• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

tonight Matthew I'm going to be...

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

When you see that level of self mutilation you have a deeply unhappy person who thinks she can change how she feels inside by changing how she looks outside.

It doesn't work though she will keep trying for the rest of her short and unhappy life.

She reminds me of Lolo Ferrari, who was frequently on Eurotrash showing off her ludicrously large plastic tits and went on to commit suicide at 37.

These people need a long course of psychiatric treatment to treat the real problem rather than a surgeon to tinker with externals.

and then you walk into the whole trans scene where hinting they might be nuts ....

Me? Im holding out for my species realignment operation - releasing my inner seahorse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

and then you walk into the whole trans scene where hinting they might be nuts ....

Me? Im holding out for my species realignment operation - releasing my inner seahorse.

 

I think a lot of them do have that problem.

Then you get some like Quentin Crisp where he said if he could have had the surgery he would have quietly and happily gone off to run a corner shop and no-one would have heard of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

and then you walk into the whole trans scene where hinting they might be nuts ....

Me? Im holding out for my species realignment operation - releasing my inner seahorse.

 

Reading the thread title I thought this was going to be about the women-only college at Cambridge that has decided to allow MtF trans residents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

When you see that level of self mutilation you have a deeply unhappy person who thinks she can change how she feels inside by changing how she looks outside.

It doesn't work though she will keep trying for the rest of her short and unhappy life.

She reminds me of Lolo Ferrari, who was frequently on Eurotrash showing off her ludicrously large plastic tits and went on to commit suicide at 37.

These people need a long course of psychiatric treatment to treat the real problem rather than a surgeon to tinker with externals.

Frank! Lolo wasn't normal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely this is symptomatic of the declining status of the white race (didn't mean to go all Klu Klux Klan btw). Historically people tried to be as pale as possible to be perceived as higher caste (Asian field workers wore balaclavas to reduce any pigmentation of their skin when they went home, mulatto kids being seen as more attractive, Michael Jackson etc). Suddenly we have people trying to become 'ethnic'. Surely these are the 'early adopters' that have seen the writing on the wall for us pale skinned people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Surely this is symptomatic of the declining status of the white race (didn't mean to go all Klu Klux Klan btw). Historically people tried to be as pale as possible to be perceived as higher caste (Asian field workers wore balaclavas to reduce any pigmentation of their skin when they went home, mulatto kids being seen as more attractive, Michael Jackson etc). Suddenly we have people trying to become 'ethnic'. Surely these are the 'early adopters' that have seen the writing on the wall for us pale skinned people. 

Nah.  It's a phase.

In the 90s southern kids were affecting fake manc accents like Oasis (see Kevin and Perry) and since there has been no massively successful white rock band to follow Guns and Roses so rap and similar, which is very much MOBO, has become the cool music and black pop stars the coolest.  We all may find Kanye West and Puff Diddy to be ludicrous prats but when you are fourteen you probbaly think they are really cool and hence being black becomes cool.

Once there is the much-anticpated Wurzels revival then I will make a fortune from marketing red neckerchiefs and brown waistcoats and be amused by northern muslims attempting to correctly pronounce "Ooh Arrh".

Until that glorious day here is Adge and the boys showing the world what true entertainment is:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Adge Cutler? What happened to him? Did the Wurzels dump him in a vat of cider?

Sadly died young when he crashed his sports car late one night in the IIRC early 70s.

Following his death, he wrote all the songs and put the band together, the remaining band turned into a comedy outfit and had far more success by just changing the lyrics to existing popular songs.

I still enjoy them, and The Cornish Wurzels who do their songs, but really it was a one man band and it effectively died when Adge died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Sadly died young when he crashed his sports car late one night in the IIRC early 70s.

Following his death, he wrote all the songs and put the band together, the remaining band turned into a comedy outfit and had far more success by just changing the lyrics to existing popular songs.

I still enjoy them, and The Cornish Wurzels who do their songs, but really it was a one man band and it effectively died when Adge died.

 

So who wrote "I've got a brand new combine harvester."?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

it was "I've got a brand new pair of roller skates" by some US female singer and they changed they words.

 

Of course it was. So they were the musical French & Saunders - but did comedy versions of other people's songs as opposed to comedy versions of films?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Of course it was. So they were the musical French & Saunders - but did comedy versions of other people's songs as opposed to comedy versions of films?

Yes, which I enjoyed but without a songwriter they were basically the West Country Grumbleweeds; amusingly changing the lyrics to other people's songs.

The last "new" song I heard from them was "Ruby"; a straight cover of the Kaiser Chiefs.  Now I like it but there is a very clear line to be drawn between Adge Cutler and the Wurzels and the post-Adge Wurzels.

It was a shame Adge didn't get the success.  I know it's not "great music" but it is great entertainment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.