• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swissy_fit

Fetching the HPC disappeared.

Hi chaps,

Old poster from HPC here, got banned without notice for(I assume) gently teasing Bruce Banner for being a miserable semi-literate selfish old cunt (not the words I used of course but he probably (correctly) felt that's what I meant.  No explanation was received, just couldn't log in and could not be arsed with VPN and creating new emails etc. I read HPC still sometimes.

A lot of the best HPC posters over the years disappeared. Durch was one that stood out to me, there may be others I can't think of right now. I wonder if they went the same way as me, banned so that Bruce could build his little UKIP/NF enclave?

Anyway if anyone can think of a way to get some of them back here...

However, if you find them, don't let on how this forum came about as it might not bring them back, while many people disappeared at HPC just via Brucie and his little vanities, the Mods were mainly OK - I actually thought Fubra were right to delete the threads on the Westminster attack, there was some really nasty and downright ignorant stuff posted in there. I like the idea of a forum where that kind of thing CAN be posted, but I won't be participating in debates with people who hate all Muslims.

Anyway enough - anyone know what happened to Durch? 9_9

Edited by swissy_fit

Yep, great guy Quorky, he used to get agitated about the "fat people are useless spineless layabouts"  type threads that abounded on HPC and Unsustainable Future as he was a bit fat himself.  A great poster to have on a forum. Mr Parry was fun too. I liked Skinty too and a lot of the UF crowd. 

6 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Yep, great guy Quorky, he used to get agitated about the "fat people are useless spineless layabouts"  type threads that abounded on HPC and Unsustainable Future as he was a bit fat himself.  A great poster to have on a forum. Mr Parry was fun too. I liked Skinty too and a lot of the UF crowd. 

Parry is knocking about here. 

Skinty was good value and Anorthosite, I still remember the latter tearing Eric Blair a new arsehole when he failed to explain his rather dismal 'it wasn't that bad' opinion of the holocaust.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the old names aren't already here, under different guises.

But It isn't about the clientele, it's about the content. Focus too much on the former and we'll end up with another cliquey "phatic chat" + mutual stroking board, like the failed UF - a real danger in the absence of an overarching purpose for this forum to exist. 

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

34 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I thought Doccyboy and Bart were both mods. I'm sure someone (maybe Bossy babe) said that Doccyboy (a woman) had passed away?

Bart was certainly a mod at some point, not sure if he surrendered his badge. I also read a post to the effect that Doccyboy was no longer with us but don't know if that was literal or just his forum life. Iirc Doccy was Ireland based and good irl mates with another member - think they used to post updates on some white elephant block of flats that was rotting away unoccupied. But it's all a little hazy now.

For some reason Bart reminded me of Jimothy - he of the hideous bearded Rosie Millard avatar.

2 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Bart was certainly a mod at some point, not sure if he surrendered his badge. I also read a post to the effect that Doccyboy was no longer with us but don't know if that was literal or just his forum life. Iirc Doccy was Ireland based and good irl mates with another member - think they used to post updates on some white elephant block of flats that was rotting away unoccupied. But it's all a little hazy now.

For some reason Bart reminded me of Jimothy - he of the hideous bearded Rosie Millard avatar.

Doccyboy was a women.

I seem to recall that she left of her own accord to pursue other interests.

UF wasn't particularly cliquey, only anti-Semites or global-warming deniers got short shrift (from memory) but failed because poor Skinty got herself into an awful situation in Germany with herself working, Anorthosite not working and not looking like getting work, financial issues, accommodation issues, etc etc etc and she got a bit manic and it all went downhill from there.

If enough of the HPC disappeared, plus a few UF return here it will be lively enough and there will be varied content. Just MO.

56 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I thought Doccyboy and Bart were both mods. I'm sure someone (maybe Bossy babe) said that Doccyboy (a woman) had passed away?

I think that was Daftboy

24 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I think that was Daftboy

I think that is right. Odd to be moved by the passing of someone you don't know from a virtual world.

Happened with a blogger I liked and occasionally engaged with - Captain Ranty. When your world view seems similar, always wonder if they posted on these forums.

7 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

I miss cgnao and his light hearted banter and elegant bon mots.

He warned me about something. Can't for the life of me remember what it was

That had me laughing!:)

2 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

I want to see Nuggets on here. 

It seems to be generally accepted that I killed him. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

Doccyboy was a women.

I seem to recall that she left of her own accord to pursue other interests.

:o People have other interests?

Justthisbloke was another. Seemed to dissappear after brexit.

Durch ascended to a higher level of conciousness. His matter no longer exists in any dimension any body human can understand, but thats what a good fast will do for you.