DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Are all physios shite?

ElKapitan84

ElKapitan84

Seen two this month, TFCC injury, minor one, I'm hoping.  And, of course, two physios giving two different diagnoses and strong attempts to make it look like they knew what the fuck they were on about.  The first one I seen I recognised, he used to sell car parts, wiper blades etc.  You'd see him before an MOT.

In addition, GPs are even worse.

Gonna take my own advice and carefully keep blood pumping through it.

P.S. anyone had TFCC trouble?

Edited by ElKapitan84
  • Agree 1

Frank Hovis

It seems to be pot luck with physios; I worked with two people who had bad backs and each used different physios though had previously used the other physio.

Each said that their current physio was superb but that the other one was rubbish.

It seemed to be about finding the physio who was adept at treating your personal condition rather than there being particularly good or particularly bad physios; or "whatever works for you".

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy

I'd been putting up with a bad back, went to a physio and after a 20 minute session came out and banged my head on the roof getting into the car. I was 6 inches taller instead of stooping over. Best £48 I've ever spent. Good luck with yours.

(Before anybody starts, I know I could have easily banged my head without spending £48)

• Agree 1

A good physio like a good doctor will try to find the cause of the issue [and provide remedial action], rather than treating the symptom [and providing short term relief/medication]. Unfortunately I find the majority of GP's fall into the latter category, but the only Physio I ever visited [referred by a young but enlightened GP] was in the former category, rectified the issue, and it has never returned since [many years ago].

Panther
15 hours ago, ElKapitan84 said:

P.S. anyone had TFCC trouble?

Had to look that up but it sounds like something I had recently when I injured my hand. The doctors didn't care much about it compared to the fracture on the other side of the hand. Hand immobilised for 13 weeks for the fracture so the soft tissue injury on the other side effectively got zero treatment and has resolved itself.

I'm not even sure why people go to physiotherapists for soft tissue injuries, isn't rest the obvious answer.

Edited by Panther

1 hour ago, Panther said:

I'm not even sure why people go to physiotherapists for soft tissue injuries, isn't rest the obvious answer.

Not really. I think active recovery is more advised these days.

In fact the whole RICE thing could be complete nonsense. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation). I'd also caution against any anti-inflammatory medicine too. Inflammation happens for a reason - to repair damage. Why would you want to limit it...

• Agree 1

The best physios are like the best mechanics. If you're not already in the door you won't get anywhere near the front of the waiting list.

Solve it yourself by watching youtube vids and learning what the physios do. Everything humans have achieved has been learned, just got to have the smarts to understand it, or the money to bypass the queue. xD

4 hours ago, BoSon said:

The best physios are like the best mechanics. If you're not already in the door you won't get anywhere near the front of the waiting list.

Solve it yourself by watching youtube vids and learning what the physios do. Everything humans have achieved has been learned, just got to have the smarts to understand it, or the money to bypass the queue. xD

Yes there are lots of good videos that show you what checks to do to work out what's wrong. Experience means a lot of course but some things are very obvious. 

Then you just go to what treatment is needed. 

On the other hand I've had some very good physios who have sorted things out very well. Others useless. 

spygirl

GPs are OK as long as what youve got can be diagnoses within ~1 minute.

However ... anything that can be diagnoses so quickly is probably bets done by a computer and the GP shortcircuit/not bothered with.

Physios, masseuse, whatnot are not even one trick ponies.

They do something, their way. I it works then - best physios ever!

If it doesnt - totally useless.

From my limited  experience -

I had  weird upper back pain problem.

That tripped up most physios/whatnots -who were all expecting lower back pain.

Once you what youve got and how to treat it it becomes obvious.

I had tight/perma tenses upper arm muscles, which pulled my back muscles, which caused a tight circle of pain on my shoulder.

• Agree 1

Andersen

+1 for Chiropractors.

We had one in the village, she had a good reputation for everything from sporting & horse riding injuries to whiplash and OAP aches & pains. She was a nice lady, the first time I met her she told me to strip to the waist - then she called to her girlfriend in the other room - it was an interesting experience for a shy young innocent such as myself (times change - I'm not as shy as I used to be :D ) 

The XYY Man

To answer the original poster's question, yes they are all shite.

And the vast majority of them take it up the shitter - which keeps the steroid-chomping arse bandits on here more than happy...

XYY

• Lol 1

48 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

To answer the original poster's question, yes they are all shite.

And the vast majority of them take it up the shitter - which keeps the steroid-chomping arse bandits on here more than happy...

XYY

To be fair to physios the size of the chip on your shoulder would require major surgery :)

The XYY Man
Just now, Loki said:

To be fair to physios the size of the chip on your shoulder would require major surgery :)

Perhaps.

But it's nothing compared to the effort required to chisel off all the dried-on shite behind the rim of your Bobbie's helmet...

XYY

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Perhaps.

But it's nothing compared to the effort required to chisel off all the dried-on shite behind the rim of your Bobbie's helmet...

XYY

It's OK I get it, you're definitely not gay.  Not even a little bit gay.  Not even gay-curious.  Why would anyone think you're gay?  You're not gay.  Anyone can see you're not gay.  Look at all your hilarious gay one two four liners

• Lol 2

The XYY Man
1 minute ago, Loki said:

It's OK I get it, you're definitely not gay.  Not even a little bit gay.  Not even gay-curious.  Why would anyone think you're gay?  You're not gay.  Anyone can see you're not gay.  Look at all your hilarious gay one two four liners

Fuck off you bent cunt.

XYY

The XYY Man
9 minutes ago, Loki said:

Another classic

HAHA ME MAKE THE GAY JOKE AGAIN CUNT

Cum-guzzling bender fuckwit.

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

The XYY Man
5 hours ago, Loki said:

Stay mad fat boy

Stay bent, you jizz-guzzling, cock-chomping faggot.

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

6 hours ago, Loki said:

He seems to know the gay scene inside out. 

Too much time at Shotton 'library' I reckon...

@The XYY Man

0fa.gif

• Lol 1