DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Inflation to the moon

King Penda

Ok which is the best investment tinned food or gold and silver . Obviously debt gets inflated away but what happens to renters will house prices crash or has wages increase rapidly will they be able to buy off fucked btl landlords.what happens to small private  pensions eroded to fuck or will they increase or tag behind inflation.obviously my small amount is in the worst possible investment area under the fucking floorboards .

9 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Ok which is the best investment tinned food or gold and silver . Obviously debt gets inflated away but what happens to renters will house prices crash or has wages increase rapidly will they be able to buy off fucked btl landlords.what happens to small private  pensions eroded to fuck or will they increase or tag behind inflation.obviously my small amount is in the worst possible investment area under the fucking floorboards .

Can you pm me your address and when your not in. Cheers.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Can you pm me your address and when your not in. Cheers.

Yes I need to be burgled that’s going to get me about 15k at least my watch is covered for over 2k and my metal detector can you pinch 4 iPads has well .

Bobthebuilder
13 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Obviously debt gets inflated away

With high inflation, its not so much the debt that gets inflated away, but the worthless cash that loses its purchasing power, the debt remains. You would need big pay rises to counter high inflation.

Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

With high inflation, its not so much the debt that gets inflated away, but the worthless cash that loses its purchasing power, the debt remains. You would need big pay rises to counter high inflation.

But debt is in theory cash ?

Bobthebuilder
Just now, King Penda said:

But debt is in theory cash ?

Yes, but the debt has not gone, just been devalued in relation to goods and services. What are you going to do, if a bag of pasta costs £40? Buy the pasta or pay your debt.

High inflation is good for those with debt, that can increase their earnings in line with or above the inflation rate.

If not, then you are fucked.

3 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Yes, but the debt has not gone, just been devalued in relation to goods and services. What are you going to do, if a bag of pasta costs £40? Buy the pasta or pay your debt.

High inflation is good for those with debt, that can increase their earnings in line with or above the inflation rate.

Wages can rise rapidly in theory im sure the miners got 30% one year and 35% the year after then thatcher got in and fucked them over.unless your talking of hyper inflation then surley the beans are the best bet. But what would happen to renters 

Bobthebuilder
4 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Wages can rise rapidly in theory im sure the miners got 30% one year and 35% the year after then thatcher got in and fucked them over

Think about the extra tax take on all that wage inflation, Sunak has frozen tax allowances and might be about to raise NI.

Its theft, always has been.

Spend your filthy lucre on tin food and physical silver, would be my best guess.

2 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Think about the extra tax take on all that wage inflation, Sunak has frozen tax allowances and might be about to raise NI.

Spend your filthy lucre on tin food and physical silver, would be my best guess.

It’s just a hypothetical question at the moment but it’s going to be interesting 

Bobthebuilder
7 minutes ago, King Penda said:

It’s just a hypothetical question at the moment but it’s going to be interesting 

Totally agree.

I think anyone today loading up on debt, thinking it will be inflated away, is making a very bad decision.

2 hours ago, King Penda said:

Yes I need to be burgled that’s going to get me about 15k at least my watch is covered for over 2k and my metal detector can you pinch 4 iPads has well .

Working at a university in brum 18mths ago, the offices got burgled and to my surprise they never took the iPads. The cops said they are easily traced which surprised me. I can’t afford to get to Stoke anyway due to diesel costs lol. 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Working at a university in brum 18mths ago, the offices got burgled and to my surprise they never took the iPads. The cops said they are easily traced which surprised me. I can’t afford to get to Stoke anyway due to diesel costs lol. 

Give me your bank details I will send you some fuel money ps what’s your first pet called and your mothers maiden name

4 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Give me your bank details I will send you some fuel money ps what’s your first pet called and your mothers maiden name

Fanny Adams..... 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Fanny Adams..... 

there’s a song about her was she murdered and chopped up and troops used the name to describe rations

Inflation can mean different things, and even individual historical periods of it had distinct phases. The best investment would be very different for different ones.

Controversially, I don't think we are in for a hyperinflation in this country though. It is barely worth working for a living already, much more inflation and people will simply not bother. Hyper-Inflation leads to revolutions, whereas historically recessions used to be routine. The "soft landing" that central bankers speak of is basically a recession, and what they will attempt to cause.

3 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Oddly enough, I created a 'false debt' in my offset mortgage account for 25k last year; the existing balance means no interest and no fees, but I wanted a little bit of debt in case something stupid happens here in oz like debt jubilee for houseowners.

In weird times like this, anything is possible.

what happened to Germany in the 30s? The US, UK and France decided to fuk them over with inflation and look what happened......maybe the same will happen again with the Russian bear?

Frank Hovis
14 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Silver is so bulky though, albeit not as bulky as tinned goods. If you're having to hide or move it then gold or platinum are so much easier.

I am currently trying to only visit the supermarket once a week in an attempt to run down my enormous mountain of tinned goods as I start on these once the perishables have run out.

So I am going the wrong way in this!

14 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

It also very much depends on duration. Rollover can mean instant death in a sustained high inflation. 

reformed nice guy

RPI for the year to February 2022 was 8.2% but luckily everyone got a payrise of a similar amount.... right?

(average payrise was 3.8% according to most up to date stats)

5 hours ago, reformed nice guy said:

RPI for the year to February 2022 was 8.2% but luckily everyone got a payrise of a similar amount.... right?

(average payrise was 3.8% according to most up to date stats)

I only got 3%

But I'm already paid far more than I'm worth so joke's on them!

Archived