Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Drive by Wire FFS


23rdian
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, got a car that's not worth a lot but it's got fuck all wrong with it apart from it's throwing a code to do with the drive by wire throttle. Which then limits the revs to 2k (not enough to do more than 15-20mph)

If it had a throttle cable it would be simple fix but so far I have changed the throttle body with throttle position sensors out for another, checked the relay, checked for a bad ground and it still persists.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Cleaning/bypassing the EGR was next on the list. But this goes straight into the inlet manifold as far as I can tell?

Edited by 23rdian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sensor faults can cause it to go into limp mode. MAF sensor, engine temperature sensor, boost pressure sensor, O2 sensor, throttle position sensor, etc.

Most common cause I've ever come across is a faulty battery !

Make and model?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Might need recalibration or some procedure / time to accept new throttle body, what make/model, error code. Got anything that can read and relay actual throttle output?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Sensor faults can cause it to go into limp mode. MAF sensor, engine temperature sensor, boost pressure sensor, O2 sensor, throttle position sensor, etc.

Most common cause I've ever come across is a faulty battery !

Make and model?

Brand new battery on it. Could try charging it I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Might need recalibration or some procedure / time to accept new throttle body, what make/model, error code. Got anything that can read and relay actual throttle output?

Tried the stupidly complicated recalibration procedure with no difference. But error points to the TPS sensors in the throttle body. But those have been changed over. 

It's a Nissan Almera

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 23rdian said:

Brand new battery on it. Could try charging it I suppose.

If it's a BMW mini the alternator.

As an aside I was reading a Jaguar S type manual recently, that recommends a new battery be fitted every two years !

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Tried the stupidly complicated recalibration procedure with no difference. But error points to the TPS sensors in the throttle body. But those have been changed over. 

It's a Nissan Almera

Throttle pedal sensor, throttle body motor, damaged wiring (try moving the looms a bit, they wear due to friction with the body) or catalytic converter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Throttle pedal sensor, throttle body motor, damaged wiring (try moving the looms a bit, they wear due to friction with the body) or catalytic converter.

Thought could be the wiring. Idle has always been sub par so that's why I was gonna do EGR. Fault code actually points to the unit under the bonnet though. Could cat actually cause it? 

Thanks for feedback so far btw. It seems a shame it could get scrapped for something as daft as this.

Edited by 23rdian
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...