Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Big institutions Buying up housing and renting it back (You will own nothing and be happy)


macca

Recommended Posts

So having pumped asset prices, asset stripped once great companies, loaded with debt, devalued money, stock buy backs, fraud after fraud rewarded with small fines and large profits.

Now they move to buy up all the remaining assets, housing,, A life of servitude awaits the next generation, Housing taken from them by the tax avoiding criminal class, fed with free tax payers money that becomes tax payers debt.

Is it revolution Time, will it take blood on the streets to stop these evil bastards from committing crime without prison?

Well underground bunkers, safe rooms and large offshore super yachts looks like the rich know that constantly trying to kill working people for their profits might one day back fire,

Once the dumb public figure it out that is!

https://www.euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/affordable-housing-under-threat-as-large-investors-buy-up-european-homes/

  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis

Or that's the canary singing because it's reminiscent of the "can't lose" attitude that saw Grant Bovey's BTL "empire" go pop in 2009.

With those housing assets you need a return that exceeds your cost of capital.

If base rates go to 5% corporate rates will go to 6 - 7% so a house that they have bought for £300k will need to yield gross 8% to allow for maintenance and overheads.

Or £2k a month rent.

Nobody will pay that and it goes pop like the rest of the housing market; though it will go early like Bovey's company as it's going to be highly geared.

 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1678370/Grant-Bovey-served-papers-by-bailiff.html

 

  • Agree 5
  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of 3br ex council houses near me came up for sale within the last week and they sold very quickly. I wonder if they have been bought by institutional investors? :/

Flats seem to be lingering but houses are selling very quickly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would this lead to more Gentrification? Keeping the scum out. I have every sympathy with genuine people who want to buy/rent but am not surprised this has come to pass.Housing market now Global. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
2 hours ago, UmBongo said:

A couple of 3br ex council houses near me came up for sale within the last week and they sold very quickly. I wonder if they have been bought by institutional investors? :/

Flats seem to be lingering but houses are selling very quickly. 

 

Council houses usually have excellent build quality and substantial plots.  They are very popular.

  • Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UmBongo said:

A couple of 3br ex council houses near me came up for sale within the last week and they sold very quickly. I wonder if they have been bought by institutional investors? :/

Flats seem to be lingering but houses are selling very quickly. 

I always assumed it would be the opposite, bigger investors buying entire large blocks of flats. Just thinking it would be too much hassle to manage maintenance for individual houses regardless of quality. Maybe that’s only the case with brand new developments like those blocks of flats in central Manchester? I could be completely wrong of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, mh9000 said:

I always assumed it would be the opposite, bigger investors buying entire large blocks of flats. Just thinking it would be too much hassle to manage maintenance for individual houses regardless of quality. Maybe that’s only the case with brand new developments like those blocks of flats in central Manchester? I could be completely wrong of course.

I would hope they would build large developments of apartments. They do this in the U.S. and are bloody brilliant.

The sooner we get it here the better.

Edited by Wight Flight
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mh9000 said:

I always assumed it would be the opposite, bigger investors buying entire large blocks of flats. Just thinking it would be too much hassle to manage maintenance for individual houses regardless of quality. Maybe that’s only the case with brand new developments like those blocks of flats in central Manchester? I could be completely wrong of course.

Makes sense tbh. I'm only aware of one newly constructed block that's like that in my neck of the woods. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, macca said:

So having pumped asset prices, asset stripped once great companies, loaded with debt, devalued money, stock buy backs, fraud after fraud rewarded with small fines and large profits.

Now they move to buy up all the remaining assets, housing,, A life of servitude awaits the next generation, Housing taken from them by the tax avoiding criminal class, fed with free tax payers money that becomes tax payers debt.

Is it revolution Time, will it take blood on the streets to stop these evil bastards from committing crime without prison?

Well underground bunkers, safe rooms and large offshore super yachts looks like the rich know that constantly trying to kill working people for their profits might one day back fire,

Once the dumb public figure it out that is!

https://www.euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/affordable-housing-under-threat-as-large-investors-buy-up-european-homes/

WOooh there, that's quite a lot if lefty bollocks.

One, whose they?  Brown was top of the list of facilitating 2008 n all that, allowing the world to pour into London n leverage up.

The asset stripping is sooo 1970s. Most companies ruined by PE wernt great and had limited assets to strip.

Likes of debt where bought out, then swapped the equity fir debt, then sold back as equity, resumed of anything worthwhile.

Stock buybacks are just that.

If you object- and I do - lobby to get debt put on same level as equity.

In terms of housing, the fast, dumb PE will go with higher rates.

Theres a solid case for well run corporate rentals a la Barbican as a life hedge. Note the use of hedge rather profit maximising.

I'll tell you what would fuck everything up - state ownership.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HousePriceMania
21 hours ago, macca said:

So having pumped asset prices, asset stripped once great companies, loaded with debt, devalued money, stock buy backs, fraud after fraud rewarded with small fines and large profits.

Now they move to buy up all the remaining assets, housing,, A life of servitude awaits the next generation, Housing taken from them by the tax avoiding criminal class, fed with free tax payers money that becomes tax payers debt.

Is it revolution Time, will it take blood on the streets to stop these evil bastards from committing crime without prison?

Well underground bunkers, safe rooms and large offshore super yachts looks like the rich know that constantly trying to kill working people for their profits might one day back fire,

Once the dumb public figure it out that is!

https://www.euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/affordable-housing-under-threat-as-large-investors-buy-up-european-homes/

Got to wonder why they didn;t do this in 2000.

I think this is just some rich toffs/bankers mates getting their corporations/banks into a state because their mates have asked them.

Worse, John Lewis appointed an ex-banker who has immediately decided John Lewis ( who sell stuff for houses ) should get into build to rent.

These people are ****s of the highest order.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

Worse, John Lewis appointed an ex-banker who has immediately decided John Lewis ( who sell stuff for houses ) should get into build to rent.

Quite a clever business diversification strategy there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HousePriceMania
24 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Quite a clever business diversification strategy there.

What, buying houses at the peak of a housing bubble ?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chewing Grass
On 08/02/2022 at 08:58, Frank Hovis said:

Or that's the canary singing because it's reminiscent of the "can't lose" attitude that saw Grant Bovey's BTL "empire" go pop in 2009.

With those housing assets you need a return that exceeds your cost of capital.

If base rates go to 5% corporate rates will go to 6 - 7% so a house that they have bought for £300k will need to yield gross 8% to allow for maintenance and overheads.

Or £2k a month rent.

Nobody will pay that and it goes pop like the rest of the housing market; though it will go early like Bovey's company as it's going to be highly geared.

 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1678370/Grant-Bovey-served-papers-by-bailiff.html

 

My god Range Rovers were cheap back then...

Mr Bovey, 48, was involved in a tense exchange with the bailiff on Friday when he arrived home in his £60,000 black Range Rover.

  • Agree 2
  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sleepwello'nights
19 hours ago, mh9000 said:

I always assumed it would be the opposite, bigger investors buying entire large blocks of flats. Just thinking it would be too much hassle to manage maintenance for individual houses regardless of quality. Maybe that’s only the case with brand new developments like those blocks of flats in central Manchester? I could be completely wrong of course.

Yeah tower block living is wonderful, not. 

The cities in the sky envisaged by Courbusier brought many social problems in their wake.

 

 

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blackrock has been doing this for years in the States.......friends of the FED no less

'know thine enemy' springs to mind again......the enemy has been known since 2008 :Old:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

I would hope they would build large developments of apartments. They do this in the U.S. and are bloody brilliant.

The sooner we get it here the better.

that sounds wrong to me on so many levels.....if you've got a massive country with great transport links why da fuk would you ever need to build 'large apartments' all the time.......I can understand youngsters wanting to live in large conurbations but it's rough as fuk in nearly ALL US cities....

For me the Yankees have been fukking things up for decades now! The divide between rich n poor now is just totally fukkin gobsmacking and have you seen the student debt levels!? Quel horreur........US models are headed for the UK now so RIP 'Shite Britain' :P

Edited by nirvana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
40 minutes ago, nirvana said:

.if you've got a massive country with great transport links

That's one thing they really haven't got.

Take my lad's place - very nice modern ground floor 2 bed apartment (one of about 100) in landscaped grounds. Large rooms (1500 sq ft) and all white goods.

On site gym, pool, BBQ, maintenance and reception. All white goods included.

£833 per month including all service charges / property tax.

Who wouldn't like that here?

 

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

That's one thing they really haven't got

but you know why yeah? cos BIG CORP and BIG OIL controls everything in the states.......there's no incentive to have a public/government controlled transport system when all the politicians get bribed to buggery and back :P

£833 is a fortune in a 'large cuntry'......you could live in a bloody chateau in France for that :Old:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
4 minutes ago, nirvana said:

but you know why yeah? cos BIG CORP and BIG OIL controls everything in the states.......there's no incentive to have a public/government controlled transport system when all the politicians get bribed to buggery and back :P

£833 is a fortune in a 'large cuntry'......you could live in a bloody chateau in France for that :Old:

Not all inclusive you couldn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Not all inclusive you couldn't.

well it depends on a lot, leccy is cheap and if you live in a forest and get free wood you probs could....plus growing your own food saves a fortune

the US and UK have the same attitude now of wanting to get their arses wiped with burgers and pizzas on top and that's why they're now overflowing with fat aholes, ahem....up the European massive! xD:Jumping:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bobthebuilder
10 minutes ago, nirvana said:

if you live in a forest and get free wood you probs could....plus growing your own food saves a fortune

You have just described the life of a peasant. All your hair and teeth would fall out.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

You have just described the life of a peasant. All your hair and teeth would fall out.

no cos you supplement it with vitamin tablets and cod liver oil lol

plus there is plenty of wildlife if you want to join the 'we're all cunts let's kill bambi' gang.......

NB chickens! they like the cuntryside too :)

Edited by nirvana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/02/2022 at 11:30, nirvana said:

Blackrock has been doing this for years in the States.......friends of the FED no less

'know thine enemy' springs to mind again......the enemy has been known since 2008 :Old:

~2 years.

A LL ownership of Condos has been going on for ages.

Its just the appeal of Condo ownership as a hedge has become very valuable  to large finsec orgs, esp. as shopping malls continue to shitcan.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell

Buying property and making money from it is depending on interest rates not going up and either keeping them warm and dry or having nice tenants who keep them warm and dry.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/02/2022 at 10:34, sleepwello'nights said:

Yeah tower block living is wonderful, not. 

The cities in the sky envisaged by Courbusier brought many social problems in their wake.

 

 

I meant the new build block of flats sort of thing you see cropping up in Manchester and elsewhere. Seems lot of them are owned fully by pension funds to rent out. https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/manctopia-ep-4-probes-concept-of-community/

Seems they would be easier to maintain than 1000s of individual aging houses, would be more a liability for big institutions surely?
Maybe I'm just in denial though, someone is hoovering up all the houses at the minute.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...