DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

More punctures than before or just me?

longtomsilver

longtomsilver

I'm on my third puncture this year already and pre-plandemic doubt I had more than one in two years.

I've not seen a road sweeper in eons either and wonder if others have experienced similar. Council cuts further hiding the true cost of inflation again and putting a hole in my tyre and pocket.

longtomsilver

Also ATS now charge a whopping £28s for a puncture repair which isn't far off the cost of a budget tyre. I've now got a stack of tyres filling up my shed for when I get around to repairing them myself.

Haven't had a puncture in decades.  3 in one year seems extreme unless you're doing moon miles.

Got a beef with anyone who might be doing the old nails under the tyre trick?  Parking space dispute etc.  Or perhaps a dodgy rim.

• Cheers 1

Frank Hovis

Based on what I know of your job Tom I'm guessing that you're street parking in town centres in the dark so probably aren't seeing broken glass, cans etc.

Touch wood I've only had one puncture but the vast majority of my mileage has been motorways, dual carriageways and A roads with parking in car parks or suburbs.

• Agree 1

longtomsilver
3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Haven't had a puncture in decades.  3 in one year seems extreme unless you're doing moon miles.

Got a beef with anyone who might be doing the old nails under the tyre trick?  Parking space dispute etc.  Or perhaps a dodgy rim.

I'm doing 28,000 miles a year and try and centre myself away from the gutter... re. your last I do have a neighbourly dispute and 3 nails in one tyre is a tad suspicious 🤔 I'll install a RING doorbell and keep an eye on that.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Based on what I know of your job Tom I'm guessing that you're street parking in town centres in the dark so probably aren't seeing broken glass, cans etc.

Touch wood I've only had one puncture but the vast majority of my mileage has been motorways, dual carriageways and A roads with parking in car parks or suburbs.

... I use the council car park on the outskirts of the town.

• Informative 1

whitevanman
On 22/03/2022 at 15:09, Democorruptcy said:

Have you upset your neighbour or someone at work?

This just happened to a mate of mine. He parked in the street in someone else’s spot, flat tyre with two screws in it the next morning. This is a public street, anyone can legally park there. People are weird about parking. 

Another friend got her car keyed because she parked in front of her neighbour’s house (in the street). The neighbour was a bennie mum with no car.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Make sure the tyre pressures are not low as apparently it makes it easier for objects to penetrate than if slightly over inflated, or inflate for max load even when running with mostly just driver.

A motion sensing camera (with adequate recording for the fuzz as evidence) keeping eye on any neighbours tampering if one suspects that's going on.

• Informative 1