DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Oh no, my Bentley

Sugarlips

Chewing Grass
13 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

Oh dear, how sad, never mind, they will be insured and will create employment for the beleaguered German car manufacturers who are running at 60% of what they were in 2018/19.

• Informative 1

12 hours ago, markyh said:

Most likely a Porsche Taycan, they are renowned for it already. 

There are some right daft car names about these days. Taycan as in stolen? xD

Renault Kadjar as in scrounger? xD

VW Touran Toureg Tiguan, which is which without looking? xD

And those are just off the top of my head, there are likely plenty more with silly or confusing names without even getting into the realms of Porshe 911 or McLaren model designations where you need to know how they do it to understand how two seeming identical looking cars are different.

Also some manufacturers obviously have so much spare manufacturing capacity they bring out seeming every possible variant, such as BMW with the saloon, coupe, and hatchback versions of each car all pretty much the same size so do you go for the 2, 3, or 4 series, how many doors do you want, what type of boot do you want? They cover all the bases.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Don Coglione

With the fire on the Greece to Italy ferry, I am starting to think that boats and trains carrying electric cars are best avoided now. Imagine if one went up in the Eurotunnel...

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

21 hours ago, BoSon said:

There are some right daft car names about these days. Taycan as in stolen? xD

Renault Kadjar as in scrounger? xD

I know two of your stereotypical bennie claimants, one middle aged with the obligatory "anxiety and depression" and regulation dole pole, the other a single mummy with a fake nails n' brows business run from her living room which she works a precisely convenient 16 hours per week at... both drive relatively new Kadjars.

The irony of those people driving that particular car wasn't lost on me

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

Frank Hovis
19 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

With the fire on the Greece to Italy ferry, I am starting to think that boats and trains carrying electric cars are best avoided now. Imagine if one went up in the Eurotunnel...

A very good point.

LPG and similar are already banned as being a fire risk so yes maybe those fires waiting to happen that are EV batteries should also be banned from Eurotunnel, car ferries, underground car parks etc.

For safety reasons we are not able to transport vehicles powered by ANY flammable gasses, including but not limited to: BiFuel, Autogas, Hydrogen, LPG, CNG or CGH2.

I feel a bit sorry for those customers with their shiny new cars on this ship. It already takes months to years on the waiting list before you throw in a mystery fire.

light n dark
5 hours ago, spunko said:

I feel a bit sorry for those customers with their shiny new cars on this ship. It already takes months to years on the waiting list before you throw in a mystery fire.

Some person had to keep their last German UberWagen a few months more before trading it in for an even shinier one.

Worse things happen at sea. 

Oh - it did!

• Lol 1