DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Young people CAN afford to get on the housing ladder if they give up the easyJet, coffee, gym, Netflix lifestyle

spunko

Rt Hon Kirsty knows all about the plight of the working class, she was born on a council estate and never got any financial help from her parents.

(...I'm joking, she's the daughter of a baron)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10482363/Kirstie-Allsopp-says-youngsters-house-parents-start-SAVING-money.html#article-10482363

The gall of these chinless wonders!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will own nothing and like it article.

Flog the youth green emergency policies. Keep em distracted out of poverty and /or financial dependency they are in.

I am sure many older folk can give them impartial advice. Like Krusty.

Yes!

Save 3x your annual salary in a year and you too can afford the deposit on a family home!

Whoops no you can't cos it's gone up again.

Utter fucktard.

If house prices went up 20,000 then that's 40,000 (paid back) over 20 years.

If you save £40,000 then you would have just about held the increase... and actually saved fuck all.

But that £40,000 today would only be hold the value of 20,000 at the end (unless house prices go up even more!)....

... but you have to save it now, today.

After 5 years saving £20,000 per year you would have a £100,000 deposit in todays value. In 5 years you wouldn't have 'saved' a penny. Yes you would have the deposit, but house priced would have gone up £125,000!!!!

HousePriceMania
9 hours ago, spunko said:

Rt Hon Kirsty knows all about the plight of the working class, she was born on a council estate and never got any financial help from her parents.

(...I'm joking, she's the daughter of a baron)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10482363/Kirstie-Allsopp-says-youngsters-house-parents-start-SAVING-money.html#article-10482363

The gall of these chinless wonders!

HousePriceMania

Kirsty, a self serving out of touch witch 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/kirstie-allsopp-urges-people-stop-23984372

The property expert said people are 'fighting over' mediocre houses that would ordinary not sell for more than the asking price - and urged people to consider what would happen if interest rates shot up and they were called back into the office

2 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

The property expert said people are 'fighting over' mediocre houses that would ordinary not sell for more than the asking price - and urged people to consider what would happen if interest rates shot up and they were called back into the office

Oooh cutting :D

HousePriceMania
3 minutes ago, spunko said:

Oooh cutting :D

Fair, I thought.

Her and that baldy twat have a sin to answer for.  Even banklrupt of his "pwopatee" firm in 2008 didn't stop the useless c**t from pretending to be a pwopatee expert.

You can see why they blocked me !!!

Uncle Buck Rogers

Being discussed on Jeremy Vine show on ch5 now and the worst stereotype of the "Boomer" are calling in calling the young useless and lazy, even when faced with the (possibly not correct) stat showing that when Lady Kirstie of the Moustache bought her 1st house in 91, the price to earnings was x4.4 whereas now it is x14.

Would a young Kirsty have takemn her own advice and bought a house in inner city Bradford?

Would she fuck. Wouldn't have lasted 20 seconds.

Revolution needed. 

Shes quite right.

A pair of 25yo, in the top decile of earnings (60k each) can easily afford a small 3brd house in crappy Southern commuter town - providing IRs remain at 300 year lows for the next ~30 years.

As long as they dont have kids or stop working.

The issue is that a small ~300k 3br house in Woking isnt an easy sell to a couple with those sort of earnings.

The actual question should be -

Could you afford to buy the house you are living in?

And this is a very apt question, as most housing is bought by people living in the local area.

If a plumber earning ~40k cannot buy a 3 br house in Woking then the price is too high.

10 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

Yes!

Save 3x your annual salary in a year and you too can afford the deposit on a family home!

Whoops no you can't cos it's gone up again.

Utter fucktard.

The issue is simply - 

The deposit required (earnings multiple) on a typical house is not far off what people would have took out as a mortgage on the house  before ~2002ish.

HPI is wage inflation whcih will cause IR to go up.

Theres no China or EE flooding in to keep prices and wages down.

Her main solution is to move to where houses are cheaper and buy there.

Though that usually means that local wages are lower so buying is no easier.

This is a great example of "if you have nothing to say then keep silent".

Allsopp recommended first time buyers consider moving north to cheaper areas, relating it to a couple who found a two-bed maisonette in Newcastle for £160,000 after moving back in with her parents during lockdown.

'It is difficult: if you were born down south, and have family down south, my life is down south, but if we want a family house we have to move,' she said.

'If I had any roots further north and I was trying to buy [I'd do it].'

31 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Shes quite right.

A pair of 25yo, in the top decile of earnings (60k each) can easily afford a small 3brd house in crappy Southern commuter town - providing IRs remain at 300 year lows for the next ~30 years.

As long as they dont have kids or stop working.

The issue is that a small ~300k 3br house in Woking isnt an easy sell to a couple with those sort of earnings.

The actual question should be -

Could you afford to buy the house you are living in?

And this is a very apt question, as most housing is bought by people living in the local area.

If a plumber earning ~40k cannot buy a 3 br house in Woking then the price is too high.

Combined income of £120k is in the top 1% literally:

https://ifs.org.uk/tools_and_resources/where_do_you_fit_in

Can't imagine being in the top 1% of earners and only being able to buy a 3-bed slavebox in Woking*

*3 miles outside of Woking. With nothing around, no pubs, no facilities, only chicken hutches and a McDonalds drive-through for company and having to drive everywhere. 

27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The issue is simply - 

The deposit required (earnings multiple) on a typical house is not far off what people would have took out as a mortgage on the house  before ~2002ish.

HPI is wage inflation whcih will cause IR to go up.

Theres no China or EE flooding in to keep prices and wages down.

what about this trade deal with India, why would India push to have Visa requirements to allow them to lose citizens?

I just have a feeling despite all this there will be some way to shaft people who work one way or another.

24 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Her main solution is to move to where houses are cheaper and buy there.

Though that usually means that local wages are lower so buying is no easier.

This is a great example of "if you have nothing to say then keep silent".

Allsopp recommended first time buyers consider moving north to cheaper areas, relating it to a couple who found a two-bed maisonette in Newcastle for £160,000 after moving back in with her parents during lockdown.

'It is difficult: if you were born down south, and have family down south, my life is down south, but if we want a family house we have to move,' she said.

'If I had any roots further north and I was trying to buy [I'd do it].'

Indeed this is totaly true I did it on minimum wage but I could not buy where I’m from I had to buy in stoke .I did it on my own 12.5k deposit .people want to live where they are raised I understand that but has scar said in the lion king life’s not fair .the young have one advantage their age over me .if your buying on your own get a lodger a couple on minimum wage should get about 2.8k between them .

For fun I’ve found this I’m not searching for best value my Rightmove is set to most recent . But with a 16,500 deposit over 25 years the cost is this and there’s the house .note 5 year fixed ps I’d live in it has it is and attack the morgage but then again I’m nuts https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/119498300?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY

ADB27433-C00C-4539-8114-93CC19BFFA94.png

14 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Indeed this is totaly true I did it on minimum wage but I could not buy where I’m from I had to buy in stoke .I did it on my own 12.5k deposit .people want to live where they are raised I understand that but has scar said in the lion king life’s not fair .the young have one advantage their age over me .if your buying on your own get a lodger a couple on minimum wage should get about 2.8k between them .

The flaw in her argument is suggesting that this is in some way "getting on the ladder".

If I had been unable to buy anything other than a flat in, say, Falmouth (nice coastal town) ten years ago for £150k and had instead gone for a three bed terrace in Camborne to "get on the ladder" with the aim of moving back to Falmouth then I would have lost out.

This is because in those ten years the flat in Falmouth would have maybe doubled to £300k but the terrace in Camborne might have only gone up to £200k.

Yes you can buy but if you can't buy where you want to live then where is the pleasure in that.

You would be far better off living where you want, renting cheaply and investing your savings (Kirsty can see no further than houses when it comes to investments) like @JoeDavola

Yeah my folks make sweeping statements like this "the young expect too much nowadays" ect...

I remember at one point they were driving along in their car with it's custom number plates and Dad was having a go at a young family who were out playing with one of those electric scooter toys as an example of how the young have "far too much money". From behind the wheel of his custom number plated car.

I was in the student area with Mum last week and we passed some eatery and she said something along the lines of "students have so much money these days back in my days we didn't have these big loans so we didn't eat out all the time ect...". She was framing it as if the stuents were so lucky to being given these loans - I reminded her that she got a grant and no student fees so didn't leave uni in 5 figures of debt, or any debt for that matter but it just doesn't register with them.

People don't like thinking that any amount of their 'success' and wealth is due to luck.

32 minutes ago, spunko said:

Combined income of £120k is in the top 1% literally:

https://ifs.org.uk/tools_and_resources/where_do_you_fit_in

Can't imagine being in the top 1% of earners and only being able to buy a 3-bed slavebox in Woking*

*3 miles outside of Woking. With nothing around, no pubs, no facilities, only chicken hutches and a McDonalds drive-through for company and having to drive everywhere. 

Ive posted this in several threads. But its always worth a post.

https://www.fca.org.uk/data/product-sales-data/mortgage-product-sales-data-geographic-area

Go to Yorks n Humberside - 

'There were 49,468 mortgage sales in this region in 2019.

Leeds - 800k

Bradford - 450k

Sheffield - 584k

York - 210k

Hull - 261k

Wakefield - 340k

Hudderfield - 162k

I could go on, listing tha large towns too. But you get the just.

Then thers the 

5.5m (a tthe last count, so more) live in Yorks n Humberside.

Currently ~20% of mortgages are remortgages with no extra debt - just moving existing mortgages.

Lets assume that ~60% of that number of mortgages for buying a house - ~30k.

I think (I cant find) that theres ~60k deaths in YorkHum/year.

13 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The flaw in her argument is suggesting that this is in some way "getting on the ladder".

If I had been unable to buy anything other than a flat in, say, Falmouth (nice coastal town) ten years ago for £150k and had instead gone for a three bed terrace in Camborne to "get on the ladder" with the aim of moving back to Falmouth then I would have lost out.

This is because in those ten years the flat in Falmouth would have maybe doubled to £300k but the terrace in Camborne might have only gone up to £200k.

Yes you can buy but if you can't buy where you want to live then where is the pleasure in that.

You would be far better off living where you want, renting cheaply and investing your savings (Kirsty can see no further than houses when it comes to investments) like @JoeDavola

Your not peanilised for buying a house let’s say life throws your a curved ball your saveings and investment will see you peanilised .ie you get fuck all .turfed out of rented at will and rents go up just has the value of the house does .But if your patient this can happen .you start to realise that suddenly your in with a possibility of getting what you want so all is not lost .but life threw me a curved ball and I’m fucking glad I bought a hovel instead of investing.ps lodgers pay around 500 plus a month in uttoxeter wtf and there’s only 2 rooms available Within 5 miles of it .

0A21DE95-8B8B-4956-BF58-E58636DCA272.png

24 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah my folks make sweeping statements like this "the young expect too much nowadays" ect...

I remember at one point they were driving along in their car with it's custom number plates and Dad was having a go at a young family who were out playing with one of those electric scooter toys as an example of how the young have "far too much money". From behind the wheel of his custom number plated car.

I was in the student area with Mum last week and we passed some eatery and she said something along the lines of "students have so much money these days back in my days we didn't have these big loans so we didn't eat out all the time ect...". She was framing it as if the stuents were so lucky to being given these loans - I reminded her that she got a grant and no student fees so didn't leave uni in 5 figures of debt; but it just doesn't register with them.

People don't like thinking that any amount of their 'success' and wealth is due to luck.

Luck has a lot to do with things like your health divorce etc etc .who would have though cottages that you struggled to sell 40 years ago in the moorlands because of no jobs etc would increase ten fold .

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck Rogers said:

Being discussed on Jeremy Vine show on ch5 now and the worst stereotype of the "Boomer" are calling in calling the young useless and lazy, even when faced with the (possibly not correct) stat showing that when Lady Kirstie of the Moustache bought her 1st house in 91, the price to earnings was x4.4 whereas now it is x14.

Would a young Kirsty have takemn her own advice and bought a house in inner city Bradford?

Would she fuck. Wouldn't have lasted 20 seconds.

Revolution needed. 

I was flicking through the channels and stopped on This Morning as at that moment they were discussing her statement.

Some old cunt who will hopefully be dead soon, was going on how wonderful Krustie was, and then agreed if young stopped spending all their money on coffee then they'd be able to afford to buy.

Then that morbidly obese negro, who will be dead soon agreed .... and so did the blonde bit who sucked the cock of some ITV exec to get her TV gig agreed.

Bring back Richard and Judie.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

But all plumbers are on 6 figure salaries.

old people can afford care by signing over their property to young people who can look after them in return 

12 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

old people can afford care by signing over their property to young people who can look after them in return 

The preference was young people look after them and are taxed to the hilt to fund such healthcare, so homeowner can then give the house to their children who don't want to look after them.

Archived