• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Global airline ticketing system kaput

As someone who has 15 days leave to use up before the end of the year, it doesn't look like I'll bother venturing off too far, on account of flights getting cancelled, booking systems going down, or being run over by a religion-of-peace-er if I do go somewhere ;)

17 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

As someone who has 15 days leave to use up before the end of the year, it doesn't look like I'll bother venturing off too far, on account of flights getting cancelled, booking systems going down, or being run over by a religion-of-peace-er if I do go somewhere ;)

Don't forget the Icelandic volcano that has apparently been imminently due to erupt for the past 4 years and will wreak havoc on the entire world for decades when it does.

Just now, spunko2010 said:

Don't forget the Icelandic volcano that has apparently been imminently due to erupt for the past 4 years and will wreak havoc on the entire world for decades when it does.

Good point. I'll hide under my desk just in case.

As the whole world seems to run on the internet these days, something catastrophic is going to happen one day isn't it?

For example - when these self driving cars come in. Someone is going to hack them, send em loopy and watch the chaos.  It sounds like a Stephen king novel but not too far fetched in my opinion.    

4 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Japan.

5 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

London, Paris, Washington, Shanghai - going down around the world.

Network problems apparently.

Must admit my first thought was that they want to keep people on the ground because specific threats have been made.