• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

AI is now running the newspapers - confirmed!

1. Basic sentences

2. No named Journalist on the article

3. Stock Image

4. Not proper English (overseas programmers?) "It is not currently known why"

The level of English is generally dreadful on the local press; when a reporter gets featured in a story they tend to be in their twenties so no surprises there.

There was a feature on one show about how the local press had changed; basically the job is now about banging out ten stories a day for the online edition without leaving your desk. So Twitter, Facebook and Google are your journalistic sources.

That story will have been one tick for the  once-eager twenty two year old working the Saturday shift on their own and wondering why they went did a degree in journalism.

My local paper has won some prize

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/whitby-gazette-crowned-yorkshire-s-best-weekly-newspaper-1-8779511

god only knows what the quality of the rest are as it is bloody dire.

i remember when the whole town bought a copy. Discussion centred on what was in the local paper. I've not bought a copy for a number of years now.  

I hate farcebook with a vengeance but it is more useful for local news than the so-called local paper 

It's nuffink to do wiv AI its just the author is normally a, like, millennial who was educated under Labour policy of dumbing down and, like,  carnt string a sentence togeva wivout typos cos they wasnt told how xxx

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

It's nuffink to do wiv AI its just the author is normally a, like, millennial who was educated under Labour policy of dumbing down and, like,  carnt string a sentence togeva wivout typos cos they wasnt told how xxx

Spellins raysist ennywhay init.

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Isn't it time you returned the ketbaord to spy?  xD

22 hours ago, One percent said:

My local paper has won some prize

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/whitby-gazette-crowned-yorkshire-s-best-weekly-newspaper-1-8779511

god only knows what the quality of the rest are as it is bloody dire.

i remember when the whole town bought a copy. Discussion centred on what was in the local paper. I've not bought a copy for a number of years now.  

I hate farcebook with a vengeance but it is more useful for local news than the so-called local paper 

Afaik JP have outsourced a lot of writing to India.

All the JP papers are shite.

They need to sink JP and let domeone else take over the papers.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

That explains a lot.  Not being able to spell place names, not knowing where various places are.  

Do you know anyone who still buys it?  I don't. 

17 minutes ago, spygirl said:

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

That explains a lot.  Not being able to spell place names, not knowing where various places are.  

Do you know anyone who still buys it?  I don't. 

Hartlepool Mail - also JP - is exactly the same.

And their website will fuck with your computer/tablet/phone good-style...!

XYY

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Hartlepool Mail - also JP - is exactly the same.

And their website will fuck with your computer/tablet/phone good-style...!

XYY

Yep. Theres been a step up in full screen ads and questionaires.

I would not mind so much but a lot of the times the ad site blocks, locking the page up.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

It's almost as if it's deliberate. xD

Too tinfolied hatted for me.

JP are run by a bunch of idiots who have as much idea on how to put together a website as they do to make a profitable paper.

Small, regional newspapers ought to be a small goldmine these days. Esp. Now theyve got rid of all the layers of cost and consolidated the printing.

I dont buy national dailys. Neither do my family. But we still buy the local papers.

Problem is papers are run by journos who are a clueless bunch.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Too tinfolied hatted for me.

JP are run by a bunch of idiots who have as much idea on how to put together a website as they do to make a profitable paper.

Small, regional newspapers ought to be a small goldmine these days. Esp. Now theyve got rid of all the layers of cost and consolidated the printing.

I dont buy national dailys. Neither do my family. But we still buy the local papers.

Problem is papers are run by journos who are a clueless bunch.

I stopped buying dailies a few years ago when they stopped trying to even disguise the lies and misinformation (guardian, I'm looking at you). I really don't want to pay money to be subjected to their propaganda. 

Stopped buying the gazette a couple of years ago when I realised that they had stopped reporting the local news. I now read it in the queue at Lidl.  I find that's all the time I need (births, deaths and marriages).