DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

A Grim Future For Our Political Systems

macca

35 minutes ago, macca said:

History always seems to repeat itself. A very interesting read into the stages of governance, dictatorship and collapse of society.

The greed and corruption in governments now is unbelievable. 

The system is sick.. 

https://medium.com/lessons-from-history/the-ancient-theory-of-anacyclosis-predicts-a-grim-future-for-our-political-systems-7ca8085206ff

The system isn’t sick. It’s human nature, it’s how we work, there is no fighting the cyclical nature of human progression. History has so many examples of what happens- anyone can find out what happens- yet it still does. The best advice I’ve ever been given is take responsibility for what you can control in a way your consciousness allows and plough your own furrow. Getting mad at the system is futile- get mad at human nature- futile also but at least the ire directed at it would be appropriate. 

4 hours ago, macca said:

History always seems to repeat itself. A very interesting read into the stages of governance, dictatorship and collapse of society.

The system is sick.. 

https://medium.com/lessons-from-history/the-ancient-theory-of-anacyclosis-predicts-a-grim-future-for-our-political-systems-7ca8085206ff

Thats better, well it seems we're on the march with interest rate rises, so we may well get something resembling affordable housing in the coming few years.

Pity it took printing trillions globally and turning the nation into a totalitarian nightmare to achieve it.

35 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Thats better, well it seems we're on the march with interest rate rises, so we may well get something resembling affordable housing in the coming few years.

Pity it took printing trillions globally and turning the nation into a totalitarian nightmare to achieve it.

Can't make an omelette without redistributing some egg based derivatives 

1 hour ago, Hancock said:

That's not the plan.. 

Blackrock is now USA's biggest landlord

Bill Gates is now America's biggest farm land owner. 

The idea the rich are going to give back what the have taken is for the birds.

Their plan I think is surfdom. 

Back to slavery.. They want it all!

The UK government have sold everything, we have hollowed out the country to an empty shell.

The world will be owned by a few trillionaires and we will be their debt slaves.

The country can't return to cheap affordable housing and a decent standards of living.. £2.35 trillion of debt and a country owned by the few.

Riots I think is the next stage.. 

Get a shotgun licence not a mortgage by the time this lot have finished.

9 minutes ago, macca said:

That's not the plan.. 

The UK government have sold everything, we have hollowed out the country to an empty shell.

The world will be owned by a few trillionaires and we will be their debt slaves.

The country can't return to cheap affordable housing and a decent standards of living.. £2.35 trillion of debt and a country owned by the few.

Im just getting out of here.

But i do agree with you that the so called capitalists (by that i mean monopolists), are sooner or later going to get an extremist lefty leader voted in to take it back their ill gotten gains.... but for now all we have are pro Blackrock, pro Bill Gates people in charge on the so called left and the so called right.

Boris goes and probably gets replaced by arguably the most financially retarded chancellor in UK history ... giving out £50,000 lumps to people with zero checks has to be the single most stupid idea ive ever seen from a chancellor, and i lived under Brown!

3 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Im just getting out of here.

But i do agree with you that the so called capitalists (by that i mean monopolists), are sooner or later going to get an extremist lefty leader voted in to take it back their ill gotten gains.... but for now all we have are pro Blackrock, pro Bill Gates people in charge on the so called left and the so called right.

Boris goes and probably gets replaced by arguably the most financially retarded chancellor in UK history ... giving out £50,000 lumps to people with zero checks has to be the single most stupid idea ive ever seen from a chancellor, and i lived under Brown!

I think that will be one of their milder fuck ups over the next few months. I’m pretty sure they can beat any fuck up they create with an even bigger fuck up. They have form.  

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think that will be one of their milder fuck ups over the next few months. I’m pretty sure they can beat any fuck up they create with an even bigger fuck up. They have form.  

Im just gutted i didnt take the full whack!

reformed nice guy
7 hours ago, dnb24 said:

The system isn’t sick. It’s human nature, it’s how we work, there is no fighting the cyclical nature of human progression. History has so many examples of what happens- anyone can find out what happens- yet it still does. The best advice I’ve ever been given is take responsibility for what you can control in a way your consciousness allows and plough your own furrow. Getting mad at the system is futile- get mad at human nature- futile also but at least the ire directed at it would be appropriate. 

Tldr:

turning-point-usa-hard-times-create-strongmen-strong-men-create-20989056.png

2 hours ago, reformed nice guy said:

Tldr:

turning-point-usa-hard-times-create-strongmen-strong-men-create-20989056.png

Its when you realise GOOD TIMES and HARD TIMES are manufactured.

There is no need to flick between the 2 of them, only greed, power and stupidity causes problems

But yes we have become weak minded.

The thing that worries me most is the rich kids don't even need to think. They have acquired a golden ticket to never have to work, learn or do anything for themselves. I could stretch that to middle class well off families.

If you have watched the series succession I think its a good representation of a generation of mega rich children who are thick as shit but might find their way into positions of Power.. 

4 hours ago, macca said:

That's not the plan.. 

i agree, this is what they want, conciously or subconciously - serfdom.  Problem is, like the billions of migrants wanting to travel from africa to the west because they have seen the Tv images of TVs and toilets, you cannot make a population UNLEARN something.  Pol Pot tried it, as did Hitler, and Stalin, and it didn't work.

People remember freedom.  They remember better times.  The french, for all their faults, have remembered how the revolution of 1789 created freedom, hence they riot in mini echos 150 years later.

Serfdom only is possible if you make everyone forget what could be.  Otherwise, the pushback will, in the end, win.

8 minutes ago, wherebee said:

i agree, this is what they want, conciously or subconciously - serfdom.  Problem is, like the billions of migrants wanting to travel from africa to the west because they have seen the Tv images of TVs and toilets, you cannot make a population UNLEARN something.  Pol Pot tried it, as did Hitler, and Stalin, and it didn't work.

People remember freedom.  They remember better times.  The french, for all their faults, have remembered how the revolution of 1789 created freedom, hence they riot in mini echos 150 years later.

Serfdom only is possible if you make everyone forget what could be.  Otherwise, the pushback will, in the end, win.

I hope so.. but the public seem to be ignorant of what's happening or burying their heads in the sand due to the stress of it all. 

I guess it's when enough people become homeless or can't eat we might see a real explosion. 

13 hours ago, macca said:

The system is sick.. 

Has anyone read (or even heard of) The Third Wave by Alvin Toffler?

Apparently, it’s pretty big in cyberpunk circles but I hadn’t heard of it until it was name-checked in a podcast.

Essentially, it analyzes history in terms of three ‘waves’ - the Agricultural Revolution (the first one, sometimes known as the Neolithic Revolution, not the Eighteenth Century one), the Industrial Revolution and what will basically be the Information Revolution.

Toffler calls these 'waves' because they spread at different rates across the globe (there are still some tribes which are yet to be struck by the First Wave) and has chosen to enumerate these particular ones because each created, or will create, such a great upheaval in society and the economy that pretty much all previous ways of doing things and social institutions have to be reinvented.

Toffler was writing back in 1980 and I think it’s fair to say that we’re well and truly awash with the Third Wave now. ‘Reactionary’ forces are desperately trying to bail out their Second Wave institutions but I just don’t see them succeeding long-term.

For one thing, because of the way that information used to flow in Second Wave societies, that is to say up and down via vertical geographical hierarchies (due to the cost of communication), people were organised into relatively few, regionally based, groups (a number of trade unions, schools/universities, religions, etc.) each of which was run by a very small number of people at the top. The effect of all this was that it was possible, for example, for the US elite to basically run countries like Ecuador and Uruguay back in the 1960s by simply influencing these leaders and this could be done with just a handful of ‘political action’ personnel operating from their embassy under diplomatic cover.

That situation simply no longer obtains, there are now millions and millions of groups, perhaps as many as there are people, or more, and it just isn’t possible for a small elite to manage them centrally any longer.

PatronizingGit
4 hours ago, macca said:

Russel Brands take on the great reset and the rich using the free printed money to buy all the assets.

https://youtu.be/BXTPzFSx6oI

I think Karl Denninger was saying similar about the idiocy of Trumps tax holiday on foreign held cash to stimulate US companies to invest & create jobs. 

I companies wanted to invest in job creation, they've had ample access to negative real rates for the last decade and change. While they took on debt, it was generally to fund stock buybacks, not to invest in expansion. It was always a forgone conclusion that any repatriation of cash from abroad would be used to do same. 

big story, but one the Televitz didnt seem interested in.

On 04/02/2022 at 02:24, macca said:

Its when you realise GOOD TIMES and HARD TIMES are manufactured.

There is no need to flick between the 2 of them, only greed, power and stupidity causes problems

But yes we have become weak minded.

The thing that worries me most is the rich kids don't even need to think. They have acquired a golden ticket to never have to work, learn or do anything for themselves. I could stretch that to middle class well off families.

If you have watched the series succession I think its a good representation of a generation of mega rich children who are thick as shit but might find their way into positions of Power.. 

but it permitted into wider society where girls make money from getting their growler out for a couple of hundred quid or begging on TikTok. I’ve received some pics today of one such girl on only fans ffs lol

Removal of media articles that may cause harm.

A very fuzzy law that allows the government to decide what they deem as offensive? Just going through.

Boris is tells lots of lies? That causes him harm,, ban it

Lots of old people are dying because of Tories cuts.. That upsets people.. Ban it

Its a law they leave open to abuse.. Abuse by them

What's the movie 1984 about?

A man loses his identity while living under a repressive regime. In a story based on George Orwell's classic novel, Winston Smith (John Hurt) is a government employee whose job involves the rewriting of history in a manner that casts his fictional country's leaders in a charitable light. His trysts with Julia (Suzanna Hamilton) provide his only measure of enjoyment, but lawmakers frown on the relationship -- and in this closely monitored society, there is no escape from Big Brother.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/beware-boris-s-sinister-crackdown-on-free-speech

Archived