DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

January 2022... Halifax house prices up yet again MoM 1.1%

haroldshand

JimmyTheBruce
On 09/01/2022 at 18:26, Joncrete Cungle said:

I have a lot of pent up demand for a filthy weekend with Mila Kunis & Jessica Ennis......

Interesting combination. Food for thought.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have all but given up on a hpc, it just seems they only ever go one way. In my local area looking at rightmove prices have gone up by 80 to 100% in the last 7 years

With a crooked smile
1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I have all but given up on a hpc, it just seems they only ever go one way. In my local area looking at rightmove prices have gone up by 80 to 100% in the last 7 years

There will always be dips and times that are better than others to buy. 

I'm of the opinion tho that even in 'crashes' such as the last big financial one prices don't really dip as far as the figures would indicate. Prices fell what 20-25% last time but I would argue in many areas such as SE that the properties that sold at these prices were poorly maintained as the owner was probably already struggling so never would have gone for full market value anyway. 

Those in a better financial position just ride it out in the house or rent it out of they need to relocate. 

2 hours ago, With a crooked smile said:

There will always be dips and times that are better than others to buy. 

I'm of the opinion tho that even in 'crashes' such as the last big financial one prices don't really dip as far as the figures would indicate. Prices fell what 20-25% last time but I would argue in many areas such as SE that the properties that sold at these prices were poorly maintained as the owner was probably already struggling so never would have gone for full market value anyway. 

Those in a better financial position just ride it out in the house or rent it out of they need to relocate. 

I have posted this before, but again, most housing stock in the UK is shit. In good times, people will scramble to buy any old crap, less so in tougher times. However, the decent properties in this country will always command top dollar, quality doesn't crash.

With a crooked smile

Indeed we've been here before I think I orginally saw this years ago on TOS. Of course whoever posted it got shot down as a troll, VI ect because it didn't fit the narrative. 

Bobthebuilder
12 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

Indeed we've been here before I think I orginally saw this years ago on TOS. Of course whoever posted it got shot down as a troll, VI ect because it didn't fit the narrative. 

Let's face it, no one knows what's going to happen this decade, good or bad.

I agree TOS ended up ridiculous in the end, I got banned for buying a house.

I am now a mortgage free homeowner, who still wishes to see a HPC, at least on here we do not get shot down for having different views.(very often).

32 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

That may have been the reason for my second ban, after a tonne of abuse from The C*unt (the first was for taking the piss out of Brucie Bonus).

1 hour ago, Don Coglione said:

I have posted this before, but again, most housing stock in the UK is shit. In good times, people will scramble to buy any old crap, less so in tougher times. However, the decent properties in this country will always command top dollar, quality doesn't crash.

I give you exhibit A.

A £3/4m home, and the owner can't afford even essential maintenance.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/119481809#/?channel=RES_BUY

6 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

Sorry, I am being thick - what is your point?

The owners have a bloody expensive house but can't afford much furniture or a lawnmower.

This is very, very common.

PatronizingGit

Always gets me walking round Cambridge, million pound houses with rotting window frames, sagging roofs or similar. Often a nice motor parked outside, so can't be all assets no cash. 

Compare to the US where all these HOAs insist on perfectly tended lawns...

Archived