• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Southmartin

Getting the snip

Apart from my general aversion to the term 'the snip' (as if it's a like a quick haircut.. you don't hear men in the maternity ward saying 'she popped it out simply with no fuss') 

Anyway... It seems all the guys i've spoken to who've had it done (all 3 of them) all suffered excruciating pain that doctors say can happen to about 10% of people... methinks this 10% thing is BS. But have any of you guys done it? I hear there's different methods (not just 2 bricks) - any advice?

1 minute ago, Southmartin said:

Apart from my general aversion to the term 'the snip' (as if it's a like a quick haircut.. you don't hear men in the maternity ward saying 'she popped it out simply with no fuss') 

Anyway... It seems all the guys i've spoken to who've had it done (all 3 of them) all suffered excruciating pain that doctors say can happen to about 10% of people... methinks this 10% thing is BS. But have any of you guys done it? I hear there's different methods (not just 2 bricks) - any advice?

Get rid of wife and get a teenaged girl.

Im v. suspicious about the low rate of complication claims. It does not tally ith what i hear.

1 minute ago, Southmartin said:

I think there has been a thread on this already (or perhaps ToS)

Then, I recounted that I have friend who had it done.

Afterwards, as he walked around like John Wayne, he said it was like getting kicked in the nuts by a donkey.

As he had previously been kicked in the nuts by a horse, he had a baseline.

4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Mate of a mate did it, suffered a lot. Then 5 year later with a new wife, got it un-done, which was a fucking nightmare apparently.

I'm assuming you have kids already?

Yep, fulfilled my biological imperative. No desire to do it again!

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I think there has been a thread on this already (or perhaps ToS)

Then, I recounted that I have friend who had it done.

Afterwards, as he walked around like John Wayne, he said it was like getting kicked in the nuts by a donkey.

As he had previously been kicked in the nuts by a horse, he had a baseline.

*Lot's of nervous laughing here. Shit.

5 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

......the guys i've spoken to who've had it done (all 3 of them) all suffered excruciating pain that doctors say can happen to about 10% of people... methinks this 10% thing is BS. But have any of you guys done it? I hear there's different methods (not just 2 bricks) - any advice?

Had it done over 20 years ago.....no pain, not even uncomfortable really.

Maybe it's one of those things where if it went well you don't have cause to talk about it but if not then everyone gets to hear?

3 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

Yep, fulfilled my biological imperative. No desire to do it again!

Good man - as long as you're 100% sure that's the main thing. Reason I asked is that I've heard stories of some childless blokes getting it done which seems like utter madness.

3 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Good man - as long as you're 100% sure that's the main thing. Reason I asked is that I've heard stories of some childless blokes getting it done which seems like utter madness.

He probably was until your response...

I couldn't go through with it. I had a mate who ended up with an infection. He was seriously ill and had balls big enough to put in a wheel barrow. So I cried off.

And besides there a new gel/plug coming on the market soon which is reversible. Snips will become a thing of the past.

Had it done 6 years ago. Was expecting the worst, in fact apart from a little discomfort, it was a palaver about nothing. Not being allowed drive home was a pain in the arse.

XYY - your generous offer is duly noted and I will discuss it with my new, nubile, blonde, busty, 21 year old girlfriend.

33 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

Only Guy I know who had it done was in excruciating pain too. Sorry.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Duck said:

Had it done over 20 years ago.....no pain, not even uncomfortable really.

Maybe it's one of those things where if it went well you don't have cause to talk about it but if not then everyone gets to hear?

Same here, about 30 years ago. I did worry whether there might be long term effects, so far none that I've noticed.

Mr Dipsy had it done a few years ago. Reported some pain 2/3 days that was sorted with over counter painkillers and nothing since. I'd wait for the gel thing though if it's being made available shortly. 

Had it done 2 years ago. Worst part was having it done by 3 women. The room was cold and I was nervous and shaven. My poor Willy looked like it did when I was 5.

They were nice though, and did a good job. No pain etc, just embarrassing.

3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Don't worry - i'm not overly keen on the two I have got - I certainly don't want any more! ;-)