• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Bleeding hearts

"£20,000 a year does sound a lot," she said. "It's not a lot really, and by the time you've paid your gas, your electric, your rent, your council tax, your food shopping, clothes for the kids, school trips and stuff like that, it soon goes."

Neither of them have worked for almost nine years. Under the rules, the Carmichaels could get their full benefits back if they worked 24 hours a week between them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39484897

Don't talk to me about benefits! Apparently if I were renting, you get housing benefit immediately. I've had the cheek to buy a house, and you don't get anything for 39 weeks now

Do you know how much graft I have to put in to earn 20k?

It's a lot, I earn more than 20k but that's because I bust my arse doing so. There are plenty of people in this country working their tits off for significantly less than 20 grand a year, I used to be one of them, so when I hear these people wittering on about how difficult it is trying to organise their free money, I'd happily put them up against a wall.

Also, if people are moaning about not being given able to live in London because their benefits won't let them then stiff shit. Move. Half of Eastern Europe has managed to up sticks and build a life for themselves over here on significantly less. What's their fucking excuse? 

They don't have one, it's because they are singularly useless and can barely wipe their own arses without government assistance. Top flight professionals at having kids however.

Unless you are (genuinely) ill or disabled, there is no excuse for not working for nine years. None. If you've got kids too then it's a disgrace.

I've been saying it for years, the fact that someone who grafts 45 hours a week can earn less than some greasy dosser who hasn't shifted off his fat arse for years is an absolute national outrage.

:PissedOff:

Edited by Sgt Hartman

24 hours a week between them!

FFS My wife and I have done that by the end of Monday. 

That is the problem. The argument is always that most benefits go to people that are in work. 16 hours a week is not in work - it is a Saturday job. 

5 hours ago, MrPin said:

Don't talk to me about benefits! Apparently if I were renting, you get housing benefit immediately. I've had the cheek to buy a house, and you don't get anything for 39 weeks now

Have you been tormenting the Job Centre staff again?

Just now, SNACR said:

Have you been tormenting the Job Centre staff again?

Er yes! It's not like the old days, where you signed your name and the giro arrived on Thursday. They keep you waiting!