DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Storage heaters

King Penda

Question

King Penda

One of my

mums has died don’t surgest gas central heating my mum loves fucking storage heaters . It’s about 16 years old what’s likely to have fucked up on it will see later if thrashing it this afternoon has fixed the problem also are they hard to install or has it got to be an electricians job

13 answers to this question

One percent
8 minutes ago, King Penda said:

One of my

mums has died don’t surgest gas central heating my mum loves fucking storage heaters . It’s about 16 years old what’s likely to have fucked up on it will see later if thrashing it this afternoon has fixed the problem also are they hard to install or has it got to be an electricians job

You have two mums?  Sorry for your loss but at least you have a spare. :)

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

King Penda
1 minute ago, One percent said:

You have two mums?  Sorry for your loss but at least you have a spare. :)

Pain in the arse I’ve had to visit one twice in under 24 hours it’s like coroline the film

• Lol 1

13 minutes ago, King Penda said:

One of my

Heavy bastards, you will need to get rid of the old bricks.  Not difficult just don't mix up the peak and off peak circuits

• Agree 1

belfastchild
1 minute ago, Loki said:

Heavy bastards, you will need to get rid of the old bricks.  Not difficult just don't mix up the peak and off peak circuits

Used old storage heater bricks as the base for my outdoor pizza oven, so you can sell them. Think I paid 3 quid each iirc from a guy clearing an older house.

• Informative 1

Just now, belfastchild said:

Used old storage heater bricks as the base for my outdoor pizza oven, so you can sell them. Think I paid 3 quid each iirc from a guy clearing an older house.

Have you seen @King Penda's attempt to roast a chicken? There would be no survivors if he tried pizza

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

King Penda
9 minutes ago, Loki said:

I would guess it’s the separate switch that goes to it might be Possible to reuse the wires unless your saying there’s two lots of connections in the heater

1 minute ago, King Penda said:

I would guess it’s the separate switch that goes to it might be Possible to reuse the wires unless your saying there’s two lots of connections in the heater

Everything will be re-usable but yes I suppose you could say two lots of connections

King Penda
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Everything will be re-usable but yes I suppose you could say two lots of connections

Cheers but if the circuit is the economy 7 one will it matter

Edited by King Penda

1 minute ago, King Penda said:

Cheers but if the circuit is the economy 7 one will it matter

You just need to make sure that is connected to the night-time element that heats the bricks or it's all pointless xD (They normally have a day time boost function)

It's one of those things that will be clear when you're looking at it, take the electrical connection cover off the old one and you'll see what I mean

• Cheers 1

reformed nice guy

Wire them into the street lights - free electric and you know they will be on at the right time :Old:

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

I would personally just get a fan-assisted electric heater. About £40 on Amazon, the fan makes a huge difference in pushing the heat around. I use one to heat my office, takes about an hour in the morning then it's fine.

Or if you're okay with rewiring plugs etc you could wire up one of those wall mounted ones. I probably wouldn't risk it though, unless you know 100% what you're doing, for obvious reasons......... :D