• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JackieO

Treason May, does it again

11 hours ago, twocents said:

Poor Dover Council still haven't got used to the decimal system.  "Giant" xD xD - they don't know the meaning of the word.  If they're going to exaggerate then at least do it properly

They clearly mean a 130 mile "lorry park" extending up to Birmingham and maybe even beyond that.  The whole country would come to a standstill - for decades if not centuries.

I don't see any need for queues at all. All that is needed is a booking and queue-management system. If post-Brexit Dover knows it can handle only 1000 lorries per hour instead of 2000 then here's an idea - don't sell 2000 tickets for that hour. Why not sell, say, 1000?

No ticket? Don't come since you won't get on the boat. Perhaps go to another port.

There, I've solved the entire non-problem in two minutes.

Just now, the gardener said:

I don't see any need for queues at all. All that is needed is a booking and queue-management system. If post-Brexit Dover knows it can handle only 1000 lorries per hour instead of 2000 then here's an idea - don't sell 2000 tickets for that hour. Why not sell, say, 1000?

No ticket? Don't come since you won't get on the boat. Perhaps go to another port.

There, I've solved the entire non-problem in two minutes.

Wow, genius, have you ever thought of standing for Brexit Minister?

Posted (edited)

I think the new video below is interesting and thorough on the subject of treason and to what extent the offense still applies in Britain.  It's mainly referring to Blair's actions in transferring sovereignty to the eu but it also seems very relevant to the Brexit negotiations and the Brexit so called "deal".

She also mentions the law on cruel treatment and punishment etc - which is relevant to the way Mr Robinson has been treated.

Edited by twocents

On 06/07/2018 at 23:31, billfunk said:

We are jumping the gun a bit here I think. The Euro Research Group (ERG) lead by Mogg with around 60-70 MPs are very likely to vote this nonsense down. From there it gets to be speculative. I would guess that May offers some kind of ultimatum which Mogg and co decline. May quits (she has had long enough to know she doesn't fucking want it). New Tory PM. Rest of Parliament kick off. Then we have the Mother of all general elections.

I can see the process repeating itself, even beyond the actual Brexit date, for years to come. Every election will be fought on Brexit terms until we are well and truly out (or stick in). There will be True Brexiters, Pragmatists and True Leavers and they will bang this one drum again and again. With such ineffective and spineless cowards as MPs I can see no other way. They will squirm and evade until history coalesces despite them.

looks like this will come true