DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Disconnect from public utilities cos let's face it they're all cunts thread

nirvana

my first question, butane or propane, mainly thinking for cooking and/or hot water?

how some yankees are doing it...

Andersen

I've always been told propane burns hotter than butane, so one for heating and the other for cooking?

Neighbours have a small outdoor charcoal BBQ and often use a gas (butane/propane?) burner on it for convenience, similar to but rectangular with flames out of both edges https://www.shoplivart.com/products/vulcanus-v-l01-low-pressure-cast-iron-burner-with-csa-propane-regulator-and-hose 

I'm bringing an old Valiant water boiler back to life, it's not been used for decades and fired up without any effort using the butane in the old bottles that are from the late 90s. Now I just need to find out why the pilot light works but the main burner doesn't. These are very simple and often free / scrap value - but you need to hunt to find them. Turn off the pilot when not in use and a gas bottle lasts ages. Beware these take oxygen from the room they are in so need good ventiliation. Similar to 

Just add running water from a well / steam and a cheap diesel room heater and you're off grid apart from sewerage  (septic tanks are common in rural areas) ;) 

• Informative 3

6 minutes ago, Andersen said:

apart from sewerage  (septic tanks are common in rural areas) ;) 

yes but does one really even need a septic tank?

I've pondered this on a few bike rides since discovering that ie in Thailand they dig a hole, insert 4 or 5 concrete rings, and the poop just falls to the bottom of em! lol (hold off will check my Thailand folder for pic)

holes.jpg

The XYY Man
7 hours ago, nirvana said:

I've pondered this on a few bike rides since discovering that ie in Thailand they dig a hole, insert 4 or 5 concrete rings, and the poop just falls to the bottom of em! lol (hold off will check my Thailand folder for pic)

Poop...?

Fucking POOP...!!!

I hope you see the irony of someone who talks so much shite calling it "poop"...

;)

XMAS

• Lol 1