DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sylvester Stallone wants you buy Ethereum. And then a wee cartoon of him.

JoeDavola

JoeDavola

What's this NFT thing all about, really. Is this a case of 'people will buy anything'. Is there any validity in this and can anyone explain it in idiot proof terms?

Here's Sly Stallone, worth IIRC $800 million, hawking some NFT's reading from a script about NFT's and Etherium and MetaMask and CoinBase wallet....none of which he knows anything about I'm sure but it's a way to squeeze more money out of obsessive fans:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbPl_3ajvzd/

And here's the 'product', 'Planet Sly': https://planetsly.com/

Never thought I'd see Sly Stallone telling me to go get some Etherium; either a sign it's going to raise in price further as it goes even more mainstream or we've hit the 'shoe shine boy' moment.

image.png.3fa173b9a0d47d93f3218ea079ec6f82.png

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Lol 2

Joncrete Cungle

Two of my friends asked me about Crypto recently, neither of whom have any savings nor any pension provision above the bare minimum in NEST. Shoe shine moment for me.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3
  • Lol 3

Dogtania

I get crypto as a currency but have difficulty understanding NFT's being a thing at all.  I see auction hoses like Chtistie's have started listing....yes they want some of that flowing money but also gives some gravitas to the whole thing.  NFT's selling for millions wot, like I'm missing something or living on a different planet.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Jonty Willis the Third
6 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I get crypto as a currency but have difficulty understanding NFT's being a thing at all.  I see auction hoses like Chtistie's have started listing....yes they want some of that flowing money but also gives some gravitas to the whole thing.  NFT's selling for millions wot, like I'm missing something or living on a different planet.

I don't think anybody sane understands it; the ones that say they do are the thick cunts who'll end up losing their life savings while a load of barely literate petty crims end up rich.

• Lol 1

Dogtania
4 minutes ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

I don't think anybody sane understands it; the ones that say they do are the thick cunts who'll end up losing their life savings while a load of barely literate petty crims end up rich.

tIt's got a look of MLM crossed with ponzi about it.  As long as your not holding the bag at the end of the day all good.  But if it keeps going up will we see financial products like funds buying to give exposure to the funfair for pensioners?  I'm sure there are good intentions for many but whole thing seems so shady unless we are about to merge with facebooks metaverse

Read the below a few days ago, an interesting tale but I'm still as bewildered as before really

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-the-southwest/when-nfts-invade-an-art-town

Jonty Willis the Third
7 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

tIt's got a look of MLM crossed with ponzi about it.  As long as your not holding the bag at the end of the day all good.  But if it keeps going up will we see financial products like funds buying to give exposure to the funfair for pensioners?  I'm sure there are good intentions for many but whole thing seems so shady unless we are about to merge with facebooks metaverse

Read the below a few days ago, an interesting tale but I'm still as bewildered as before really

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-the-southwest/when-nfts-invade-an-art-town

I think that's the blueprint for when Millennials and Gen Z are in power.

• Agree 1

wherebee
5 hours ago, Dogtania said:

NFTs are the classic tulip bulb for me.  No real world use beyond very niche users, massive inflation of value, lots of crooks, and reliant on sentiment 100%.  

BTC and others have real world use, especially in commerce.  NFTs - great for tax evasion and laundering, I suppose.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

Two of my friends asked me about Crypto recently, neither of whom have any savings nor any pension provision above the bare minimum in NEST. Shoe shine moment for me.

Get out while there is still time.

• 1 month later...
Surrounded by idiots
On 20/03/2022 at 11:36, Errol said:

Get out while there is still time.

Too late now, it seems!

• Lol 1

On 19/03/2022 at 21:05, Jonty Willis the Third said:

that aged well, no really it did.