DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Gove going after the LLs

Boglet

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

I was looking at the Asset Manager section today, it's crossed my mind that if the BTL or holiday home sector bailed out, there could be a lot of cash looking for investment. I presume that's part of your thinking? ;)

Its all debt.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, One percent said:

Holiday lets are going to be under massive pressure soon, alongside second homes.  Local people have had enough and are beginning to organise.  

Sorry but will be up your way in six or so weeks for holiday but will be in converted farm building next door to farmer. Just a continuation of our holiday as we were there on the first week of lockdown and our loving children " forced" us to come home a couple of days early.

We have booked directly with farmer.... £70 cheaper than holiday company.

PS we have no camper van and expect car will not move all week... good foot soldiers!

2 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Sorry but will be up your way in six or so weeks for holiday but will be in converted farm building next door to farmer. Just a continuation of our holiday as we were there on the first week of lockdown and our loving children " forced" us to come home a couple of days early.

PS we have no camper van and expect car will not move all week... good foot soldiers!

Enjoy. Don’t feed the fucking seagulls.  o.O

Just now, Bilbo said:

Don't even feed the tits in my garden.. no chance on those shit hawks!

We have bird flu in the area. Cuntish neighbour is still feeding the birds.  O.o

33 minutes ago, One percent said:

We have bird flu in the area. Cuntish neighbour is still feeding the birds.  O.o

Just keep him away from your tits.

Voids kill LL. Always have.

Again, IO Btl relied on insane bank lending, low rates, 10m EUers n high LHA.

Btl is commercial lending do unregulated.

Banks n LL can dig themselves into the biggest hole they can make. Theres no protection.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Voids kill LL. Always have.

Again, IO Btl relied on insane bank lending, low rates, 10m EUers n high LHA.

Btl is commercial lending do unregulated.

Banks n LL can dig themselves into the biggest hole they can make. Theres no protection.

Wanna bet?  When it all goes pete, they will be squealing and the banks will get yet another bailout. Thank you very much sap taxpayer. 

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

Wanna bet?  When it all goes pete, they will be squealing and the banks will get yet another bailout. Thank you very much sap taxpayer. 

Nope, no bank bail outs.

Io btl is either a tiny sector if a bug banks bold.

Or a large part of a small, can go bust bank.

9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nope, no bank bail outs.

We shall see. I think once the btl start really offloading into the market, it will have and adverse effect on all property. Domino effect. 

Joncrete Cungle
9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nope, no bank bail outs.

The Ring fencing of retail banks was supposed to prevent banks needing to be bailed out when they fuck up again.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/why-are-retail-banks-being-ring-fenced-and-how-will-this-affect-me

Proof of the pudding will be in the eating...

1 hour ago, Hancock said:

I just went on property118 for some reason.

Anyway this is one landlords deranged comment about the interest rate rise to 0.5%.

https://www.property118.com/bank-of-england-increases-base-rate-to-05/#comments

image.png.1ad784fdfb81d64c8529fa8a830eb786.png

I bet if you have a root around elsewhere he will be bragging about his 5 year fix.

Greedy arse.

On 05/02/2022 at 09:23, Wight Flight said:

I’d be worried about what’s going to replace these landlords it won’t be 100% owner occupiers it could be the banks and hedge funds the next stage will be green laws in order to rent a house out .big bungs to the banks etc to impliment it 

With a crooked smile
On 05/02/2022 at 19:10, Bilbo said:

No surprises there. Booking.com charge us 15% per booking. Obviously we try and limit our exposure to them. 

12 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

The Government's "levelling up" reforms will force landlords to sell up, compound the country's housing shortage and force up rents, experts have warned.

Ohh, Goves upset experts. Fucking Phds an whatnot.

The National Residential Landlords Association, a trade body, warned the additional cost of upgrades would force landlords to sell up, unless there was a Government support package.

Thats not an expert..

Adam Kingswood, of Kingswood Residential Investment Management, a rental agency in Nottingham, warned the reforms would be the “final straw” for landlords. 

Nope.

"Local authority housing is typically in large estates and blocks of flats. But the private sector is dominated by older properties like Victorian terraced houses. These are really hard to meet a certain standard," he said.

Some expert. Thats wrong.

All the new build, from the city centre city living wank flats of ~2005, to new build estates are full of IO BTlers.

Thast not to say these properties are shit - they are.

But they are not old Victorian places.

The IO BTL all piled into BTL as they did not want to do any work.

The rental market has been crippled by an acute shortage of homes to let, which has pushed up rents to record highs. The number of homes available to rent was 51pc lower in the last three months of 2021 compared with the same period in 2020. Competition between tenants has doubled, according to property website Rightmove. 

No, the UK ahs been swamped by 15m-20m migrants, mainly EUers,  since 2000.

image.png

22 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

We're meant to believe....Gove, from the party of Landlords, is going after landlords ?

Yes because the whole demographic is changing. The government will go after assets. Pensions, investments, BTL anything with money. They sure as hell aren’t going to get it off the Bennie brigade through benefit reductions. The PAYE base is rapidly shrinking smaller and smaller, especially if going into stagflation and will be ever more squeezed. Too much and they will be become part of the problem.

The government spend £22 billion on housing benefit. They certainly don’t want that doubling or tripling through inflation and private BTL idiots raising rents and making the bennie brigade homeless. It’s calling time on the whole charade. Let them run for the exits and tax them on the way out, the rug is being pulled.

The banks are waiting in the wings. You will own nothing and be happy. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/business/lloyds-bank-aims-to-be-uk-s-biggest-private-landlord-by-2025-b1905081.html?amp

Watch the MPs slowly get rid of their portfolios quickly and quietly.

HousePriceMania
13 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Yes because the whole demographic is changing.

I'd like to agree, but while the tory cabinet is made up of landlords and bankers nothing will change, they will not make themselves poorer deliberately.

Now, if someone can show me the Tory MPs selling their BTL portfolios en-masse I'll change my tune.

3 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

I'd like to agree, but while the tory cabinet is made up of landlords and bankers nothing will change, they will not make themselves poorer deliberately.

Now, if someone can show me the Tory MPs selling their BTL portfolios en-masse I'll change my tune.

As Macca implies, we need a Corbyn esq govt to resolve this.

Pity he didn't stick to his lifelong position against the EU.

HousePriceMania
2 minutes ago, Hancock said:

As Macca implies, we need a Corbyn esq govt to resolve this.

Pity he didn't stick to his lifelong position against the EU.

Yes, if he had he'd have been prime minister.

I wonder who talked him out of it....

Archived