DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Fat to Fit

steppensheep

steppensheep

This appeared in my recommendations. Thought it might be interesting to have a thread for people who have recorded their transformation.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

I saw that, I've been doing Adrienne's 30 day yoga since new year, I can feel the difference already, and many little niggles I had from running have gone. 

I don't like all the spiritual, "love yourself" bollocks that seems to go with it, but I can't deny the benefits, recommend it.

I'll try to keep the habit up after the 30 days.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, snaga said:

I saw that, I've been doing Adrienne's 30 day yoga since new year, I can feel the difference already, and many little niggles I had from running have gone. 

I don't like all the spiritual, "love yourself" bollocks that seems to go with it, but I can't deny the benefits, recommend it.

I'll try to keep the habit up after the 30 days.

I've not done yoga for ages but I still do many of the positions as part of my stretching. 

It makes a huge difference imo. 

I like the slower type of "long" yoga.

Lots of lying and easing into things for a few minutes. 

I get the point of the more vigorous stuff but fuck that I do other stuff to sweat. 

Have you been to an actual class ? Well worth it imo. You are likely doing things slightly "wrong" that a teacher in person will tell you if they're good. 

And there are other visual benefits of yoga classes of course. :ph34r:

• Cheers 1

I've never been to a class, and unlikely to. Mostly because of time, I can usually find 20-30 mins in a day to follow youtube, but going to a class would (with travel) probably take 60-90mins out of my day.

If I start getting more serious, then I'll reconsider, but running is my priority atm

Edited by snaga
  • Informative 1

steppensheep

I did yoga for a while a few years back, when I used to spend a few months at a time at my mum's going slightly mental. Used to be a really relaxing way of killing an hour. Now I just do a few minutes of one legged balancing most days, which is useful, but I'd really like make a habit of it again.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, ccc said:

I get the point of the more vigorous stuff but fuck that I do other stuff to sweat. 

Snorting various powders is not a replacement for healthy living...

Stretching is pointless and counter productive. The only people I see doing it are the too-small-shorts Mr Muscle limp wristed cunts....

2 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Snorting various powders is not a replacement for healthy living...

Stretching is pointless and counter productive. The only people I see doing it are the too-small-shorts Mr Muscle limp wristed cunts....

Stretching is fantastic :Old:

It's quite the thing for those Rugby League people you like. Even they love it. 

All sports really. 

Join the gang. Downward face that dog !!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ccc said:

Stretching is fantastic :Old:

It's quite the thing for those Rugby League people you like. Even they love it. 

All sports really. 

Join the gang. Downward face that dog !!

They are poofs too. Just like you but a bit stronger...

• Lol 2

On 22/01/2022 at 00:07, steppensheep said:

This appeared in my recommendations. Thought it might be interesting to have a thread for people who have recorded their transformation.

I'm not interested in watching a bloke do yoga xD, but presume he didn't burn all the fat off just doing yoga so bullshit video title bollocks?

steppensheep
1 hour ago, BoSon said:

I'm not interested in watching a bloke do yoga xD, but presume he didn't burn all the fat off just doing yoga so bullshit video title bollocks?

I honestly forgot to say, I didn't mean as an instructional video, just as a positive example. Adrienne is much more pleasing to follow (in a girl next door way).

(I think he did fasting as well.)

Edited by steppensheep
  • Cheers 1

steppensheep

I also thought it interesting how his appearance changed so much from getting rid of that stupid nerd beard to being a reasonably good looking bloke (albeit, a bit gay)

1 hour ago, dev.null said:

I was looking on youtube for an instructional video to help with tight hamstrings ...

And that's this thread fucked now.

camel toe yoga?

we eat too much.....try eating within a 6 hour window only and give your body an 18 hour rest.....

consumer society has taught your body to be a useless fat shite :P so do a bit of re-education :)

right I've finished eating for today....I had a special biscuit this morning and it made me love everything!!!

• Bogged 1

2 hours ago, nirvana said:

right I've finished eating for today....I had a special biscuit this morning and it made me love everything!!!

i lied, I got the munchies and had to have a dirty bacon sarnie lol

1 hour ago, nirvana said:

i lied, I got the munchies and had to have a dirty bacon sarnie lol

It's ok, not your fault: "consumer society has taught your body to be a useless fat shite".

Me?  I'm SELF taught O.o:D

• Bogged 1

The XYY Man
On 25/01/2022 at 16:07, Stuey said:

@The XMAS Man has been putting in some hard sessions...

Only down the pub and the off licence.

The only visits I have ever made to a gym were during a brief period in the mid-1990s when I was employed a mobile vending-machine engineer. Biggest fucking freak shows on Earth them places are mind.

Most of the cunts would've needed a shot of 'roids to lift my tool case from the back of the car...

XMAS

• Lol 1

I’ve graduated from fat to fit over the past 25+ years. The worst overweight time, short thankfully, was 2stone over ideal.

It happened slowly. Divorce with young children and father not interested causing general worries. Lost weight. 

Since then I became very interested in natural health…..stuff like what is good to put in my body etc.

I’ve always liked walking but in the past time limited due to circumstances.

Maybe partly due to approaching mid 60’s and reduced appetite but due to experimenting with one meal a day, limiting eating time daily and reducing carbohydrates along with sugar I’ve been very stable in an ideal weight for about ten years now. Walk miles most days now due to freedom of how to spend my time and I’m pretty sure that’s helped.

It’s a personal journey to work out how to maintain an ideal weight and what to eat to provide “good” fuel for one’s body. I’ve no idea what is good fuel for the body, I don’t really know, does anyone? 

What’s worked for me is mainly eating home cooked meat/fish and three veg old fashioned type meals plus curry etc with a few no meat meals in addition. I eat very little sugar or carbs, only use natural fats and avoid processed food as much as possible.

Having experienced being 2 stone overweight and the discomfort I never want to be there again. As mentioned previously on the forum I have a morbidly obese sibling…around 30 stone in my estimation possibly more. Doesn’t bother the person apparently but I can’t understand why not. 

It is a hard road to negotiate and personally find a way to be as healthy as possible and an ideal weight because there is so much info out there.

• Agree 2