DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

10cc

• 2 weeks later...
man o' the year

Getting really down to details one thing that has always troubled me is the blip in "Brand New Day" on Original Soundtrack album. About a minute in on "the sun shines ABOVE you" the sound goes weird. I suspect a problem on a reel to reel tape having been caught and slowed for a second making Eric Stewart's vocal go deeper. Anyone else this big an anorak?

Edited by man o' the year

35 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

Getting really down to details one thing that has always troubled me is the blip in "Brand New Day" on Original Soundtrack album. About a minute in on "the sun shines ABOVE you" the sound goes weird. I suspect a problem on a reel to reel tape having been caught and slowed for a second making Eric Stewart's vocal go deeper. Anyone else this big an anorak?

Yes. You can hear it really clearly.

Some of the Pointer Sisters tracks have this, and probably for the same reason. The speed stability on "I'm So Excited" is abysmal in places. I used to suppose the record was warped or badly pressed, but it's on the master.

• 1 month later...

10cc were great! B|

You can hear some of 'The Beach Boys' in some of the tracks like Rubber Bullets. I think the Dean & I is my fave track with that guitar riff.

I inherited a stack of LPs from my father and I have to say that the 10cc one (the one pictured in the top video) is still awaiting a listen.

I spent the weekend putting my entire collection into Discogs to see if anything was worth money. All these inherited ones are 100% mint condition :) That one wasn't though, it's basically worthless. 

Listened to the one posted, but I'm not sure I'm going to fall for that style of prog-rock-opera. I do normally go for some prog-rock but that just goes nowhere and just washes over me. The second one does nothing for me. It's just annoying.

If anyone is a huge 10cc fan and fancies the vinyl LP then drop me a message.

On 05/06/2017 at 01:19, DTMark said:

I inherited a stack of LPs from my father and I have to say that the 10cc one (the one pictured in the top video) is still awaiting a listen.

I spent the weekend putting my entire collection into Discogs to see if anything was worth money. All these inherited ones are 100% mint condition :) That one wasn't though, it's basically worthless. 

Listened to the one posted, but I'm not sure I'm going to fall for that style of prog-rock-opera. I do normally go for some prog-rock but that just goes nowhere and just washes over me. The second one does nothing for me. It's just annoying.

If anyone is a huge 10cc fan and fancies the vinyl LP then drop me a message.

There's an export option in Discogs that allows you to export to a CSV file. You could then post up your musical inheritance for suggestions on what you really should have a listen to.:)

Here you go. Now, how did some of those come to be there, eh? ;)

Doesn't include the CDs (I have about 50, I think) nor 7" singles (about 70 of those). Nor the shellacs - about a dozen of those in the inherited selection.

LPs at the bottom.

dtmark-vinyl.xls

Uptherebels
7 hours ago, DTMark said:

Here you go. Now, how did some of those come to be there, eh? ;)

Doesn't include the CDs (I have about 50, I think) nor 7" singles (about 70 of those). Nor the shellacs - about a dozen of those in the inherited selection.

LPs at the bottom.

dtmark-vinyl.xls

Is that list, a list of all your stuff, or just a list of what you inherited?? 

Re the 10cc vinyl offer. I already have them all, but nothing to play them on. Now if you've an unwanted turntable......... :)

1 hour ago, Uptherebels said:

Is that list, a list of all your stuff, or just a list of what you inherited?? 

Re the 10cc vinyl offer. I already have them all, but nothing to play them on. Now if you've an unwanted turntable......... :)

That's all the physical media both mine and inherited. Though all the inherited ones are LPs.  

I would admit to buying the Whigfield ones though not Roxette nor Barry Manilow - those were bought for my Mum by my Dad I think! Getting the excuses in early..

Sadly no, no spare turntable.

You splashed the cash on Songbird!

If you haven't yet listned to Wish You Were Here that's the obvious one that I think you'll like.

Neil Young - Harvest is a classic. Not really your thing but worth a try - I love the track Out On The Weekend

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - Surely you've listned to that?

Got to go but I'll look through more thoroughly when I have more time.

Doubt you'll get on with Black Sabbath but in part, it's not too far from the wall of sound thing you like, just heavier. Amazingly, I discover the title track has been covered by the Cardigans :Geek:

Here's the original

11 hours ago, NTB said:

You splashed the cash on Songbird!

If you haven't yet listned to Wish You Were Here that's the obvious one that I think you'll like.

Neil Young - Harvest is a classic. Not really your thing but worth a try - I love the track Out On The Weekend

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - Surely you've listned to that?

Got to go but I'll look through more thoroughly when I have more time.

Rumours - what a marvellous album. Sheer class. Back in the halcyon days when music was good, when music was real. 

33 minutes ago, Tabasco Kid said:

Rumours - what a marvellous album. Sheer class. Back in the halcyon days when music was good, when music was real. 

Absolutely. They never quite managed to reach those heights again. It's amazing what broken hearts and torment can inspire when translated into music.