• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

SNACR

DOSBODS Top Tips Thread

Never buy anything new if you can buy it secondhand,

Never buy anything secondhand if you can borrow it,

Never borrow anything you don't need.

Edited by Hopeful

When shaving in the mirror, to avoid it steaming up, wipe a small dab of shaving foam/gel over an area of the mirror before you start. It stops it steaming over so quick.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

When shaving in the mirror, to avoid it steaming up, wipe a small dab of shaving foam/gel over an area of the mirror before you start. It stops it steaming over so quick.

Top tip: Save foam and learn how to shave without needing a mirror.

Just now, Hopeful said:

Top tip: Save foam and learn how to shave without needing a mirror.

It's not my fault I've got such a manly, chiselled chin that I need a mirror to shave the angles properly.

derek-zoolander-thumb.jpg

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The thread is open for @MrPin; published Top Tipper of Viz fame.

Yes Frank. I did it for a bet. I thought Viz wisdom was made up, and they wouldn't publish mine. My fellow bettee, also had one printed

Before handing a note to the cashier remember the last three digits. I have been short-changed a few times when handing over a £20 note. It's like being a magician when they check and see the three digits match. Even then I have had some morons look at me as if I'm scamming them!

Tin-foil hatters: Avoid potential ridicule from your friends and family by making many varied and practical tin-foil items that protect areas other than the skull from imaginary and delusional threats...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

31 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Before handing a note to the cashier remember the last three digits. I have been short-changed a few times when handing over a £20 note. It's like being a magician when they check and see the three digits match. Even then I have had some morons look at me as if I'm scamming them!

write your name on them

1 hour ago, OurDayWillCome said:

If I get notes in my change I always make a big show of holding them up to the light etc. If the cashier has one of those pens I sometimes ask to borrow it.

Mind, I am a right tosser.

Morbidity obese people, always ostentatiously eat a salad for lunch in the staff break room to make sure that no-one thinks you're living off a diet of Gregg's pies and utterly bitterly eaten from the tub.

5 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Ladies - avoid the embarrassment and procrastination of getting on "farting terms" with your new boyfriend by simply shitting his bed on the first date...

XYY

Women: leave for work earlier in the morning. That way, men can be spared the spectacle of watching you running for a train.

9 hours ago, eight said:

If I get notes in my change I always make a big show of holding them up to the light etc. If the cashier has one of those pens I sometimes ask to borrow it.

Mind, I am a right tosser.

Good idea - I might start carrying my own pen rather than having to ask 😁