Looking at Notts police annual report, they had I think 66 Authorised or Senior Authorised firearms officers. If you take into account leave, sickness absense, training et cetera, home many can they put on duty at any one time? They don't have enough carbines to put one in the hand of every man they can muster.

I would be surprised if they had more than 30 carbines for that number of authorised officers

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Axeman123
2 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

Using live ammo cements the idea in the public mind that the unvaxxed are vermin and a threat to society. They need to be separated and disposed of

Routine arming of police means an individual officer can panic and fire without any larger meaning. An event like last night will have had bodies deployed from small towns in the region and from behind desks. People panic, especially in unfamiliar circumstances. I also wouldn't be surprised if the shootings were clustered, with officers reacting to shots fired by colleagues as an escalating threat.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Axeman123 said:

an individual officer can panic and fire without any larger meaning

People like this shouldn't be issued firearms. 

Suitability can quite easily be tested in the course of the training.

Edited by Errol
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Axeman123
3 minutes ago, Errol said:

People like this shouldn't be issued firearms. 

Suitability can quite easily be tested in the course of the training.

Situations like last night will be a tiny % of the job. Arming every officer means arming the lowest common denominator. Add in officers having to be suited to playing social worker, and minority hires, and suitability for the diverse workload becomes a compromise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

This is Klaus Schwab's 4th Reich.

In the popular childrens virtual world, Minecraft Someone needs to push this fucker into a volcano.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Those of you suggesting it was non violent should look again. 

Setting fire to things and jumping on cars is not peaceful. 

As we say about the refugee crisis. Where are the women and children.

 

 

But what option do people have when the feel they are being ignored, the ballot box doesn't work and/or election promises are reneged upon?

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

Using live ammo cements the idea in the public mind that the unvaxxed are vermin and a threat to society. They need to be separated and disposed of

But it may also cement the idea that anyone in uniform is now 'The enemy'....proportionate response, were the police being fired upon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Battenberg
5 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Those of you suggesting it was non violent should look again. 

Setting fire to things and jumping on cars is not peaceful. 

As we say about the refugee crisis. Where are the women and children.

 

 

This is the problem I have with this sort of stuff. The actual issue gets forgotten because of the behaviour.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

M S E Refugee
3 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

But what option do people have when the feel they are being ignored, the ballot box doesn't work and/or election promises are reneged upon?

It's very telling how they can use live ammunition on their own citizens but treat rioting illegal immigrants with kid gloves.

  • Agree 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

It's very telling how they can use live ammunition on their own citizens but treat rioting illegal immigrants with kid gloves.

Interesting, are the Dutch guilty of not learning from British history i.e. Jallianwala Bagh/Amritsar massacre?...all it takes as someone mentioned above is a poorly trained/'twitchy' police officer and you could have the modern day equivalent.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WorkingPoor
34 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

But it may also cement the idea that anyone in uniform is now 'The enemy'....proportionate response, were the police being fired upon?

They were being molotov’d in their vehicles and there was a pushbike put through the windscreen of one police car, 

i’d say the herberts who were shot (aimed at) had just molotov’d a police vehicle with occupants in it. 

In that situation plod would be justified in opening fire, or opening fire on behalf of colleagues who are trapped and beseiged by molotov wielding herberts. 

They may have put a “code zero” call for help out which means every copper in the area will go there and start bashing heads.

If you throwing molotov’s at police you can’t really grumble when they shoot you, it’s a deadly weapon.

^ it’ll turn out to have been something like i have described, in fact i think a government press release last night said as much. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightly Toasted
4 hours ago, Errol said:

Obviously it's a riot. But the use of live ammunition is exceptionally unusual.

If that had been in Moscow, Russia, what do you think the Western media reaction would have been?

Or Northern Ireland?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Generation Game
2 hours ago, Errol said:

People like this shouldn't be issued firearms. 

Suitability can quite easily be tested in the course of the training.

No plan survives first contact. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WorkingPoor said:

They were being molotov’d in their vehicles and there was a pushbike put through the windscreen of one police car, 

i’d say the herberts who were shot (aimed at) had just molotov’d a police vehicle with occupants in it. 

In that situation plod would be justified in opening fire, or opening fire on behalf of colleagues who are trapped and beseiged by molotov wielding herberts. 

They may have put a “code zero” call for help out which means every copper in the area will go there and start bashing heads.

If you throwing molotov’s at police you can’t really grumble when they shoot you, it’s a deadly weapon.

^ it’ll turn out to have been something like i have described, in fact i think a government press release last night said as much. 

It wont. Theres a video. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WorkingPoor
9 minutes ago, McKay said:

It wont. Theres a video. 

yes & they guy who was hit was standing next to the target who threw the molotov 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WorkingPoor said:

yes & they guy who was hit was standing next to the target who threw the molotov 

Indescriminate police gun fire in a crowded area, hitting an innocent man is what the video shows. Not what you described in your fantasy above. 

  • Agree 9
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

yes & they guy who was hit was standing next to the target who threw the molotov 

Still completely unacceptable.

  • Agree 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WorkingPoor
Just now, McKay said:

Indescriminate police gun fire in a crowded area, hitting an innocent man is what the video shows. Not what you described in your fantasy above. 

other have pointed this out in the thread, the target was the guy in black clothing to left of the man who was hit. (as you look at the screen)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WorkingPoor said:

other have pointed this out in the thread, the target was the guy in black clothing to left of the man who was hit. (as you look at the screen)

If the person with the gun can't hit the correct target at what is short range, he shouldn't be using the gun.

  • Agree 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yadda yadda yadda
18 minutes ago, Errol said:

If the person with the gun can't hit the correct target at what is short range, he shouldn't be using the gun.

Very basic stuff. The Terminator can shoot a would be rapist through the victim's skirt. Fair play. Mission accomplished. No innocent people harmed. Only shoot at something if you can hit it and you can guarantee not to hit someone else, including through doors, windows, etc.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bus Stop Boxer
3 hours ago, Battenberg said:

This is the problem I have with this sort of stuff. The actual issue gets forgotten because of the behaviour.

Portland Oregon. With a side of BLM.

We are past worrying about our behaviour now.

Teeth have been shown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bus Stop Boxer
2 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

Interesting, are the Dutch guilty of not learning from British history i.e. Jallianwala Bagh/Amritsar massacre?...all it takes as someone mentioned above is a poorly trained/'twitchy' police officer and you could have the modern day equivalent.

I could be a bit like that bit towards the end of V for Vendetta when the sole agent gets his head stoved in cos he shot a gal with a mask on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Generation Game
6 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Very basic stuff. The Terminator can shoot a would be rapist through the victim's skirt. Fair play. Mission accomplished. No innocent people harmed. Only shoot at something if you can hit it and you can guarantee not to hit someone else, including through doors, windows, etc.

RoboCop?

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

leonardratso
25 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

RoboCop?

i thought that was a documentary

Edited by leonardratso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

They were being molotov’d in their vehicles and there was a pushbike put through the windscreen of one police car, 

i’d say the herberts who were shot (aimed at) had just molotov’d a police vehicle with occupants in it. 

In that situation plod would be justified in opening fire, or opening fire on behalf of colleagues who are trapped and beseiged by molotov wielding herberts. 

They may have put a “code zero” call for help out which means every copper in the area will go there and start bashing heads.

If you throwing molotov’s at police you can’t really grumble when they shoot you, it’s a deadly weapon.

^ it’ll turn out to have been something like i have described, in fact i think a government press release last night said as much. 

Is this not what rubber bullets or tear gas are for?.....or even water cannons?

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...