DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

201p

1st Oct 2017 - Help To Buy Boost

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved.

It will be the latter. Eventually.

2 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

The great thing about Treason May is when faced with two options, she always picks the worst one.

Yes, but it's not really her, I don't think she has any opinions or convictions herself. Just a shill for the banksters and the establishment. Carry on this way and Corbyn will be PM for sure.

There is no panic to buy. People want to wait until after Brexit. And even then there is no impetus to hurry after that (even if immigration will be the same for a while).

It is all about perception. They can add to the push factor, but at the moment there is no pull factor.

I meet a lot of young people through my grown up children in their twenties and the graduates and apprentices where I work. They think differently to their parents, have little interest in stuff having grown up with ever more powerful mobile phones and technology. They have very little or no interest in doing things with their hands and do not in general aspire to large gardens or maintenance hungry houses.

They have seen how unaffordable the 'nice' houses their parents had and would rather live a life than spend their time and money on a property obsession.

This will kill the market for a lot of former 'middle class' homes which will become increasingly hard to sell irrespective of interest rates as those who own them kick the bucket.

If they could buy a house that never needs any work doing to it other than a lick of decorating that would be it.

The Tories still haven't got it. Unbelievably obtuse. Having got away with screwing the young, loading them with debt and giving money to the old for so long, they think they can do it for ever and that the youth vote in June was a one-off.

If they don't take action on housing, which means getting prices down not artificially supporting them with crap like HTB, and on University fees, which means making it free to at least the best UK students, then every single person under 35 who votes at the next election will be voting for Corbyn and so will many parents of the younger generation... Because to be fair to the mad useless old throwback, he is at least addressing these key issues. 

Have to say I think the current batch of Tories are utterly useless - they haven't got the balls to do what Tory governments do well, ie cut spending on welfare and benefits, rebalance the economy and be tough with the EU, and they haven't got the nous to see that the wind has changed with the young, time's up, and they have to do something. What are they doing, exactly? 

On 10/1/2017 at 20:11, shindigger said:

I mentioned similar in other threads. The market is dead in my part of the south. Prices are falling.

I knew she would dress this up as helping the young, again. Its nothing of the sort.

The chancellor has a property development company for fucks sake.

I saw a panel on Sky this am, all Tory inclined, they ALL said the money should have gone on state building programmes, and not new debt.

Don't think she's fooling many any more.

This government is so bereft of ideas vision and vigour. It really is fucking dreadful.

Today set a record for my search area. 10 new reductions. Nothing new.

They can only fool the last few fools until they buy. Then thats it. Then prices fall off a cliff. The london crash ripples are spreading out. Right now even the mumsnet fools are sitting tight.

4 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Have to say I think the current batch of Tories are utterly useless - they haven't got the balls to do what Tory governments do well, ie cut spending on welfare and benefits, rebalance the economy and be tough with the EU, and they haven't got the nous to see that the wind has changed with the young, time's up, and they have to do something. What are they doing, exactly? 

Yep, if all they can do at their conference is offer another 10 billion in house price inflation -  they have nothing to offer. 

I was proven right by not voting for the scumbags, glad i didnt, brexit or no brexit (now proven that they wont even follow that pledge through).