DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The Japanese miracle

sarahbell

Rarely seen cases quoted per million.

Still, shows that when the Olympics had to go behind closed doors the situation there was never particularly serious.

• Agree 2

I haven't watched the whole video yet, but are Japan claiming Ivermectin can stop cases?  Did they give it to large numbers of people as a vaccine?

Edited by Ninja

23 minutes ago, Ninja said:

I haven't watched the whole video yet, but are Japan claiming Ivermectin can stop cases?  Did they give it to large numbers of people as a vaccine?

He talks about a number of factors that might have caused it:

Ivermectin

The virus may have gained a mutation which caused it to burn itself out

Natural ability of Japanese (genes) to stop the virus factory from working in an infected person :)

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Shamus said:

Ivermectin

Natural ability of Japanese (genes) to stop the virus factory from working in an infected person :)

Umm. I was wondering if IVM was being used to stop the spread where the official vaxs cannot🤔

Edited by Ninja
  • Agree 1

steppensheep

Thought the interesting bit was him saying you have to scroll through four pages of fact checkers denying japan was using ivermectin before you get to the actual sources. 

• Agree 5

steppensheep

There's a fact check on it. Makes the reasonable point that correlation isn't causation. I'd add that the waves don't look particularly unusual to me.

But thought this "more plausible" suggestion was a bit laughable.

Japan's rollout was sluggish at first & didn't pick up until June 2021, and accelerated rapidly during July & August

When cases began to rise: 38% of Japan's population was vaxxed

By the point cases started to fall: 40% was vaxxed

Meaghan Kall
@kallmemeg 

So the wave was knocked on its head by increasing vaccination from 38% to 40%? Hmm, sounds a bit unlikely

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

Just now, steppensheep said:

There's a fact check on it. Makes the reasonable point that correlation isn't causation. I'd add that the waves don't look particularly unusual to me.

So the wave was knocked on its head by increasing vaccination from 38% to 40%? Hmm, sounds a bit unlikely

Their vaccination rollout has been remarkably consistent and slow in relative terms, so a massive tipping point in cases was pretty much certainly not associated with the rollout.

• Agree 1

steppensheep

May as well include the other criticisms

Thread

See new Tweets

Conversation

LHTXisjV_x96.jpeg

First of all, this is false. Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic mainly used in to de-worm livestock, is NOT an approved COVID-19 treatment in Japan. COVID-19 treatments are determined by Japan’s Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA)

LHTXisjV_x96.jpeg

The video notes the Chair of the Tokyo Medical Association has spoken in support of Ivermectin (worryingly, without any data to support...) However, the Toyko Medical Association has no authority to license medications or treatments. So this claim is just plain FASLE.

LHTXisjV_x96.jpeg

It furthe rclaims people are able to order Ivermectin on the internet from India. This is the same as any other person in the world with internet access. So, where is the data? How many people in Japan use Ivermectin? What is public attitude to Ivermectin in Japan?

LHTXisjV_x96.jpeg

There is none. Zip zero nada. It appears this is based on anecdata on social media driving wildly damaging mis-information.

LHTXisjV_x96.jpeg

So what could have caused the decline? A few ideas: 1. The Tokyo Olympics were held 23 July and 8 August. Apart from ~100,000 people entering the country, there were substantial increases in mobility data around the start and just after the Olympics.

LHTXisjV_x96.jpeg

2. Vaccinations. Japan's rollout was sluggish at first & didn't pick up until June 2021, and accelerated rapidly during July & August When cases began to rise: 38% of Japan's population was vaxxed By the point cases started to fall: 40% was vaxxed https://thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01220-4/fulltext

LHTXisjV_x96.jpeg

Japan used Pfizer and Moderna. A reminder that mRNA primary vaccination (2-dose) reduces symptomatic infection by 80-95% in the first 3 months post-vax (Delta).

LHTXisjV_x96.jpeg

3. Widespread NPIs As mentioned before, Japan was in a State of Emergency during this period (from April to October 2021), including reduced movement, social distancing, work from home, reduced hours at bars/restaurants. Additionally, make use is widespread even before COVID.

The combination of these events and prevention measures make for a much more compelling argument for the reduction in cases in Japan, than Ivermectin use. Dr Campbell notes this briefly, but does not give nearly enough credence to this compared to Ivermectin...

Japan was under State of Emergency thought the whole period when cases were low, cases rocketed and cases plummeted, so that argument doesn't hold water.

Now iI don't know how the events were distributed but you'd expect significant clustering is the olympics triggered confined breakouts. A case map suggests considerable spread. 500 cases amongst people with Olympic credentials, out of a huge number that must have had them.

2136508576_ScreenShot2021-11-24at16_06_28.thumb.png.c24bcdf86f8f642d7a1f66684a1bf33a.png

Hail the Tripod
27 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

May as well include the other criticisms

I don’t know who she is, does she represent some kind of “fact checking” org? It’s an embarrassingly partisan take, if she is claiming to be in some sense a disinterested arbiter.

• Agree 1

Austin Allegro
4 hours ago, Bkkandrew said:

Much more intelligent stuff nowadays from our 'Dear John"...

Dr John always seems like teetering on the brink of taking the red pill, but then backs off.

Certainly if he 'turns' , it will upset a few million True Believer fans.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I don’t know who she is, does she represent some kind of “fact checking” org? It’s an embarrassingly partisan take, if she is claiming to be in some sense a disinterested arbiter.

To debunk Ivermectin they (all the fact checkers) say that Japan does not have Ivermectin on its approved list - which is true.

However, just because its not on the approved list does not prove that Drs are not giving it to patients or that patients are not buying it and taking it themselves.

I'm going to fact check the claim of "Drivers in the UK are driving at speeds of over 70mph" - False - the speed limit in the UK is 70mph, therefore no one ever drives at more than 70mph.

The leftists of course will happily approve of any fact checker results if its the right message.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

Dr John always seems like teetering on the brink of taking the red pill, but then backs off.

Certainly if he 'turns' , it will upset a few million True Believer fans.

I'm surprised at how far he has been pushing it and that he has not had his channel shut down. Although to be fair he is being smart with it.

He is now well and truly in the sights of the fact checkers and leftists, his latest videos are probably attracting lots of reports. A lot of people would happily see his channel shut down.

Personally, I think he is a genuine guy who means well. He appears to have logical thought and a questioning mind. As things have progressed and new information has come to light he has changed his views - as we all should consider doing when new information is presented.

• Agree 10

A tremendous # on the lung

He's doing a great job at the moment. This thing turns when normies like him start questioning everything. Need a few more 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

He would only take the red pill if there was a peer reviewed paper about it 😒

Quite why he has 'turned' I don't know.  I guess it's finding out pharma may have manipulated their data, and the BBC 'fact' checking.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

Long time lurking
5 hours ago, Shamus said:

Ivermectin

And i`m sure they all evolved over a two week period :D now what else happen around that time 

On a serious note though i`m sure in a previous video he went into how the new antiviral from Pfizer worked and how it worked in the same way as Ivermectin ,IIRC it messed with the viruses ability to replicate/construct itself in a very similar way to what he explained regarding the new mutation possibility being the reason for the drop in cases 

• Informative 1

A tremendous # on the lung

There's another Japanese miracle in play here, highly correlated.

As a nation they have maintained their homogeneous national identity. They have not caved in to the woke globalist diversity agenda. 

They seem to have strong enough leadership to resist both this and the current Covid madness (one and the same thing perhaps). For some reason, they can not be so easily bribed by the Davis elite. It's interesting

Edited by A tremendous # on the lung
  • Agree 2

On 24/11/2021 at 18:10, Long time lurking said:

And i`m sure they all evolved over a two week period :D now what else happen around that time 

On a serious note though i`m sure in a previous video he went into how the new antiviral from Pfizer worked and how it worked in the same way as Ivermectin ,IIRC it messed with the viruses ability to replicate/construct itself in a very similar way to what he explained regarding the new mutation possibility being the reason for the drop in cases 

There's also another suggestion, remember way back we were discussing the attack on the lungs and the virus opening the pathway for pneumonia, ivermectin is supposedly an anti bacterial as well that may affect onset of pneumonia. 

• Informative 1

14 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

There's another Japanese miracle in play here, highly correlated.

As a nation they have maintained their homogeneous national identity. They have not caved in to the woke globalist diversity agenda. 

They seem to have strong enough leadership to resist both this and the current Covid madness (one and the same thing perhaps). For some reason, they can not be so easily bribed by the Davis elite. It's interesting

I believe they intentionally gave the mandate for IVM without doing so, the Tokyo medical officer gave the nod and nothing was done to stop doctors then taking up that advice, a nod and a wink whilst the government officially could say whatever they want to appease global onlookers.

• Agree 3

swiss_democracy_for_all
On 24/11/2021 at 16:52, steppensheep said:

Just like the massive wave in India was knocked on the head by vaccination going from 5 to 10 percent plus the natural immunity, nothing to do with the medical kits containing Ivermectin, no sir. 

• Agree 4