DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

(Combi) Gas shower or electric shower. Which is better

Gin

Question

4 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Gin said:

Water pressure is good.

We are having a 30 kw combi installed and our gas fitter who I trust swears by gas showers using the combi boiler.

I`m not sure .

It's what I'm doing right now.  You need to ensure you get a compatible shower unit though that regulates the temperature versus water pressure (volume?).  It went for it for simplicity, resilience if the leccy goes down (battery backup for the boiler), etc but also because the (oil) combi has a small hot water storage tank which should be sufficient.

Edited by Harley

1 minute ago, Harley said:

It's what I'm doing right now.  You need to ensure you get a compatible shower unit though that regulates the temperature versus water pressure.  It went for it for simplicity, resilience if the leccy goes down (battery backup for the boiler), etc but also because the (oil) combi has a small hot water storage tank which should be sufficient.

Same here with the inverter for the boiler in case of electricity outage.

Yes I have asked the guy who is putting a new gas combi in for a cost of shower with a sensitive thermosat then realised it should be the plumber I am asking .;)

Kurt Barlow
On 12/01/2022 at 20:45, Gin said:

Water pressure is good.

We are having a 30 kw combi installed and our gas fitter who I trust swears by gas showers using the combi boiler.

I`m not sure .

If your water pressure good go with the combi. The highest power electrics are 10.6KW. Your boiler will give you almost 3x that. 

• Informative 1

Bobthebuilder

The size of the shower head makes a big difference. The larger the head, the more flow rate it requires to give a powerful flow. A smaller size shower head will give best results. Those ones that are the size of a dustbin lid that became popular a decade ago are no good for a combi with 12 litres per minute flow rate.

Use the combi with a smaller shower head basically.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1