DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Lets build a plane

nirvana

Andersen

Plenty of DIY plane kits for sale, often called "microlights" (filter by "light" and "for sale" or just browse) https://afors.com/light-aircraft/for-sale/United-Kingdom/9999-days

Several flying schools use DIY'd microlights, I tried to book at a couple of places but couldn't find a suitable date. eg https://www.bmaa.org/

An american forum but they have some great content https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/

• Cheers 1

With a crooked smile
32 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Don't we have a bloke on here who flies wee tiny planes or something? Or is it paragliding?

Posted a picture taken mid flight from a paraglide over the lakes. That's more like a parachute type flight than a small plane. 

• 1 month later...
Carl Fimble
17 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

That's me 🙃 I wouldn't trust me to build or fly anything else ;)

I always wanted a paramotor, the parachute wing thing with a Gentle Ben fan on my back. Now I think I'd prefer a powered wingsuit, though I'd be too scared to try either. 

• Cheers 1

The XYY Man
1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

I always wanted a paramotor, the parachute wing thing with a Gentle Ben fan on my back. Now I think I'd prefer a powered wingsuit, though I'd be too scared to try either. 

Fuck me...!

You and @nirvana are henceforth known as Orville and Wilber - aka The Full of Shite Brothers...

;)

82144129_WrightFlight.thumb.jpg.dbfe674f8638307a53311092d533b69b.jpg

XYY

• Lol 2

longtomsilver
3 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Paramotors are neither good aircraft or gliders... too slow with power and the glide is atrocious plus the vibration of a two stroke goes right through the frame, bone shakers. Paragliding is on another level - free flying and carving into thermals working towards the core and tightening the turns, exhilarating when done efficiently.

• Informative 1