• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

BBC no longer paying men more

I've worked in industries where there are few women. I think they were paid the same as blokes for the same job. Not sure what a "presenter" is worth.

43 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I've worked in industries where there are few women. I think they were paid the same as blokes for the same job. Not sure what a "presenter" is worth.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-history/silicon-revolution/chip-hall-of-fame-texas-instruments-tmc0281-speech-synthesizer

Th correct response is to start hacking away and replacing warm bodies with cold silicon.

Why the fuck does the radio news have to be read by a person FFS?

News paper jounros dont hand write the paper.

Why should broadcast ones read it?

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Full Beam

it is not like you'd even know she's presenting the news "on full beam" on the radio

Mishal-Husain-0008.jpg

Racism

Self styled "liberal" muslim Hussein will brook no criticism from members of the public, having accused an elderly gentleman of "racism" after he told off her feral kids in the Swiss Cottage Waitrose near to Hussein's home.

Humphries is "Obsessed"

Fellow R4 presenter John Humphrys asked her if the So-Called BBC had employed her on looks. Hussein retorted that the elderly broadcaster was "obsessed with autocuties".

Edited by davidg

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

In those indusries where there are few women, (techie enginerringee inds), you'll probably find they're being paid more for the 'same*' job.

*whatever that means.

Yes that lady would be employed for her looks. If she can actually do anything, that is a bonus.o.O

What about Penny Smith? She was "let go" for reaching her half century, when she was more attractive than some women half her age.

I guess having a nice face is good for television. I have a good face for the radio.:Old:

Edited by MrPin

14 minutes ago, davidg said:

Full Beam

it is not like you'd even know she's presenting the news "on full beam" on the radio.

Scrolling down, I assumed that "Full Beam" was a reference to her winning smile. Then I scrolled a little further...

2 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Scrolling down, I assumed that "Full Beam" was a reference to her winning smile. Then I scrolled a little further...

You bottom dweller! Filth!xD

I would not miss any of the So-Called BBC news readers, they are all ... well nothing really, just people who read stuff out loud. The only decent news reader is that lady in North Korea.

Edited by satch

When it comes to these sorts of salaries, it is all about what you can negotiate.

What this decision means is that these women get to try their own negotiation, but if it doesn't succeed they can fall-back on their male colleagues' negotiating ability.

Or, put another way, it suggests that these women are special and need protecting from the cutnthrust of the negotiation world.  Strange how this old-fashioned view seems to be acceptable.

Anyway, I'd argue that it is lower down the pay scales that there is a need for efforts to ensure salary equality.  [I'm also sure that there will be many instances where women are paid more for the same job at the So-Called BBC.]

10 hours ago, davidg said:

so the So-Called BBC want Humphreys out for being too "right wing"

That really shows just how far they have moved from the general public they're supposed to serve doesn't it? Humphreys is hardly what most people would consider a right winger and the Today show is just as pro-remain as everything else Radio 4 these days. 

2 hours ago, davidg said:

Full Beam

it is not like you'd even know she's presenting the news "on full beam" on the radio

Mishal-Husain-0008.jpg

Racism

Self styled "liberal" muslim Hussein will brook no criticism from members of the public, having accused an elderly gentleman of "racism" after he told off her feral kids in the Swiss Cottage Waitrose near to Hussein's home.

Humphries is "Obsessed"

Fellow R4 presenter John Humphrys asked her if the So-Called BBC had employed her on looks. Hussein retorted that the elderly broadcaster was "obsessed with autocuties".

There is a whole book to be written about pushy British born women of Asian origin. Incidentally a  few Indian computer programmers I have worked with over the years have told me they royally loath them.

That old misandrist Sheila Fogarty has turned up on LBC with a single handed Anti "Trumpian" campaign.  It was fascinating to listen to her tee up the RexTillerson 'resignation' speech last week, she refused to eat the massive shit sandwich that she had been served up afterwards.

Statistically speaking the truth is probably men at the So-Called BBC are now vastly outnumbered by a combined mix of women and the recently invented gender neutral.

That is the beauty of self-assignment, bet they have all been recently made to restate their gender as a result of H.R. updating their records.