Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Gove going after the LLs


Boglet

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Boglet said:

Scary minimum standards! Landlord register!

Aaarrgggh!

TOS favourite Ros Beck gets a mention at the end too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy-to-let/landlords-hit-15000-bills-levelling-plans/

Hasnt that mad witch sold up yet, she truly was a stand out stupid cunt, amongst a gaggle of deluded stupid cunts.

1 hour ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

That's rents going up even more to pay for it.....

innit.;)

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell

https://www.landlordtoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2022/2/section-21-scrapped-and-new-minimum-rental-standards-announced?source=trending


~
To deal with crap landlords they need to provide about 10M new genuinely affordable houses for people to move to.

But that number goes up by about 500 every day due to the boat people coming across the channel.
 

 

Will it include a rise in minimum EPC certificate needed?

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.landlordtoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2022/2/section-21-scrapped-and-new-minimum-rental-standards-announced?source=trending


~
To deal with crap landlords they need to provide about 10M new genuinely affordable houses for people to move to.

But that number goes up by about 500 every day due to the boat people coming across the channel.
 

Will it include a rise in minimum EPC certificate needed?

So what you're saying is, its all fucked beyond repair.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Boglet said:

Scary minimum standards! Landlord register!

Aaarrgggh!

TOS favourite Ros Beck gets a mention at the end too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy-to-let/landlords-hit-15000-bills-levelling-plans/

Listening to him on so called about rebalancing it was almost like listening to Harold Wilson speaking from the grave and reciting one of his speeches as recorded in Hansard and elsewhere some 60 or so years ago mixed up with a touch of Dennis Healey squeezing until the pips squeak.  They regularly wheel out that sort of speech to suit the circumstances - great knockabout stuff and even spoken convincingly yet again but little else.

Local elections are in the pipeline for May of this year of course.

 

Edited by twocents
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
On 02/02/2022 at 14:49, Joncrete Cungle said:

That's rents going up even more to pay for it.....

 

Nah.

That's what BTLers always say but that presupposes that they haven't already been charging the highest rent that the market will bear.

Which they have been.

 

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Democorruptcy

Probably means more will switch to holiday lets and as they will be empty a large part of the year, the under occupancy crisis will get worse. A 100% Capital Gains Tax on the sale of second homes/holiday lets that have been previously used for residential purposes might help, plus a £20 a night empty home tax on them. Taxing the multiple asset owners is levelling up?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
5 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Probably means more will switch to holiday lets and as they will be empty a large part of the year, the under occupancy crisis will get worse. A 100% Capital Gains Tax on the sale of second homes/holiday lets that have been previously used for residential purposes might help, plus a £20 a night empty home tax on them. Taxing the multiple asset owners is levelling up?

Holiday lets are going to be under massive pressure soon, alongside second homes.  Local people have had enough and are beginning to organise.  

  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
55 minutes ago, One percent said:

Holiday lets are going to be under massive pressure soon, alongside second homes.  Local people have had enough and are beginning to organise.  

They are going to be under massive pressure this year as people can go abroad again.

I forecast lots of last minute price slashing.

  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Democorruptcy
51 minutes ago, One percent said:

Holiday lets are going to be under massive pressure soon, alongside second homes.  Local people have had enough and are beginning to organise.  

I've sent my two suggestions to MP's in holiday areas, one reply this week wasn't in the usual robotic style:

Quote

 

Thank you for sharing your ideas with me to resolve the second homes crisis, I'm extremely grateful. 
....
....
I'll make sure I spend some more time looking at your proposals and, once again, I'm very grateful. 

 

 
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
17 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

They are going to be under massive pressure this year as people can go abroad again.

I forecast lots of last minute price slashing.

I’ve noticed an uptick in last minute availability on farcebook the last week or two. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
18 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I've sent my two suggestions to MP's in holiday areas, one reply this week wasn't in the usual robotic style:

 
 

He/ she is being facetious. xD

im a member of a recently set up pressure group.  If we get anywhere with it, I’ll start a new thread.  

  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

Probably means more will switch to holiday lets and as they will be empty a large part of the year, the under occupancy crisis will get worse. A 100% Capital Gains Tax on the sale of second homes/holiday lets that have been previously used for residential purposes might help, plus a £20 a night empty home tax on them. Taxing the multiple asset owners is levelling up?

 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Holiday lets are going to be under massive pressure soon, alongside second homes.  Local people have had enough and are beginning to organise.  

 

19 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

They are going to be under massive pressure this year as people can go abroad again.

I forecast lots of last minute price slashing.

Its both - and probably a few more things ive missed.

Im pretty sure that FHL will be removed from SBRR. Bang! 7k/y tax.

Im also pretty sure theres going to be some LA planning extra regulation - KerPooow!

Id also guess that wont grandfather the planning i.e. if they seel the buyer will need planning - Ooof!

 

besides, l;everagign up for FHL is hard to do. AFAIK only w BS offer FHL mortgages- Leeds n umberland, both of whom I can see getting into trouble.

 

And, yes, I exoect everyone to fuck off to Turkey this year.

Seriously - 

image.thumb.png.fc5ea9ca749308c91817895502660f13.png

People are trying to charge 1500/week to stay in wet rainy town, where food n drink cost ~£100/day for a family of 4.

~2,200 for 7 days of getting pissed on, in all possible meaning.

Just look at these and the reviews - 

https://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/1-49-2-13/all-inclusive-holidays-in-turkey?bestfitdeal170=1

These arent shoddily built donkey barns a la Spain in the 70s;

Even if they at ~80//pp all inc, thats fckign amzing value.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, One percent said:

He/ she is being facetious. xD

im a member of a recently set up pressure group.  If we get anywhere with it, I’ll start a new thread.  

Local are fed up with the noise an chaos and general disorder.

LAs are fed as as FHL pay *NON* tax.

HMRC are fed as FHL pay no tax.

Most of the owners dont live in the LA, so cant even lobby for themselves.

Fucked.

 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/02/2022 at 14:49, Joncrete Cungle said:

That's rents going up even more to pay for it.....

 

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

 

Nah.

That's what BTLers always say but that presupposes that they haven't already been charging the highest rent that the market will bear.

Which they have been.

 

In my recent wlak about I noced quite a lot of empty To Lets.

We are still too far from nromal to go out o na limb but Id suggest that something is happening.

 

IO BTL fuckwittery relied of idiot banks lending, low IRs ~10m EUers poring in and high LHA/TC payments.

Remove one and its fucked.

Remove more than one and its more than fucked.

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Looks like a date for all my private rented homes to be sold by, I have two properties in England and 2 in Wales. At least in Wales s21 will still exist but with 6mth notice and cannot be served in first 6mths so effectively a 12mth tenancy. The thought of not being able to get my property back in order to sell for my retirement because you can't ask the tenants to move on. Looks like I need to reviewy plans. After 5years in tenancy I have asked my tenants if they want to buy the property but all have refused the offer.

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

 

In my recent wlak about I noced quite a lot of empty To Lets.

We are still too far from nromal to go out o na limb but Id suggest that something is happening.

 

IO BTL fuckwittery relied of idiot banks lending, low IRs ~10m EUers poring in and high LHA/TC payments.

Remove one and its fucked.

Remove more than one and its more than fucked.

 

 

 

Looks like a date for all my private rented homes to be sold by, I have two properties in England and 2 in Wales. At least in Wales s21 will still exist but with 6mth notice and cannot be served in first 6mths so effectively a 12mth tenancy. The thought of not being able to get my property back in order to sell for my retirement because you can't ask the tenants to move on. Looks like I need to reviewy plans. After 5years in tenancy I have asked my tenants if they want to buy the property but all have refused the offer.

If you don't know if you want to sell in the next 12 months, you are a gambler, not a long term investor.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Section 21 ‘no fault’ evictions will further be abolished, ending the unfair situation where renters can be kicked out of their homes for no reason.

Fuckwits.

S21 is a polite request to leave. Its not an eviction. They need to go to court for that.

Effectively S21 is null and void and has been since March 2020.

If these morons are rely on S21 to magic away tenants then they are going to get a rude awakening.

 

  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil
On 02/02/2022 at 17:51, sarahbell said:

https://www.landlordtoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2022/2/section-21-scrapped-and-new-minimum-rental-standards-announced?source=trending


~
To deal with crap landlords they need to provide about 10M new genuinely affordable houses for people to move to.

But that number goes up by about 500 every day due to the boat people coming across the channel.
 

 

Will it include a rise in minimum EPC certificate needed?

That Section 21 scrapped is a game changer. And about time too. Greedy BTL scumlords need to recognise you cant fuck with peoples lives depending on market conditions.

 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Green Devil said:

That Section 21 scrapped is a game changer. And about time too. Greedy BTL scumlords need to recognise you cant fuck with peoples lives depending on market conditions.

 

S21/AST were the only reason why banks had their arms twisted to lend to LL.

That and greed ...

 

Anything that gets in way for a back being able to repo an assets is a no no.

Again, that Gove speech is for the banks not the LL.

 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DurhamBorn

A good friend of mine has just put up all five of their BTLs for sale.They are all paid for,but he said all the regs now etc it wasnt worth it anymore and he was getting out before the rush.He has sold two already with sitting tenants so another BTL,but another is a couple who have served notice on the tenants and will move in when they leave.

  • Informative 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Democorruptcy
6 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

A good friend of mine has just put up all five of their BTLs for sale.They are all paid for,but he said all the regs now etc it wasnt worth it anymore and he was getting out before the rush.He has sold two already with sitting tenants so another BTL,but another is a couple who have served notice on the tenants and will move in when they leave.

I was looking at the Asset Manager section today, it's crossed my mind that if the BTL or holiday home sector bailed out, there could be a lot of cash looking for investment. I presume that's part of your thinking? ;)

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...