• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Car drives into pedestrians, Edmonton, Canada.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

"Diversity is our strength" quoth Baby Trudeau.

How's that working out for y'all?

In sure he'll use it to push through additional state powers, so to him it really is a source of strength.

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, looking as if a car was driven at a police car, driver got out and stabbed police officer. Man fled.

Sometime later a suspect was seen driving a rental van and a police chase ensued resulting in the van turning over. The van drove into pedestrians - so no idea when the police chase began.

Quote

Just before midnight Kim Anderson was waiting for her bus when she saw the U-Haul truck hit pedestrians near Jasper Avenue and 107 Street. Shortly after, police had closed the intersection, and emergency crews could be seen loading a person on a stretcher into an ambulance.

"There were people flying and everything," she said. "I'm shocked -- I just see people flying."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspect still at large apparently?

People on twitter pointing out that Canadian TV News making no mention of the ISIS flag that is plain for all to see.

Edit:

Man was seen pulled from the rental truck and handcuffed by police.

 

 

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

OK, looking as if a car was driven at a police car, driver got out and stabbed police officer. Man fled.

Sometime later a suspect was seen driving a rental van and a police chase ensued resulting in the van turning over. The van drove into pedestrians - so no idea when the police chase began.

 

That sounds like 2 attackers.  Why would a single attacker start out in a car then a van?  You would think he would have choose the van 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Brian McNeill was sitting on the back of a pickup truck when he saw a UHaul truck going about 80 kilometres per hour, chased by 14 to 20 Police vehicles.

“Holy shit, this is too fast,” he thought as he watched vehicles driving west on Jasper Ave.

He says the truck hit two pedestrians and disappeared. Then he says he heard a gunshot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canadian police have confirmed they are investigating possible acts of terrorism after multiple incidents in Edmonton, Alberta, on Saturday night.

They said a police officer controlling traffic at a Canadian Football League game was struck by a car at high speed and then viciously attacked by a knife.

A man driving a van went on to hit at least four pedestrians and was arrested two hours later after a police chase.

Police said an Islamic State (IS) group flag was found in one of the vehicles.

Edmonton Police Service Chief Rod Knecht said the officer and his vehicle were rammed by a white Chevrolet Malibu at about 20:15 local time (04:15 GMT) outside Alberta's Commonwealth Stadium.

The driver then got out of his vehicle and stabbed the uniformed officer several times, before fleeing on foot. The officer was taken to hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

Chief Knecht said information about the vehicle's registered owner was broadcast to patrol officers.

Shortly before midnight, a man driving a U-Haul rental van was pulled over at a checkpoint after his name on documents was said to be "very similar" to the one police were searching for.

"The U-Haul truck then immediately fled the scene, and was pursued by police officers toward downtown Edmonton," the police chief said.

He said the truck "deliberately attempted to hit pedestrians" during the police chase.

The driver, a 30-year-old male, was arrested after his vehicle overturned in a police chase.

 

From Al'Beeba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Canadian police have confirmed they are investigating possible acts of terrorism after multiple incidents in Edmonton, Alberta, on Saturday night.

They said a police officer controlling traffic at a Canadian Football League game was struck by a car at high speed and then viciously attacked by a knife.

A man driving a van went on to hit at least four pedestrians and was arrested two hours later after a police chase.

Police said an Islamic State (IS) group flag was found in one of the vehicles.

Edmonton Police Service Chief Rod Knecht said the officer and his vehicle were rammed by a white Chevrolet Malibu at about 20:15 local time (04:15 GMT) outside Alberta's Commonwealth Stadium.

The driver then got out of his vehicle and stabbed the uniformed officer several times, before fleeing on foot. The officer was taken to hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

Chief Knecht said information about the vehicle's registered owner was broadcast to patrol officers.

Shortly before midnight, a man driving a U-Haul rental van was pulled over at a checkpoint after his name on documents was said to be "very similar" to the one police were searching for.

"The U-Haul truck then immediately fled the scene, and was pursued by police officers toward downtown Edmonton," the police chief said.

He said the truck "deliberately attempted to hit pedestrians" during the police chase.

The driver, a 30-year-old male, was arrested after his vehicle overturned in a police chase.

 

From Al'Beeba

They took their time reporting this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, One percent said:

They took their time reporting this. 

Note that on the front page it is 'terror' (in quotes), despite the Canadian authorities declaring that it is a terror incident.  Compare that to the kid stabbed the other day, which was terror without the quotes (despite the authorities saying it was likely to be a hate crime).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dgul said:

Note that on the front page it is 'terror' (in quotes), despite the Canadian authorities declaring that it is a terror incident.  Compare that to the kid stabbed the other day, which was terror without the quotes (despite the authorities saying it was likely to be a hate crime).

Obfuscation and disinformation. What the So-Called BBC does best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One percent said:

They took their time reporting this. 

Likely they were all asleep and no-one was on-call - Canada is like the UK in the 70s in some respects when it comes to working hours! 

I see the Toronto Star finally got on the job at 8:30 this morning:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/10/01/edmonton-police-investigate-acts-of-terrorism-after-cop-stabbed-and-van-hits-pedestrians.html

The daesh flag is mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having played guess the name, the results are in:-

Abdulahi Hasan Sharif, 30, from Somalia, was detained by cops as Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale announced the suspect was on a 'police watch list'

No surprises there then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this