• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

You know nothing Jon Snow

And, dear reader, I married him.

I think we've all become attracted to people we work with, even if we've done nothing about it, but how much harder is it to resist if your job involves kissing and rolling around naked with them?

"If you're already attracted to someone, and then they play your love interest in the show, it becomes very easy to fall in love."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41403658

1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Friend of mine works in the TV industry and told me about these two being together way before it hit the papers.

For a little while, I was the holder of major gossip and I was elevated to the ranks of minor stardom. 

/wanker mode off

Funny chap that one, I quite like him in GOT but he's not exactly charismatic outside of the program and his other films have been dubiously acted to say the least.

That said, he's good looking, borderline aristocracy, wipes his arse with fifty pound notes and has a fit missus. I'm sure he gives a huge fuck about what I think. 

Are we talking Jon Snow?  Hardly aristocracy, he studied and failed his a levels st Scarborough tech. O.o

12 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I mean on a family level. I can't remember exactly how it goes but he's from the upper echelons.

He has that air about him.  His father was bishop of Whitby. 

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Especially with those ties...

Socks, those socks. 

20 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Friend of mine works in the TV industry and told me about these two being together way before it hit the papers.

For a little while, I was the holder of major gossip and I was elevated to the ranks of minor stardom. 

/wanker mode off

Funny chap that one, I quite like him in GOT but he's not exactly charismatic outside of the program and his other films have been dubiously acted to say the least.

That said, he's good looking, borderline aristocracy, wipes his arse with fifty pound notes and has a fit missus. I'm sure he gives a huge fuck about what I think. :ph34r:

I gathered by the female attention he was but that's one I really don't get.  I can see Brad Pitt etc. will appeal but without wishing to be drogatory to Kit I would not have classified him as a babe magnet.

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I gathered by the female attention he was but that's one I really don't get.  I can see Brad Pitt etc. will appeal but without wishing to be drogatory to Kit I would not have classified him as a babe magnet.

As a female, I don't get it either.  He has charm by the bucket load but is smarmy and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. He also has a demeaning attitude towards women.  

Good for them.

29 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I agree. Never heard of him before GOT so looked up the other stuff and, well, it is a bit embarrassing. He seemed a tad lost in the early episodes of GOT also but then so do the rest of them - usually first series of new shows are a bit naff as the actors and writers try to establish characters.

But, only having started watching it at Christmas, I have become a huge fan of it - rare for me to watch TV these days - and I think that he, and all the young actors, have flourished on it. Refershing to see so many new faces.

I wish them all the best - hope it works out for them. Whilst loads of actors and actresses sleep around due to what Frank said above there are plenty of longterm, happily married acting couples out there - but usually the female half gives up her career to become wife and mother. So will be interesting to see what she does from here forward.

12 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

They started making jokes about his height in the last series - which I suspect is a relfection from real life. So either the writers & producers hate him and want to hurt him or he is a good bloke able to share a joke about himself. I suspect the latter.

The Jon Snow character is very compelling - I imagine it would be more so if I was female.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

He looks like he needs a good wash. That oily hairstyle has been lifted straight from the local scrap dealing pikey. Do women find this attractive? If so there is no hope for me. :ph34r:

Of course he's of a privileged background, and perhaps trying to mask it. Unfortunately one cannot climb from obscurity to being cast on a show like this, without connections and money behind you, so I don't know who he thinks he's fooling. Obviously, he cares as much about my opinion, as I care about Game of Fucking Thrones.

33 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

I see one of the photos has this caption "Harington and Leslie appeared on the red carpet at the 2016 Olivier Awards"

Harington will indeed presumably be spending a lot of time on the "red carpet".

Puerile but I like it!

4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

He looks like he needs a good wash. That oily hairstyle has been lifted straight from the local scrap dealing pikey. Do women find this attractive? If so there is no hope for me. :ph34r:

Of course he's of a privileged background, and perhaps trying to mask it. Unfortunately one cannot climb from obscurity to being cast on a show like this, without connections and money behind you, so I don't know who he thinks he's fooling. Obviously, he cares as much about my opinion, as I care about Game of Fucking Thrones.

Acting is pretty much a closed shop now only reserved for the children of the elite. Various reasons like most people can't live on fuck all in London for years while trying to get a break unless mommy and daddy are paying for you. You also obviously no longer need to be a good actor as Kit Harrington proves (I flush stuff with more acting ability) and that with enough money you can buy your way in.

Edited by gibbon

4 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Acting is pretty much a closed shop now only reserved for the children of the elite. Various reasons like most people can't live on fuck all in London for years while trying to make a break unless mommy and daddy are paying for you. You also obviously no longer need to be a good actor as Kit Harrington proves (I flush stuff with more acting ability) and that with enough money you can buy your way in.

Yes, I had noticed that it has become a rich person's profession but hadn't really thought why.  That would be it though; London rents have made it impossible if you're not rich.