DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

HORRIFIC BOTSWANA VARIANT

spunko

Chewing Grass

How do they know the mutations are horrific, have they looked in a microscope and observed spikey ugliness.

News providers should be banned from spamming up non-stories.

• Agree 10

If you were being really malicious, you'd have to run a massive trials to find the best mutations - a few piddly experiments in a  lab would not be sufficient then bolt all the best bits together.

Lucky it most likely came from an immuno suppressed HIV patient.

• Agree 2

stop_the_craziness

WORSE than Delta?????????????????   What the Delta where you .......ummm.........errrr............ummmm.......remind me what was so incredibly bad about Delta again, I seem to have forgotten

• Agree 6
  • Lol 1

stop_the_craziness

And why are we allowed to country-shame again?  Is it not racist to call it the Botswana variant?  I don't understand how this racist/not racist naming works.

• Agree 7
  • Lol 2

Just now, stop_the_craziness said:

And why are we allowed to country-shame again?  Is it not racist to call it the Botswana variant?  I don't understand how this racist/not racist naming works.

Well if nothing else it helps people with their geography skills 😒

• Agree 1

stop_the_craziness
Just now, Ninja said:

Well if nothing else it helps people with their geography skills 😒

My first thought was.....Oh, is it still called Botswana?  Another thing I lose track of these days.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

Stunley Andwin

I would like to think that "Spreading the HORRIFIC BOTSWANA VARIANT" will in time gradually assume a meaning similar to Jumping the Shark; when something just becomes ludicrous.

In the meantime, I would love to spread this horrific Botswana variant.

New face female model Atang from Botswana

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1

unregistered_guest
1 hour ago, stop_the_craziness said:

WORSE than Delta?????????????????   What the Delta where you .......ummm.........errrr............ummmm.......remind me what was so incredibly bad about Delta again, I seem to have forgotten

The Delta variant was so easily transmissible that it risked the whole country developing natural immunity before the winter.

That would mean that the Establishment wouldn't be able to go all Narnia on us again, and cancel Christmas!

Now they have a new big stick to wave at everyone in a threatening manner. So do as you're told, or the sniffles of doom will make you feel under the weather for a few days.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, stop_the_craziness said:

County shaming is okay as long as it's the Kent variant 'cos nobody likes us :CryBaby:

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

Oddly the presenter on the so-called local news said he was instructed by the government not to reference the Delta plus. It was on odd thing to announce live on television.

• Informative 2

Red Debt Redemption
1 hour ago, onlyme said:

If you were being really malicious, you'd have to run a massive trials to find the best mutations - a few piddly experiments in a  lab would not be sufficient then bolt all the best bits together.

Lucky it most likely came from an immuno suppressed HIV patient.

Isn't that all the jabbed now :ph34r:

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 5

We haven't had a new varient thing for absolutely ages.  Surely the pinnacle isn't the delta nee Indian one.  Disappointed with the Kent who seemed to be meant for such great things initially.  If it was a horse race it has been a bit shit really - lots of advertising and fanfare with the buildup then basically a damp squib.  

Kind of makes me question if the varient thing has run it's course.  Out in the US I think it's still a big talking point that this crazy delta is on the loose (did they not have any homegrown talent?).  Elsewhere not really.  Maybe it's just because the news I'm blasted with is UK specific and varients become a bit blasé after the first leg.  We had the baddest of the bad, delta, and waiting for the rest of the world to catch up before we get the new season with new prospects.

Anyway have been conscious of the lack of varient stuff for quite a while.

Something exotic like a boswana contender could shake things up I guess.  Doubt Kent will come back and can't really see a Yorkshire, Grampian or Strathclyde one coming either.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

3 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

We haven't had a new varient thing for absolutely ages.  Surely the pinnacle isn't the delta nee Indian one.  Disappointed with the Kent who seemed to be meant for such great things initially.  If it was a horse race it has been a bit shit really - lots of advertising and fanfare with the buildup then basically a damp squib.  

Kind of makes me question if the varient thing has run it's course.  Out in the US I think it's still a big talking point that this crazy delta is on the loose (did they not have any homegrown talent?).  Elsewhere not really.  Maybe it's just because the news I'm blasted with is UK specific and varients become a bit blasé after the first leg.  We had the baddest of the bad, delta, and waiting for the rest of the world to catch up before we get the new season with new prospects.

Anyway have been conscious of the lack of varient stuff for quite a while.

Something exotic like a boswana contender could shake things up I guess.  Doubt Kent will come back and can't really see a Yorkshire, Grampian or Strathclyde one coming either.

I'll be disappointed if when the markets crash it's just blamed on COVID again rather than something more creative like Russian cyber space alien hackers from the sun.

• Lol 4

On 24/11/2021 at 21:02, Loki said:

I'll be disappointed if when the markets crash it's just blamed on COVID again rather than something more creative like Russian cyber space alien hackers from the sun.

I am disappointed.

On 24/11/2021 at 18:55, unregistered_guest said:

Now they have a new big stick to wave at everyone in a threatening manner. So do as you're told, or the sniffles of doom will make you feel under the weather for a few days.

Love it!

• Agree 1