• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Suggestions for this site !

Definitely be interested in hearing your suggestions about what to change/stop/add to this site in terms of features. There are a few ideas I've had - mainly things that have annoyed me no end - when using this software on other sites, namely the 'Notification' settings. Useful when it works but the constant annoyance of being badgered about signing up to notifications in every thread I find really bloody annoying... Anyone else??   Gah

Maybe keep a swear filter? not a popular view i know but if there are expletives all over the place it may not attract and retain new users? can still use the odd ****'s and people get the gist? 

But if truly free posting then ok that was the idea. 

Maybe one generic terrorist attack thread instead of, as we ended up doing on HPC, starting a new thread for every terrorist attack?

Sometimes the first page on HPC Off-topic read like a long list of different terrorist attacks. Then again, perhaps it should be that way so as not to diminish each attack? I have not really thought this through but just thought that I would throw it out there to see what others think about it.

As opposed to providing a commentary about attacks, perhaps we can discuss a mechanism for dealing with & preventing attacks?

The narrative from our leaders and betters is that we should 'tolerate' these attacks until the attackers realise our moral superiority and renounce violence. 

The alternative appears to be to deport everyone who arrived after Ragnar Lothbrookson in the 9th century.

Is there a happy medium, I think so, but I'm foreign......

30 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

So far the only filter I've put in place is changing "R o P" to Religion Of Peace automatically. 

So that means I can say fuck wank shit cock fanny piss-flaps bastard bollocks then...?

EDIT: Seems that I can. ;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

On a purely self-interested note, I will be soon faced with the decision as to invite my grown up daughters to live and work in Asia. Most of the decision is based on what the future of UK holds for them. 

A thread to follow that deals with the experience of people affected by immigration, whether it be pressure on housing or public services on one hand, or an ensuing Mad Max terror outcome at the other extreme would be great for me.

When HPC started it was predominantly men who populated the forums. Later on some lady posters joined and several of them became very important part of our family in HPC Off-topic. I hope they will post on here also.

Perhaps, if we start any mamouth thread on internet dating, we make the thread title more generic than the one on HPC to be more inclusive of the problems faced by both genders - i.e. not one where people can accuse us of being misogynists. The DOSOB thread on HPC did evolve from the original aim of the thread to include views from both genders about the issues of dating and relationships

Just throwing it out there.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

When HPC started it was predominantly men who populated the forums. Later on some lady posters joined and several of them became very important part of our family in HPC Off-topic. I hope they will post on here also.

Perhaps, if we start any mamouth thread on internet dating, we make the thread title more generic than the one on HPC to be more inclusive of the problems faced by both genders - i.e. not one where people can accuse us of being misogynists. The DOSOB thread on HPC did evolve from the original aim of the thread to include views from both genders about the issues of dating and relationships

Just throwing it out there.

I'd like this to be welcoming like OT was, without the random thread deletion because someone didn't like someone elses viewpoint. 

Just now, WorkingPoor said:

I'd like this to be welcoming like OT was, without the random thread deletion because someone didn't like someone elses viewpoint. 

I feel really p*ssed about the deletion of those two threads.

I have decided to bottle my feelings on it for a few days while I formulate my feelings. But mainly because I have such strong emotions at the moment about censorship, freedom of speech and, most importantly, that those deletions are actually achieving the slow drip, drip, drip destruction of free speech in the UK that the islamists actually want.

I will post more about my feelings on this, on here, in a few days time.

49 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I feel really p*ssed about the deletion of those two threads.

I have decided to bottle my feelings on it for a few days while I formulate my feelings. But mainly because I have such strong emotions at the moment about censorship, freedom of speech and, most importantly, that those deletions are actually achieving the slow drip, drip, drip destruction of free speech in the UK that the islamists actually want.

I will post more about my feelings on this, on here, in a few days time.

TMT - this is exactly the point I was getting at in my rambling opener.

Well put!

I'd quite like a Readers Wives section.  Preferably 80s style wives with a decent amount of bush.  None of this modern day pouting, selfie-taking, clean-shaven bollocks.

2 minutes ago, The Prick said:

I'd quite like a Readers Wives section.  Preferably 80s style wives with a decent amount of bush.  None of this modern day pouting, selfie-taking, clean-shaven bollocks.

www.islamicbrides.com

7 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Maybe one generic terrorist attack thread instead of, as we ended up doing on HPC, starting a new thread for every terrorist attack?

Sometimes the first page on HPC Off-topic read like a long list of different terrorist attacks. Then again, perhaps it should be that way so as not to diminish each attack? I have not really thought this through but just thought that I would throw it out there to see what others think about it.

Start the Islamification of Europe thread off and then get it pinned. 

49 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

No bloody adverts that (when viewed on a smartphone) make the page bloody enormous. ^_^sorry was this suggestions or hpc gripes? :$

There shouldn't be any adverts at all - are you seeing them? I won't run ads on this site, if anything if it does become something that costs a lot to run I'll start a shop like Breitbart (for example) or  politely ask for donations or something. BTW, thanks to all those who have offered to support it so far, I'll make an announcement on that shortly.

As I hinted at on The Other Site, the running costs of an online forum in 2017 are tiny, a few hundred quid a year at absolute most. In terms of a company spend that's tiny - FUBAR (lol) have a couple of million quid listed as 'cash at bank' IIRC on companycheck.co.uk, it's easy to fix those problems. It was suffering from chronic underinvestment in terms of the technology used - again I can write at length about this if anyone wants me to, although I assume not as I'm often told it's "BORING".

That's why I don't really understand the response their by the ominously-named The Moderators, unless s/he is suggesting Google will pull FUBAR's entire AdSense account because of 0.0001% the content on one of their sites, which they generally don't do. Who knows though, they may already have had warnings from Google etc. 

Also, whilst I have a strong dislike and distrust of Google (which I can bore you all to do with if you want), it isn't actually them pulling the strings here, it's their advertisers and conglomerates. Starbucks and Pepsi can pull their ads temporarily and -in their eyes - get a huge PR boost from acting in a superficially morally and correct way. The advertising schmucks that work for them know their companies have huge image issues with social responsibility etc, so it's an easy thing to do to try to boost that up , as it grabs headlines when they do pull their ads. Makes a change from clubbing baby seals or avoiding $5bn in tax :)

8 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Or, a separate part off the forum, as off topic is on t'other site for terrorist related incidents?

7 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

So that means I can say fuck wank shit cock fanny piss-flaps bastard bollocks then...?

EDIT: Seems that I can. ;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

xD

Ooh, that was different.

i got a pop up saying your replies have been merged.  Not sure how that will work but will give it a go.

one thing I really like is the lightening speed the site works at.  Did not realise how laggy and slow hpc was.

another thing to think about is whether if the site builds in membership whether it is kept open so that anyone can join or whether to go down a Masonic like route