• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pepsi Ad

Can anybody make sense of this? Pepsi have pulled it now.

Everyone can bond over a shared love of Pepsi even women who inexplicably wear hijabs when they're at home and policemen who are there to arrest the stragglers once everyone stops chucking bins through windows?

Wow. 

Just think about it for a moment. The amount it probably cost to put together that staggeringly risible, sixth form, diversity bingo shite, would probably keep you and your kids in relative comfort for the rest of your lives.

Obviously thought up by a table of man-bun sporting hipsters who over indulged in the office chang stash before putting that to paper. Jesus wept.

A successful campaign, I'd have thought.  Quite a bit of free publicity in the media, and they didn't even need to pay show it for very long.

41 minutes ago, Nosler said:

Let's look at it:

civil rights march & muslim woman.

Pepsi are basically saying they are on the side of the anti Trump protestors.

Yes, Trump came to mind when I watched it. The cynic in me wondered if the woman's camera represented a gun. Shame on me. 

45 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Wow. 

Just think about it for a moment. The amount it probably cost to put together that staggeringly risible, sixth form, diversity bingo shite, would probably keep you and your kids in relative comfort for the rest of your lives.

Obviously thought up by a table of man-bun sporting hipsters who over indulged in the office chang stash before putting that to paper. Jesus wept.

When I see these sorts of things I always wonder about the people sitting round a table high fiving and back slapping thinking what a great idea. Oh to be that disuillusioned. It's more like "who the fuck gave this the go ahead". 

Makes me think of that weird Cadburys ad a few years ago, just shots of some African shanty town intercut with shots of some religious idol and someone pulling a weird face at the end. No words, no message, no nothing. Makes you wonder.

Hahaha I saw this and watched it burn - what a fucking load of shit. I'm so glad that this sort of nonsense is exposed to us, who the fuck sits around a table (after a quick visit to the toilets for some coke) and comes up with this crap.

Mark Dice nicely deconstructed this piece of shit. Anyone who bothers paying this sort of nonsense attention needs to get out more

On 05/04/2017 at 21:01, Nosler said:

Let's look at it:

civil rights march & muslim woman.

Pepsi are basically saying they are on the side of the anti Trump protestors.

Yeah I think it's pretty clear that they're referring to the anti-Trump protests; the election was (still is) incredibly divisive and for Pepsi to take sides was... well..

An advert that is going to piss off 50% of your target market is just an incredibly moronic advert.

Quite pleased to see this this ad being roundly ridiculed.

Though the BBC coming out with 'it's making light of serious protests and/or the BLM movement' is, I think, to quite spectacularly misunderstand why the piss is being taken.