DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Britain's most reliable used cars

Snake Plissken

10 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

After the Great Reset and Levelling Up Down a small flimsy car will be all you can afford, if you are lucky.

the first person to join two electric scooters side by side will make a fortune, practically a car

Chewing Grass
1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

the first person to join two electric scooters side by side will make a fortune, practically a car

Sinclair C5 was years ahead of its time, you just need to swap the running gear and batteries.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

Tuk-tuk. Rather economical, and ideal for urban taxis. Mind you, I don't suppose they are good in a crash.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

was looking at a honda civic 50k miles full honda service history 2012, bloke puts in the ad that he's selling so he can buy a type R, so does that mean he's revved the arse off the car he's selling, what a plonker

Years ago a guy down the road had an Accord Type R and pretty much every morning I could hear him revving the tits of it to warm it up thinking it sounded great. What a plonker. xD

12 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's a plastic cassette toilet so if you don't want it you simply lift it out.  It shouldn't be relevant to whether you buy the van other than that you know there is a space for it if you wish.

Go old skool and cut a hole in the floor to poop through. xD

Good enough for trains (and castles back in the day, and a castle is your home even if it's a car), though I think they've stopped emptying onto the tracks at stations these days. :Sick1:

• Lol 2

11 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Sinclair C5 was years ahead of its time, you just need to swap the running gear and batteries.

He should have jacked them up on 22" wheels to give more visibility to the driver and other road users. Would have been the first leccy soft roader and would have sold billions. xD

• Lol 1

15 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

I think suzuki's are driven by old people who don't do much mileage, that's why they are viewed as reliable, ones I've tried have been rattly and flimsy affairs

Single mums on bennies also. Suzuki went balls deep into cheap pcp a few years ago, have extended the pcp deals to 4 and 5 years over covid. Very simple, nothing to them, specially if you dont go more than 10 miles in any one journey. As you say, rattle cans and look like they are made of paper.

Saying that Ive always fancied having a jimny but never got round to getting one, probably never will now.

• Agree 1

I put 26,000 on a 2.0 Grand Vitara in 2 years and it didn't miss a beat despite having a preexisting oil burning condition.  Valve steam seals I think, no idea what previous owner did to cause that to have happened by 55,000 when I acquired it.

I drove it hard on the motorway too, full of of gear.

Not a bad motor at all.  The 4WD system was bloody good for a cheap car too.  Not pseudo-4WD like the other soft roaders.

Edited by Loki
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

34 minutes ago, Loki said:

I put 26,000 on a 2.0 Grand Vitara in 2 years and it didn't miss a beat despite having a preexisting oil burning condition.  Valve steam seals I think, no idea what previous owner did to cause that to have happened by 55,000 when I acquired it.

I drove it hard on the motorway too, full of of gear.

Not a bad motor at all.  The 4WD system was bloody good for a cheap car too.  Not pseudo-4WD like the other soft roaders.

Those Suzukis have a bit of a following in the off-roader community for the very tiny.

• Agree 2

On 19/12/2021 at 12:09, MrPin said:

Yes, something like that.  Barbie and Ken go off road. Or maybe off the rails?

suzuki turnovers, they used to flip over due to the high COG