• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JoeDavola

DOSBODS Island; also known as 'Ireland'

Recommended Posts

+ Cheap! Big! Fancy! 

- Needing work. In the EU.

 

If I was a single man I would be tempted with something like this, 4/5/6 people chipping in for all the bills and having a house like that. Would be fine for a while as it is with the trippy carpets but could be really nice if you did it up. 

I just realised its in Northern Ireland so, well, still in the EU for now. 

19 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

5 bedrooms, 4 reception rooms, and a pool...

6 of could chip in, buy it cash and retire to the Norn Irish countryside....who's with me!?

https://www.propertynews.com/Property/Maghera/BCMPNC0056/8-Drumconready-Road/

Wait, five bedrooms but you want 6 people to chip in?

Who's sharing with who Joe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, One percent said:

Neither look defendable. No good for the forthcoming apocalypse. 

The 2nd one has 9 extra acres available, could be made defendable but I think an actual island is best. Craggy Island would be good, they take the roads in when it rains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dipsy said:

The 2nd one has 9 extra acres available, could be made defendable but I think an actual island is best. Craggy Island would be good, they take the roads in when it rains.

xD I did wonder for a moment whether the house was Father Ted's on craggy island after a makeover. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Wait, five bedrooms but you want 6 people to chip in?

Who's sharing with who Joe?

5 beds, 4 receptions...we can use one of the receptions as a bedroom and have 3 left over.

Works out at under 50 grand per DOSBODDER...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

5 beds, 4 receptions...we can use one of the receptions as a bedroom and have 3 left over.

Works out at under 50 grand per DOSBODDER...

Ah, I see, sounds a good plan. Live mortgage and rent free in a massive house with a swimming pool for £50k. 

Ideas like this but for older folk I think are a good idea, much cheaper than some retirement home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Ah, I see, sounds a good plan. Live mortgage and rent free in a massive house with a swimming pool for £50k. 

Ideas like this but for older folk I think are a good idea, much cheaper than some retirement home.

Us lot at retirement age? Like a collection of even-grumpier Steptoes with a couple of mad old ladies thrown in? 

I guess it might be more interesting than the average retirement home, but a bit tough on the staff, there would have to be robots!

Edit :- But thinking about it, if a large shared property was owned by the inhabitants of a retirement home, their part being sold onto the next as they died/moved out, it would probably be a damned sight cheaper than the real thing...

 

Edited by swissy_fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Neither look defendable. No good for the forthcoming apocalypse. 

Anyone any experience building moats, curtain walls , bunkers or air defence systems ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

:) Not if Cunning Plan and BossyBabe have greyhounds - bad idea!

That may prove a problem for the female cat, the male one is the size of a small elephant and has seen off dogs before, alternatively he will have to become tree dwelling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

5 bedrooms, 4 reception rooms, and a pool...

6 of could chip in, buy it cash and retire to the Norn Irish countryside....who's with me!?

https://www.propertynews.com/Property/Maghera/BCMPNC0056/8-Drumconready-Road/

For feck sake Joe the whole of Ireland is shite!!!

Wimmin are EVIL there by your own testinomy?

The fuckin place is ran over with religious nutters, foreigners (according to MonteC) or man haters...looks at Joe

FFS everyone its an ultimate shite hole!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

plans peaceful retirement there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a bathroom just off the kitchen with a double-wide arched opening and no door.

And a Justin Beiber poster on the bedroom wall. 

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that dogs and cats don't mix that well unless they have the same owner when it sometimes works, there will have to be three Dosbodders retirement homes, one for the Deluded Cat Owners,  one for the people that like their pets to have some kind of feeling for them, and the other for those who can't stand pets at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, QP1 said:

There's a bathroom just off the kitchen with a double-wide arched opening and no door.

And a Justin Beiber poster on the bedroom wall. 

:ph34r:

What? 

:Sick1:

 

I don't mean the Bieber poster but the bathroom off the kitchen? with no door?!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Oooh, could we get a ha-ha? I've always wanted one.

As long as it has some land mines (that will really keep the sheep off the lawn)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swissy_fit said:

Us lot at retirement age? Like a collection of even-grumpier Steptoes with a couple of mad old ladies thrown in? 

I guess it might be more interesting than the average retirement home, but a bit tough on the staff, there would have to be robots!

Edit :- But thinking about it, if a large shared property was owned by the inhabitants of a retirement home, their part being sold onto the next as they died/moved out, it would probably be a damned sight cheaper than the real thing...

 

Hey! Fuck off with the old. xD:CryBaby:

1 hour ago, Fully Detached said:

Yes, but if one of them has a bidet, that's got to be worth a look, surely?

Good for washing feet and wellies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.