• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Frank Hovis

If you're baffled as to why illegal immigrants aren't deported

Look no further:

44DC2CE600000578-0-image-a-53_1506989765

The tribunal considered 13 rulings made by the immigration appeal judge at Taylor House, in Islington, north London, that were later successfully overturned.

In one case, he spoke of a Bangladeshi asylum seeker being a homosexual even though the man made no such claim.

The senior judges, led by Judge Mark Ockelton, vice president of the Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber), said of the 13 cases: ‘Every one of the decisions shows error of law, in most cases serious error, in most cases multiple serious errors.

To be frank, in none of the decisions under appeal does he give the least reason to suppose that he is aware what the relevant requirements of the immigration rules are.

They added: ‘Judge Majid’s decisions give the impression that the judge has very little idea of either his own (limited) powers or the content of the law in issue. They are full of observations many of which are of dubious correctness, some of which are of dubious relevance, and a few of which are wholly inappropriate.’

Most of the cases involved Judge Majid accepting appeals by migrants against Home Office orders to leave Britain.

'He accepted one key witness was British simply because they recited aloud what they claimed was their passport number – without giving any documents as proof.

:PissedOff:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4942784/Immigration-judge-little-idea-law.html

Maybe a little baksheesh changing hands?  I suppose we should welcome this enrichment of our legal system brought about by wholesale uncontrolled immigration of illiterate peasants from the indian subcontinent. 

It'll be interesting to see if whichever organisation is responsible for this guy has the balls to sack him. Something tells me that he'll be offered some extra "training" and will be allowed to continue unabated.

34 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Southwark Council HR incompetence rather than looking the other way; and when they did find out they sacked her and checked up on what she had been accessing.

In a statement, Southwark Council chief executive Eleanor Kelly said Girma ‘no longer works for Southwark Council’.

She said: ‘As soon as her background came to light we took immediate action and terminated her employment. She did not disclose her full offence to the council.

‘During her employment this individual never had access to police watch list data. We have fully reviewed her activity while she was employed at the council, including her computer usage, and no wrongdoing was uncovered.

‘We have also undertaken a robust review of our processes and procedures in light of this incident.’

I'm intrigued as to how claims of asylum are processed.

Does the Home Office ring up the Nigerian (example) embassy, and ask to be put through to (insert name here) village-in-the-middle-of-nowhere and ask to speak to the Elder of the village who can confirm identity and the specifics of the claim?

Claimant makes claims about mistreatment, Home Office "makes checks".

How?

1 minute ago, DTMark said:

I'm intrigued as to how claims of asylum are processed.

Does the Home Office ring up the Nigerian (example) embassy, and ask to be put through to (insert name here) village-in-the-middle-of-nowhere and ask to speak to the Elder of the village who can confirm identity and the specifics of the claim?

Claimant makes claims about mistreatment, Home Office "makes checks".

How?

Let's just say I knew a young man whose Dad was a multimillionaire. His profession? Immigration lawyer, mainly doing work for Nigerians. He had a few tales to tell, and this was back in the early 90s before Blair and Brown set about destroying the nation, I imagine it's got a lot worse.

Make of that what you will.