DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Housing crisis

sarahbell

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/19987260.family-torn-apart-amid-social-housing-crisis-oldham

You shouldn't laugh.

"while their 21-year-old son stays on the sofa at his girlfriend’s house. "
hahah, yeah,sure he does.

Their privately-rented Werneth home has only three bedrooms,

Currently, he and his wife live with their 23-year-old daughter, who works as a nurse, while their 21-year-old son stays on the sofa at his girlfriend’s house. 

Shah and Shahanara’s 16-year-old daughter and nine-year-old son live with their uncle because of the limited space.

What?

They have three bedrooms.

AlfredTheLittle

Load of bollox, he doesn't need social housing for his grown up children, but equally it's impossible for anyone in his position (whether white or brown) to get decent housing unless it's social, because rents and house prices are way too high. 

The government's solution is get more people in and whack up house prices.

I do think some variation of this will be the new cladding sob-stories. They are usually full of holes once you go beneath the headline.

Previously those kind of stories were appearing every day but because Gove has dangled some potential action they have gone out of fashion.

Next thing will be people who can't afford both heating or food which will be presented as some kind of serious question.

Reading the regular people forums I do get a hint that pleading poverty is going to become more mainstream, because it will be distasteful to say you are comfortable. A reversion of recent years where flaunting of wealth (be it direct or indirect) was everywhere.

Id haqzrd that he canot afford the rent without his kids chipping in.

And his kids are adults and no longer get magic benny points.

A taxi driver by trade, the 46-year-old, who was born in Oldham, has four children with his wife Shahanara, 44, who works in food.

Their privately-rented Werneth home has only three bedrooms, meaning they don’t have enough space for all their children to live with them.

Currently, he and his wife live with their 23-year-old daughter, who works as a nurse, while their 21-year-old son stays on the sofa at his girlfriend’s house. 

This is a subcontinental version of 14p UC woman ...

I bet she doesnt work as a nurse. HCA tops.

Shah said he is also dealing with added stress from a looming rent rise and is concerned as he previously suffered a heart attack.

He says his landlord is set to increase his monthly rent by nearly 30 per cent – from £550 every four weeks to £700.

Should never allowed these low skilled dossers into the UK..

IIRC the LL cannot increase rents that much, in one go/short time period.

Shah is worried that with the rent increase, they will be unable to pay and will end up forced out of the house – making it harder to get a mortgage in the future.

He said: “We’re building our credit score.

“If he serves us with an eviction and takes us to court then that’s a big mark on our credit file.

“If we want to buy our own place in the next few years, we won’t have that opportunity.”

Hes 46. Hes sat, raking in bennies for all his life. Now the kids are 18+ and the gravy stops.

Hes not going to get a rmortgage.

Generally people from the Third World bring their habits here, particularly first generation migrants, ie. out-breeding the available space in their house and having too many children.

Must say I know of a few young people who live on sofas - seems perfectly legitimate to say that he lives on his girlfriend's sofa to me, it is rife. The people I know seem to drown out their obvious misery with excessive cannabis / Class A usage and video games.

One percent

I’m counting at least 4 adults, it isn’t clear from the pisspoor reporting.  How come:

a) they can’t live together in a three bedroom house? And

b) how come four adults cannot afford 700 quid in rent?  Are they not working?  

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/19987260.family-torn-apart-amid-social-housing-crisis-oldham

You shouldn't laugh.

"while their 21-year-old son stays on the sofa at his girlfriend’s house. "
hahah, yeah,sure he does.

Their privately-rented Werneth home has only three bedrooms,

Shah and Shahanara’s 16-year-old daughter and nine-year-old son live with their uncle because of the limited space.

What?

They have three bedrooms.

What is the son doing sleeping on his girlfriend's sofa?

He does not need rehousing, just some work on his chat up line. A box of chocolates, a few flowers and a compliment or two and the lad will soon gradate to the young lady's bed.

There are times when I despair of today's youth

belfastchild
45 minutes ago, humdrum said:

What is the son doing sleeping on his girlfriend's sofa?

Oh come on, Im sure we've all used that line at some point or other? Maybe just the ones with Irish/religious mammies? They didnt believe a fucking word of it either but they could tell others with a straight face.

Long time lurking

Nefarious ? as in you will own nothing and be happy or the end of BTL and holiday homes which we all know play a huge part in pricing ,locals and first time buyers out of the market 

The USA are also pushing a bill will almost identical policy/even wording regarding the last part highlighted 

goldbug9999
On 14/03/2022 at 11:13, spunko said:

The people I know seem to drown out their obvious misery with excessive ------- posting on dosbods.

Corrected for you.

Archived