• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

People/ Organisations you've emailed

I quite like emailing people to tell them what I think of them. I thought it might be an idea if we shared this as a hobby?

I emailed UNICEF yesterday to tell them I would not be supporting them after their proposals on bringing orphans from Syria to the UK. I also mentioned the Parson Green tube attack in my email.

I got this back from them :

"Thank you for your recent email about Unicef’s vital work for children in danger, and our campaign to the UK Government to provide safe and legal routes for children in desperate need of safety to join family members already in the UK.

Over half the world’s refugees are children. Like everyone in the UK, refugees will be horrified by the attack at Parsons Green. All terrorists are in the minority and we must not let these attacks divide us."

If we all emailed charities/ politicians/ celebrities etc they might start to question their beliefs.

https://www.unicef.org/publications/files/UNICEF_Annual_Report_2015_En.pdf

P49 on. 

Charity should begin at home.
Justin Watson, the head of Oxfam’s UK programme, said: “There are now more people in poverty in the UK than there have been for almost 20 years and a million more than at the beginning of the decade.”
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/16/child-poverty-in-uk-at-highest-level-since-2010-official-figures-show

It sounds like UNICEF copied and pasted that reply, so I expect you aren't the only one to have mentioned it to them. The left know that high immigration is a huge issue for the right, and only favour it in many cases to rub us up the wrong way. I wouldn't give them any satisfaction, the best way to encourage them to change is to tell everyone you know about things like this.

dataview_5134.png

almanac2012-q13-1.png

https://data.ncvo.org.uk/a/almanac12/is-the-number-of-voluntary-organisations-increasing/

Is the number of voluntary organisations increasing?

Since the register of charities was launched in the 1960s, the number of charities has grown steadily, with at least 2,500 organisations registered every year. In 2010, 4,448 new general charities were registered. 

I emailed Lord Dubs (of child refugee fame) and got a response... I emailed him after the Parson Green tube attack...

This is what I emailed Lord Dubs:

"Dear Lord Dubs,

I've watched with great dismay as you have campaigned for child refugees to be brought into the UK. The child refugees in France are in a safe wealthy country and there is no need for them to come to the UK. I would also suggest that it would be cheaper to look after refugees in their home countries instead of Europe.

After the repeated terrorist attacks in Europe it has become obvious that some cultures bring violence into Europe. The UK gave you asylum when you needed it. It seems bizarre that you thank the country that saved your life by campaigning to bring people in that want to kill British citizens.

I would suggest that if the perpetrator of the most recent London tube terrorist attack is a child refugee you should stop your campaign. Or perhaps you could visit the victims in hospital to gather their thoughts on the matter?

Regards

Great Guy"

The response:

"Dear Great Guy

Thank you for your message.

I have never argued that Britain should take all the child refugees in France or indeed in Greece and Italy.  All I hoped was that we would take our share, along with other European countries. My campaign was intended to help the most vulnerable and to achieve family reunion where a child say in France has relatives here.

Given that the refugees have fled war and persecution I think it would not be possible to look after them in their home countries.  However you will be aware that Turkey has about 2.5million, and Lebanon and Jordan about a million each.

I am of course as dismayed and angry as you are at the terrorist attacks here.  So far there is no conclusive evidence that a child refugee has committed such acts and given the age of the person the police have arrested it would not have been possible for him to come here under the measures I have advocated.

Finally I am still enormously grateful to Britain for what this country has done for me and I would never do anything which harmed British people

Yours sincerely"

Edited by Great Guy

tbh, I think he's playing semantics. Two "child refugees" were arrested for the Parson Green attack, so it's seems safe to say that child refugees are involved in terrorism.

He also ignores the Dublin convention where refugees have to apply for asylum in the first safe country.

I'd also suggest he is harming the British people by campaigning to bring in migrants that quite frankly consider us sub human.

Bruno Brookes, my childhood hero ;) He had a heart attack so I wished him well and got back a quick response.

the So-Called BBC. One night when pissed we thought it would be a great idea for them to run a version of "Family Fortunes" but with Anne Robinson as the presenter. That elicited a surprisingly long and detailed response to say that they didn't have any plans for such a show.

Paola Peroni, my musical hero - Italian DJ. We keep in touch and I built her website for her.

Damian Green, our local Conservative MP - I was very interested in getting into politics at one point and he popped round for a coffee and a chat.

Our local Lib Dem MP after the "Help to Buy" scheme was set up and regarding student tuition fees, in which I basically destroyed the party and said it would never get anywhere near power again thanks to its betrayal of the very group of people they were most likely to be able to court. That got no response.

15 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Damian Green, our local Conservative MP - I was very interested in getting into politics at one point and he popped round for a coffee and a chat.

Our local Lib Dem MP after the "Help to Buy" scheme was set up and regarding student tuition fees, in which I basically destroyed the party and said it would never get anywhere near power again thanks to its betrayal of the very group of people they were most likely to be able to court. That got no response.

Damian Green used to by my local MP, I emailed him quite a few times and he always replied quickly and in manner that didn't feel like an automated lazy response.

3 minutes ago, gilf said:

Damian Green used to by my local MP, I emailed him quite a few times and he always replied quickly and in manner that didn't feel like an automated lazy response.

Thanks for your comment.

Have to give these people credit for even bothering to reply. I get punters, who've deduced my email address, banging on with various whines and I can never be arsed to reply. Usually, they'll follow up with a 'I'II take my business elsewhere' and with those I have to strongly resist replying with 'hope so'.

Not email but as a youngster I used to send letters of application to football clubs whenever a high profile manager quit. I would outline how I played football at least twice a week and was unnaturally successful at Championship Manager. It would always be a thrill getting a reply on headed paper from clubs thanking me for my interest in the job.

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

tbh, I think he's playing semantics. Two "child refugees" were arrested for the Parson Green attack, so it's seems safe to say that child refugees are involved in terrorism.

He also ignores the Dublin convention where refugees have to apply for asylum in the first safe country.

I'd also suggest he is harming the British people by campaigning to bring in migrants that quite frankly consider us sub human.

That and an attack of sloping shoulders

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

The response:

"Dear Great Guy

I have never argued that Britain should take all the child refugees in France or indeed in Greece and Italy.  All I hoped was that we would take our share, along with other European countries. My campaign was intended to help the most vulnerable and to achieve family reunion where a child say in France has relatives here.

Given that the refugees have fled war and persecution I think it would not be possible to look after them in their home countries.  However you will be aware that Turkey has about 2.5million, and Lebanon and Jordan about a million each.

I am of course as dismayed and angry as you are at the terrorist attacks here.  So far there is no conclusive evidence that a child refugee has committed such acts and given the age of the person the police have arrested it would not have been possible for him to come here under the measures I have advocated.

Finally I am still enormously grateful to Britain for what this country has done for me and I would never do anything which harmed British people

Yours sincerely"

What a disingenuous cunt, he must have been smirking when he wrote this

Edited by Panther

On 9/29/2017 at 13:00, Great Guy said:

I quite like emailing people to tell them what I think of them. I thought it might be an idea if we shared this as a hobby?

I emailed UNICEF yesterday to tell them I would not be supporting them after their proposals on bringing orphans from Syria to the UK. I also mentioned the Parson Green tube attack in my email.

I got this back from them :

"Thank you for your recent email about Unicef’s vital work for children in danger, and our campaign to the UK Government to provide safe and legal routes for children in desperate need of safety to join family members already in the UK.

Over half the world’s refugees are children. Like everyone in the UK, refugees will be horrified by the attack at Parsons Green. All terrorists are in the minority and we must not let these attacks divide us."

If we all emailed charities/ politicians/ celebrities etc they might start to question their beliefs.

At the very least Soros might have to up his funding to employ extra resources..

Edited by twocents

6 hours ago, Fossildog said:

Not email but as a youngster I used to send letters of application to football clubs whenever a high profile manager quit. I would outline how I played football at least twice a week and was unnaturally successful at Championship Manager. It would always be a thrill getting a reply on headed paper from clubs thanking me for my interest in the job.

7 hours ago, Great Guy said:

I emailed Lord Dubs (of child refugee fame) and got a response... I emailed him after the Parson Green tube attack...

This is what I emailed Lord Dubs:

"Dear Lord Dubs,

I've watched with great dismay as you have campaigned for child refugees to be brought into the UK. The child refugees in France are in a safe wealthy country and there is no need for them to come to the UK. I would also suggest that it would be cheaper to look after refugees in their home countries instead of Europe.

After the repeated terrorist attacks in Europe it has become obvious that some cultures bring violence into Europe. The UK gave you asylum when you needed it. It seems bizarre that you thank the country that saved your life by campaigning to bring people in that want to kill British citizens.

I would suggest that if the perpetrator of the most recent London tube terrorist attack is a child refugee you should stop your campaign. Or perhaps you could visit the victims in hospital to gather their thoughts on the matter?

Regards

Great Guy"

The response:

"Dear Great Guy

Yours sincerely"

The answer sounds fake.

There's no explanation why the "refugees" have to come to the UK instead of the relatives going to France. 

France should be sorting their problem out themselves and not just pass the parcel to the UK.

Edited by twocents

19 minutes ago, twocents said:

The answer sounds fake.

There's no explanation why the "refugees" have to come to the UK instead of the relatives going to France. 

France should be sorting their problem out themselves and not just pass the parcel to the UK.

If the UK needs to help then they could send money to the countries being bombarded with refugees. So that international law could be complied with and people could seek refuge in the first safe country they came to.

24 minutes ago, twocents said:

The answer sounds fake.

Giving Dubs the benefit of the doubt, I'd imagine he's not very rational on the issue because he was a refugee from the Nazis.

However his response comes across as BS. He's clearly campaigning to bring in "children" that are similar to those arrested after Parsons Green.

I cant help thinking a decent political correspondent could make him look an absolute fool regarding his views.

I'm not trying to sound "Billy Big Baws" here. However if we all emailed people like Dubs they might start to change their minds.

It's easy enough to make up a new email address and email these fools.

7 hours ago, Fossildog said:

Love that, 

i wrote to the council when I was about 10 asking if I could buy the field behind our house so I could get a horse.

19 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I wrote to A. A. Milne's son (Christopher Robin) when I was about 10 and got a very nice reply. I just get cease and desist letters these days.

Christopher_Robin_Milne.jpg

Here he is with Pooh bear. I believe he's about to become a film.