• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

No more casting couch.

2 hours ago, GBDamo said:

I think the backlash to this crankathon is gathering pace.

There's this 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/01/louis-ck-abusers-victims-metoo

No comments as usual but I think we'll see more of these soft targets swing hard right and go on the attack mainly as there is an audience waiting and willing to pay.

I am considering putting a block on the Guardian website to prevent me clicking on a link by mistake, as here. Their "articles" (which is dignifying the utter shite with a label they don't deserve) make me feel tired, it's beyond me how anyone can read them.

6 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I am considering putting a block on the Guardian website to prevent me clicking on a link by mistake, as here. Their "articles" (which is dignifying the utter shite with a label they don't deserve) make me feel tired, it's beyond me how anyone can read them.

Know thine enemy. To fight them you first need to know them, to know them you need to become them.

Alright the last bit is a bit too far but the comments section is always rewarding.

Very rarely read the 'artivles' though.

Northern Ireland film director accused of sex assault 'totally Harvey Weinstein,' court hears
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/northern-ireland-film-director-accused-of-sex-assault-totally-harvey-weinstein-court-hears-37785337.html

Not sure if we can comment on this - best not to until the case is over - one to watch though.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

On 02/01/2019 at 13:29, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I have ceased to provide links to their articles even if they are the source of a particular piece of information because I so despise them.

Following the release of Dragon Ball Super: Broly, which prominently features Mignogna's vocal work, accusations of sexual harassmentbegan to surface against Mignogna, with some allegations dating as far back as 2008.[26][27] Numerous accounts alleged that Mignogna kissed, groped, and made flirtatious comments to fans without their consent, some of whom were underage.[26][27][28]Following the allegations, on February 5, 2019, Rooster Teeth, creators of the animated series RWBY, severed their business relationship with Mignogna.[28] The same day, Funimationrecast Mignogna's role of the Executive in The Morose Mononokean.[29] In response to the controversy, Mignogna canceled numerous scheduled appearances at anime conventions and categorically denied any accusations of sexual harassment.[30][28]

Numerous voice actors who had worked alongside Mignogna voiced their support for those speaking out, with some contributing anecdotes of their own personal experiences with Mignogna.[31]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Mignogna

MV5BMTBlYWFkNTctMWNjYi00MjdkLTgwODEtN2Vm

His career seems to have been destroyed in a matter of days over the above allegations. Interesting article below:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-30/far-from-perfect-fans-recount-unwanted-affection-from-voice-actor-vic-mignogna/.142212

There appears to be no evidence against Vic Mignogna - see above as Kirk - with the accusations against appearing to have been a mix of personal and professional jealousy / rivalry.

But he has gone through hell. Has lost work and his reputation called into question for the entire Sci Fi and Anime world community to see. One more groundless witch hunt that can destroy a man.

There’s rumour they might be forcing some of the more mature men next door onto a dementia unit which I would hate so I’ve told there nurse I’m going to try and fuck every woman on there and if needed I’d happily pay has my company won’t allow you to work together she knows I’m not kidding I could also show her this pic and ask her if she could guess which one of her staff it is if push comes to shove 

0712693C-DDB4-42C1-8742-B40845CD77AC.png

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Placido Domingo. 

Eight women claim things going back 30 years. Already his concerts are being cancelled by venues.

Guilty by allegation alone it seems.

It's all a bit "I slept with XXXX for the job and I got the job" so that equals "I had to sleep with XXXX for the job."

No love. I drove to work this morning doesn't equal my boss made me drink drive. ;)