• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JoeDavola

DOSBODS Island; also known as 'Ireland'

+ Cheap! Big! Fancy! 

- Needing work. In the EU.

If I was a single man I would be tempted with something like this, 4/5/6 people chipping in for all the bills and having a house like that. Would be fine for a while as it is with the trippy carpets but could be really nice if you did it up. 

I just realised its in Northern Ireland so, well, still in the EU for now. 

19 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

5 bedrooms, 4 reception rooms, and a pool...

6 of could chip in, buy it cash and retire to the Norn Irish countryside....who's with me!?

https://www.propertynews.com/Property/Maghera/BCMPNC0056/8-Drumconready-Road/

Wait, five bedrooms but you want 6 people to chip in?

Who's sharing with who Joe?

26 minutes ago, One percent said:

Neither look defendable. No good for the forthcoming apocalypse. 

The 2nd one has 9 extra acres available, could be made defendable but I think an actual island is best. Craggy Island would be good, they take the roads in when it rains.

Just now, Dipsy said:

The 2nd one has 9 extra acres available, could be made defendable but I think an actual island is best. Craggy Island would be good, they take the roads in when it rains.

xD I did wonder for a moment whether the house was Father Ted's on craggy island after a makeover. xD

48 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Wait, five bedrooms but you want 6 people to chip in?

Who's sharing with who Joe?

5 beds, 4 receptions...we can use one of the receptions as a bedroom and have 3 left over.

Works out at under 50 grand per DOSBODDER...

15 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

5 beds, 4 receptions...we can use one of the receptions as a bedroom and have 3 left over.

Works out at under 50 grand per DOSBODDER...

Ah, I see, sounds a good plan. Live mortgage and rent free in a massive house with a swimming pool for £50k. 

Ideas like this but for older folk I think are a good idea, much cheaper than some retirement home.

5 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Ah, I see, sounds a good plan. Live mortgage and rent free in a massive house with a swimming pool for £50k. 

Ideas like this but for older folk I think are a good idea, much cheaper than some retirement home.

Us lot at retirement age? Like a collection of even-grumpier Steptoes with a couple of mad old ladies thrown in? 

I guess it might be more interesting than the average retirement home, but a bit tough on the staff, there would have to be robots!

Edit :- But thinking about it, if a large shared property was owned by the inhabitants of a retirement home, their part being sold onto the next as they died/moved out, it would probably be a damned sight cheaper than the real thing...

Edited by swissy_fit

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Neither look defendable. No good for the forthcoming apocalypse. 

Anyone any experience building moats, curtain walls , bunkers or air defence systems ? 

12 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

:) Not if Cunning Plan and BossyBabe have greyhounds - bad idea!

That may prove a problem for the female cat, the male one is the size of a small elephant and has seen off dogs before, alternatively he will have to become tree dwelling!

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

5 bedrooms, 4 reception rooms, and a pool...

6 of could chip in, buy it cash and retire to the Norn Irish countryside....who's with me!?

https://www.propertynews.com/Property/Maghera/BCMPNC0056/8-Drumconready-Road/

For feck sake Joe the whole of Ireland is shite!!!

Wimmin are EVIL there by your own testinomy?

The fuckin place is ran over with religious nutters, foreigners (according to MonteC) or man haters...looks at Joe

FFS everyone its an ultimate shite hole!!!!!

plans peaceful retirement there

There's a bathroom just off the kitchen with a double-wide arched opening and no door.

And a Justin Beiber poster on the bedroom wall. 

:ph34r:

Given that dogs and cats don't mix that well unless they have the same owner when it sometimes works, there will have to be three Dosbodders retirement homes, one for the Deluded Cat Owners,  one for the people that like their pets to have some kind of feeling for them, and the other for those who can't stand pets at all.

19 minutes ago, QP1 said:

There's a bathroom just off the kitchen with a double-wide arched opening and no door.

And a Justin Beiber poster on the bedroom wall. 

:ph34r:

What? 

:Sick1:

I don't mean the Bieber poster but the bathroom off the kitchen? with no door?!!

26 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Oooh, could we get a ha-ha? I've always wanted one.

As long as it has some land mines (that will really keep the sheep off the lawn)

1 hour ago, swissy_fit said:

Us lot at retirement age? Like a collection of even-grumpier Steptoes with a couple of mad old ladies thrown in? 

I guess it might be more interesting than the average retirement home, but a bit tough on the staff, there would have to be robots!

Edit :- But thinking about it, if a large shared property was owned by the inhabitants of a retirement home, their part being sold onto the next as they died/moved out, it would probably be a damned sight cheaper than the real thing...

Hey! Fuck off with the old. xD:CryBaby:

1 hour ago, Fully Detached said:

Yes, but if one of them has a bidet, that's got to be worth a look, surely?

Good for washing feet and wellies.