DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

RMG Royal Mail

Royston

This is more of a question specifically for @DurhamBorn who I seem to recall was banging the drum for RMG a while back and appears to know his onions.

Why does it remain so stubbornly undervalued (based on the company's fundamentals and all broker ratings)?

It's financial position is stronger than ever yet it's share price remains subdued and it always seems to be highly vulnerable to what I firmly believe is manipulation from shorts and their market maker accomplices. 

The latest share price movement being a perfect example... no bad news or bad forecasts coming out of the company, no broker downgrades, a rising ftse 100 and yet one recent short position opens up and next thing suddenly 20% is wiped off the market cap in the space of a fortnight. 

I do have a decent chunk of RMG and I'm well above water with them but I do find it frustrating how it appears to be so vulnerable to what I really do believe is manipulation. 

reformed nice guy

Im a happy hold of RMG shares but I think the lingering risk is manipulation by the state and the pension

• Agree 1

SpectrumFX

I hold it, but the pension obligations bother me.

I had a very good run with it and I've now sold enough to recover my initial investment. The rest I'll leave generating dividends until either I or RMG cease to be.

I thought the current pension liabilities were in pretty good shape and the soon to be introduced CDC scheme seems to be well received by all sides and independent commentators.

23 hours ago, Persons unknown said:

I thought all the old generous pension liabilities were taken on by the government when they privatised.

Yep pretty sure they were.