• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

SpectrumFX

Welcome to London, where a 1 hour walk can mean 3 separate sexual assaults from 3 different men

http://news.met.police.uk/news/appeal-after-woman-sexually-assaulted-by-multiple-suspects-following-night-out-267602

Detectives have released images and CCTV footage of two men wanted in connection with a series of sexual assaults on a 17-year-old girl as she was making her way home from a night out in east London.

Officers believe that the victim was attacked on three separate occasions in an hour - from around 23:55hrs on Friday, 29 September up until around 12:55hrs on Saturday 30 September - after she became separated from her friends following a visit to a Tower Hamlets night club.

The student was trying to get home to central London at the time she was attacked in quick succession by suspect 1, suspect 2 and suspect 3. Detectives believe the last attacker was part of a small group.

The suspects presumably are all caucasian males otherwise I doubt that the footage would have been released.

Whilst she should not have to be in danger the reality of life, especially now and especially in that part of London, is that she was incredibly stupid to be out alone at that time of night in that location.

5 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Probably poor journalism but 2355 to 1255 is 13hrs. 

Good point - more likely till 00.55.

I had a dream last night where I was made head of the So-Called BBC and the first thing I did was cancel all renewal of presenter and journo contracts. I then set a general 52K a year salary cap on all journos and presenters. There were questions in Parliament and Huw Edwards, Emily Maitlis and Daivd Dimberbly et al led a protest against me.

I much prefer it when hot models come in my dreams - fnaar - and I am a Hollywood mogul.

12 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

13 hours?

I only glanced the article and assumed that this all happened over an hour or so in the middle of the night? Was she carted off to some building?

The dipshits they got working at the met don't understand the 24 hour clock more like.

Nuts how anyone could think walking around on your own at London at night is safe, male or female, sober let alone drunk. Sadly I guess when you're young and pissed up it's easy to make these wrong decisions, esp if you've gotten away with it once before or you've grown up somewhere else than Londonstan. Guess it's all just part and parcel of living in the city eh Khan you cunt?

Edited by gibbon

6 minutes ago, gibbon said:

The dipshits they got working at the met don't understand the 24 hour clock more like.

Nuts how anyone could think walking around on your own at London at night is safe, male or female, sober let alone drunk. Sadly I guess when you're young and pissed up it's easy to make these wrong decisions, esp if you've gotten away with it once before or you've grown up somewhere else than Londonstan. Guess it's all just part and parcel of living in the city eh Khan you cunt?

I don't particularly like being around that part of London in the day time. I bet Queen Mary uni has some pretty horrific stats for this kind of thing. 

This is very much a case of Tales of the Expected in that part of London.

That's not having a go at the victim as she should absolutely be safe from assault.  Some things however put you at risk. 

A colleague had a son at Manchester Uni twenty years ago and even then there were posters up advising students not to go to Moss Side.  I would assume London Unis do similar.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

This is very much a case of Tales of the Expected in that part of London.

That's not having a go at the victim as she should absolutely be safe from assault.  Some things however put you at risk. 

A colleague had a son at Manchester Uni twenty years ago and even then there were posters up advising students not to go to Moss Side.  I would assume London Unis do similar.

They may do, but this girl was only 17 so won't have gone to uni yet

:(

4 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The suspects presumably are all caucasian males otherwise I doubt that the footage would have been released.

Whilst she should not have to be in danger the reality of life, especially now and especially in that part of London, is that she was incredibly stupid to be out alone at that time of night in that location.

I thought the beardy man on the bike was probably not a caucasian male. Difficult to be sure but I doubt if it will be long before he's identified.

Nasty, nasty tale. Encountering one rapey scumbag is always a possibility for a young girl alone at night, but one, then another, then three more? FFS.

Edited by swissy_fit

Some decent CCTV footage of two of them though. It wouldn't surprise me if they were known in the area. Do the MET secretly half hope for some vigilante justice, by posting such clips? I doubt anybody would lose any sleep over it...

5 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Some decent CCTV footage of two of them though. It wouldn't surprise me if they were known in the area. Do the MET secretly half hope for some vigilante justice, by posting such clips? I doubt anybody would lose any sleep over it...

You're only going to get one type of vigilante in that area and it sounds like them dishing out their justice IS the incident. 

26 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

You're only going to get one type of vigilante in that area and it sounds like them dishing out their justice IS the incident. 

I don't know the area and hadn't thought about it like that! Is TH really so enriched to the exclusion of any native Londoners?

Interesting. I knew it was a big Islamic borough. Still over 30% white though. I stand by my point that the MET probably wouldn't be too upset by some vigilante justice, barring the sparking of full on race riots, of course. Incidents like this are prime catalysts for that kind of tension. Good job the heat of summer is behind us!

A Geordie mate of mine's reminscences of a trip to London, involved getting beaten up and robbed on the way home from the pub in the East End. This was years ago. I never got that in Newcastle, as I was too "fugging hord"!:o