DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The great rotation

Libspero

There is speculation among gold bugs and defensive stock holders that a shift is coming,  a rotation out of speculative and growth investments..  and into gold and defensive value stocks. 

Peter Schiff talks about this quite extensively in his latest podcast:

It's a bit long, and Peter does talk his book quite a lot..  forever the stopped clock..  but there is a certain lucidity to his reasoning that reminds me of his predictions of the GFC. 

Anyone else expecting or planning around this? 

Apologies if this has already been discussed in depth on "the long thread"..  Admittedly,  I've not really been following it. 

Bobthebuilder
On 16/01/2022 at 11:36, Libspero said:

Anyone else expecting or planning around this? 

Apologies if this has already been discussed in depth on "the long thread"..  Admittedly,  I've not really been following it. 

I stopped listening at the 18-minute mark when he started selling his apps etc.

Roughly yes, from what I heard in those 18 minutes. All the things we have been chatting about for two years or more on the deflation thread.

You should join in. Some incredible level of posting on that thread (excluding me of course), a massive hive mind that benefits from everyone's input. Also spreads to other parts of the forum.

I would like to believe the sector rotation has started to gain traction. I cannot believe how well my portfolio has performed since the new year, never seen anything like it in my investing life before.

34 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

You should join in. Some incredible level of posting on that thread (excluding me of course), a massive hive mind that benefits from everyone's input. Also spreads to other parts of the forum.

I would,  but it’s 3 parts at 300 odd pages each..  O.o

When I dip in it’s usually chit chat and specific stock discussions.  I’m more into macros than stock picking,  but I’ll give it a try for a while.

Don’t blame you for zoning out on the Schiff link..  I should have put a time stamp into it.  He does tend to waffle a lot.  In the second half he talks a lot about oil stocks etc which reminded me of what I’d read in the long thread a while back.

3 hours ago, Libspero said:

I would,  but it’s 3 parts at 300 odd pages each..  O.o

When I dip in it’s usually chit chat and specific stock discussions.  I’m more into macros than stock picking,  but I’ll give it a try for a while.

Don’t blame you for zoning out on the Schiff link..  I should have put a time stamp into it.  He does tend to waffle a lot.  In the second half he talks a lot about oil stocks etc which reminded me of what I’d read in the long thread a while back.

Just jump to the latest post and start reading backwards that's what I do.

Archived