• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

If you live in freedom, thank the British Empire

We gave them the recipe and detailed instructions on how to cook-up a successful country, but through their corruption and expediency all they managed to bake was a massive islamic shit pie!

Yum! :Sick1:

Well now, if you were living in a mud hut with a few goats, and the British Army was on its way colonising half the world, it was probably better to Accept Queen Victoria, as your great queen, as the French, Dutch, Germans and Belgians might be coming from the other direction, and they weren't so nice.:o

Not all parts of the Empire turned to shit after independence. India is a model of Britishness, so much so we encouraged them to administer Africa.

I was surprised at the modern electric trains. Makes that rush hour trip in London look like, er, it should be in India.

Edited by MrPin

I don't know about white people Carl. Everyone in the Empire was sort of British. One of my colleagues was from British Guyana, somewhere in South America, next to something horribly French. They even had proper policemen's helmets, and red post boxes. He did his A levels by correspondence course, then went to Imperial College. Everything British was familiar to him. He now lives in Cheam. His origin would have been India. He has the same first name as me, which is horribly Celtic.

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't know about white people Carl. Everyone in the Empire was sort of British. One of my colleagues was from British Guyana, somewhere in South America, next to something horribly French. They even had proper policemen's helmets, and red post boxes. He did his A levels by correspondence course, then went to Imperial College. Everything British was familiar to him. He now lives in Cheam. His origin would have been India. He has the same first name as me, which is horribly Celtic.

Careful now Pin - you will be admitting to being Welsh next.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

Careful now Pin - you will be admitting to being Welsh next.

Some know, but I do have a name popular in Wales, er, and France.:o

58 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I was just saying white people are the good guys, unlike the way in which they are portrayed. There are no doubt good guys of other nationalities but British people have been decent and have been made out to be baddies.

Your colleague may be culturally British but he is not British.

Did you watch or listen to the video? I was amazed, this guilt over our involvement in slavery is so misplaced.

I have not been involved in slavery, despite having spent a few years in Bristol. Yes the bloke is British, but not English, or Scottish or Welsh.

17 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I have not been involved in slavery, despite having spent a few years in Bristol. Yes the bloke is British, but not English, or Scottish or Welsh.

I disagree, he is neither British, English, Welsh or Irish. Especially so since he wasn't even born here, even if he had been though....

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

I disagree, he is neither British, English, Welsh or Irish. Especially so since he wasn't even born here, even if he had been though....

Or Scottish, can't believe I forgot to add that.

4 hours ago, MrPin said:

Bristol does have an awful lot of S&M clubs. You probably wandered in by mistake looking for a pint.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Bristol does have an awful lot of S&M clubs. You probably wandered in by mistake looking for a pint.

I rarely get as far as Bristol. Congresbury seems exotic to me.:o

I used to believe that Britain was a colonial oppressor and responsible for many bad things now I believe that Britain was a force for good in this world.

The British people have been brainwashed and browbeaten to feel ashamed of their past by these horrible unpatriotic lefties.

The contribution to the former colonies by the British is widely underestimated with regard to infrastructure,judiciary and administration.

Every country in the world has done things it shouldn't but Britain's good points far outweigh the bad.

4 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

I used to believe that Britain was a colonial oppressor and responsible for many bad things now I believe that Britain was a force for good in this world.

The British people have been brainwashed and browbeaten to feel ashamed of their past by these horrible unpatriotic lefties.

The contribution to the former colonies by the British is widely underestimated with regard to infrastructure,judiciary and administration.

Every country in the world has done things it shouldn't but Britain's good points far outweigh the bad.

Hurrah for Britain.

Sure, you have to see history for what it is, and not through a fog of embarrassment, for what some ancestor might have done.

Even TV shows of the 70s look very dated now.